Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

thanks for posting your experiences all, I finally got the Beat Zico trophy (was stuck at 30.88 for a bit) with a final time of 30.63 (4 barrel roll method).

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default Zone Zeus

Thanks heaps for posting your experiences guys. What camera view were you using? I use internal but it seems like a lot of the youtube zone vids are using external... is it worth making the switch and spending some time adapting?

Thanks again.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.
    I haven't mastered it yet, but this is what I do, too. I expect I'll hit Zone Zeus by the end of the week!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Smile

On Zone I would say that if you do the Anulpha Pass shortcut by falling off just before the end it is safe enough for Sub Sonic and even Mach 1. The tricky part is getting onto the bridge without hitting the near invisible sign post.

'AG Assassin' was the worst for me. I lost so many races trying to pick on poor individual pilots just for eliminations >_<

I have my Platinum now so I'm happy!

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Well done amorbis! That's very impressive. I'm going to lay off the wipeout until mid november when university semester finishes (HD will not help my marks, oddly enough) but after that I'm going to be straight back into it, I wanna get me a platinum too... something like AG assassin will happen over time for me so I'm not in a hurry to get it. I'm just worried about zone zeus and beat ziko... having said that i've made it up to 71 on zone so I'm within spitting distance.

RE: the bridge... I think I'll keep giving it a miss. Although I usually have a scrape or two going through the low road on mach 1 it's nothing compared to the mess i make up on the bridge... fall off, hit the top of the tunnel, accidentally barrel roll, slam into the wall... ouch. I guess I'm just not that good

I think I might try and find a white noise mp3 with lots of compression so the course is constantly lit up but without all the equaliser visual effects (awesome though they are)... i find the pulsing visuals distracting but for me at least I NEED to have some music selected so the course is at least illuminated on mach 1, otherwise it's black walls and black track... slam!

Thanks for the advice and congratulations again!
    Last edited by trk_rkd; 7th October 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Respond to anulpha pass bridge advice...

PSN ID
    PompeyFraz

I finally got the air-breaker trophy today!

I was shittin bricks though, zone 49 damage critical. I just went all ninja reflexes and scraped through to the 50th zone then BOOM!

Big thanks to all the folk who participated in the bling brigade trophy about 10 mins ago aswell and to MrOrbital for organizing it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Zone 70 is a psychological barrier I cannot break. :'(
    I did Zone 69 multiple times, and quite well too, but for some reason, when I'm nearing Zone 70, no matter what I do I just die... :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

My 2 cents about zone mode ( zeus + airbraker) the hardest is to accutumate our eyes to the different shemes of color ( i found it hard racing with the dark ground of the track and the fade-light backgrounds.)
    After your eyes are ok with those different colors especially mach1 you can definitly pass that zone 75.
    When you got the trophy try immediately the airbraker one : i did passed it on the 1st attempt finishing at zone 63. I haven't using a lot of sideshift here to obtain that trophy i just alternated by ultra quick tapping on airbrakes and long time ( 1 or 2 sec ) maintening 1 airbrake with this technique you can even turn better at high speed i.e : on the 1st left curve, right after the start.

So no need to try the airbraker before the zeus : just do it immediately after you got zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I had the same happen to me.
    The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.
    I just had this, quit the game and restarted it an now when I go to trophies I get Error Code - 80022d1a

Any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Park34

Great Thread , thanks ^^.
    After FAILING "Zeus Zone" attempt (dying at the Zone 74), I've finally got the gold trophy (76 zones)!! **** yeah!

Now the next trophy I wanna take is the last secret one, which I need to play with 7 online players, all of us with Campaign Color...>_>

Also I need to get the "Double Kill"...WTF I have the Zeus Zone and not that Bronze one LMAO!

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm still missing the following:
    - Gemini
    - AG Assassin
    - Zone Zeus
    - Elite Campaign Legend
    - Arcade Perfect

I'm on the Meltdown run of Elite Campaign Legend now. I'm almost starting to lose hope... I can't even seem to place above 5th in any of these phantom races. Which, of course, would mean I won't be able to do Arcade Perfect, either. I don't even want to think about Zones...

I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I saw that platinum trophy. ):

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

The trick to beating Elite on phantom especially is using your weapons to slow the computer down.

Well, and flying almost perfect lines, but I assume that goes without saying. But using well placed cannon fire, rockets, missiles is the key to obtaining first place.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

A very weak tip: to get the motion sensor one just go to anulpha on novice setting in venom, and then just use the airbrakes. not much of a tip, but i wanted to contribute

ok i got a 31.2 attempting to beat zico, but missed one speed pad (after dropping off the shortcut). would one speed pad make up 0.4??? i have a feeling it won't, which means a lot more laps
    i'm actually not that fussed about getting trophies, but this one seems special.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Are you doing the four BRs? They are a must if you wish to beat the time, unfortunately... But you should hit that last speed pad when dropping down as well, it will take off some time.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I think some of the devs did it with 3 BR's. I personally haven't tried beating yet. I'm not a big fan of trophies (unless there'd be rewards for them, besides a bigger e-penis).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Park34

I can't believe I beat Zico today! Epic!
    I got a time of 30,71 (I have a screen ^^). I like how the trophy looks like LOL.
    Now the only hard trophy I have to do is the Perfect Campaign (Elite), and I'll get it soon. My last trophies are :

- Elite Campaign Legend
    - AG Assassin
    - 100,000 loyality points
    - Platinum xD...
    - Blind Brigade (can anyone help me to get it =P?)

And that's it. These days I won't be able to play more than 1 hour, but I hope I'll get some of those trophies next week ^^.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    I think some of the devs did it with 3 BR's. I personally haven't tried beating yet. I'm not a big fan of trophies (unless there'd be rewards for them, besides a bigger e-penis).
    Haha!

There's something - rewards. Why haven't we got any?

I was thinking that Colin said that the Beat Zico challenge time was done with only 2 barrel rolls, but I'm not at all sure of that. Was it 2 or 3?

I beat the Zico time a few weeks weeks back but it hasn't given me my trophy yet, wtf is that about?

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Did you use Piranah on Venom ?