Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Had a search about and couldn't find any threads on actually helping with any of the trophies.

I've made this as a one stop thread where you can keep all trophy related questions in. Please use the descriptions below when asking for help, this way people can search for help rather than asking questions that have already been answered

I will be updating each trophy with how to achieve them.

Trophy List

Source - http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/wipeout-hd/trophies

• Uplift - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift
    • Warped - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped
    • Frenzy - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy
    • Vertigo - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo
    • Head Rush - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush
    • Speed Freak - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak
    • Dropzone - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Dropzone
    • Meltdown - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown
    • Flatland Flyer - Bronze Trophy - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma
    • Own the Zone - Bronze Trophy - Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event
    • Double Kill - Bronze Trophy - Eliminate at least two opponents in any race
    • Endurance - Bronze Trophy - Finish an online 12 race tournament
    • Connected 1 - Bronze Trophy - Finish 10 online races
    • Campaign Legend - Silver Trophy - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign
    • Airbraker - Silver Trophy - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.
    • Tournament Ace - Silver Trophy - Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
      Tournament Ace trophy Tip.
      This is for newbies,so please don't flame me.

This is a tip so you can get this one out of the way really quickly, and then get on with the much hard parts of the game.....WO Purists look away.

Go into Racebox.
      1]Select Tournament
      2]Select AI at Skilled.
      3]Select weapons off.
      4]Select Vineta K...for all 8 of of the tournament races.
      5]Select Venom speed.,why do 8 more laps than you need to by choosing Flash.

Then all you have to do is keep getting perfect laps and coming first for all 8 races.
      It's so simple on Vineta K....even a Nascar driver could do it.
    • Connected 2 - Silver Trophy - Win 10 online races.
    • Lapped Out - Silver Trophy - Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session
    • AG Assassin - Silver Trophy - Eliminate 50 online opponents
    • WipEout Disciple - Silver Trophy - Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team.
    • Zone Zues - Gold Trophy - In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track
    • Arcade Perfect - Gold Trophy - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty.
    • Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.
    • Elite Campaign Legend - Gold Trophy - Obtain a gold medal in every cell in Race Campaign on Elite Difficulty.

Video on how to beat it >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&fmt=18

• Livery Liberation - Gold Trophy - Unlock every ship skin in the game.
    • Transcendence - Platinum Trophy - Earn all the trophies in the game

Secret Trophies

• Smile Please - Bronze Trophy - Use Photo Mode to take a photo
    • Rookie Reward - Bronze Trophy - Win any race with Pilot Assist on.
    • 1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... - Bronze Trophy - Obtain your first gold medal
    • Happy Accident? - Bronze Trophy - Execute your first successful barrel roll
    • Keep Rollin' - Bronze Trophy - Execute 100 successful barrel rolls
    • Gemini - Bronze Trophy - Complete 20 two-player, split-screen races.
    • Sponge - Bronze Trophy - Absorb 500 items.
    • Bling Brigade - Bronze Trophy - Finish an eight player online race with all players using ships that are displaying Campaign Skins.
    • Mercenary - Bronze Trophy - Get at least 500 loyalty points for each team.
    • Motion Master - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign or Racebox race with the motion sensor option set to 'pitch and steering'. Directional buttons, Left Stick & Pilot Assist cannot be used to obtain this trophy.
    • Thanks for the Memory - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign, Racebox or Online race using each HUD style variation.
    • Deadly Momentum - Bronze Trophy - Get eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty

Note by Lance: For clarity, please give your posts a subject title that is the name of the trophy you're giving tips for/discussing.
    Last edited by Keenan; 5th October 2008 at 10:35 AM.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

Well I'll get it up and running

# Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

Any tips on how this is done as myself and a few friends have been trying it and can only get 32.08.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Beat Zico

I want to know who done 30.82?!!

stevie
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

Zico is one of the staff at SL.

Trying to find the answer on the internet but no joy so far.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Beat Zico

My best is 31.29 so far (tried it for 99 laps ) - how?
    - don't miss a speed Pad (obviously)
    - use the boost when jumping up to the narrow straight, and do a BR (tricky landing)
    - jump off the narrow strip after the last speed pad. jump to the left, do a BR and catch the speed pad on the lower strip.

I am 99% sure that's how 'Zico' did it - my 31.29 was done that way, but it wasn't absolutely perfect, some turns could have been cut tighter, so shaving about 3/4 of a second off that line is definitely possible.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

I'm down to 32.18 now with that speed boost up to ramp tip, missed 2 of the pads aswell. Cheers.

EDIT: My friend Mark thinks he's worked it out. Will get back when he does beat it.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Read the guidelines. And: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    CarlosX360

How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Zone Zeus

@TRk_rkd and El

It's all about the practice. 3 days ago I couldn't keep control at subsonic. Now I consistently get through subsonic with multiple perfect laps up through zen.

I think the hardest part is that it takes so long to get to subsonic/mach1, etc so we rarely get a chance to practice it and get better.

I definitely use analog for zone as a slight movement has huge results at high speeds. I also take the skill cut as often as possible, way easier to get perfect on there.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.
    I haven't mastered it yet, but this is what I do, too. I expect I'll hit Zone Zeus by the end of the week!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Smile

On Zone I would say that if you do the Anulpha Pass shortcut by falling off just before the end it is safe enough for Sub Sonic and even Mach 1. The tricky part is getting onto the bridge without hitting the near invisible sign post.

'AG Assassin' was the worst for me. I lost so many races trying to pick on poor individual pilots just for eliminations >_<

I have my Platinum now so I'm happy!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile!
    I had the same happen to me.
    The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.

thanks for posting your experiences all, I finally got the Beat Zico trophy (was stuck at 30.88 for a bit) with a final time of 30.63 (4 barrel roll method).

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default Zone Zeus

Thanks heaps for posting your experiences guys. What camera view were you using? I use internal but it seems like a lot of the youtube zone vids are using external... is it worth making the switch and spending some time adapting?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I had the same happen to me.
    The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.
    I just had this, quit the game and restarted it an now when I go to trophies I get Error Code - 80022d1a

Any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Park34

Great Thread , thanks ^^.
    After FAILING "Zeus Zone" attempt (dying at the Zone 74), I've finally got the gold trophy (76 zones)!! **** yeah!

Now the next trophy I wanna take is the last secret one, which I need to play with 7 online players, all of us with Campaign Color...>_>

Also I need to get the "Double Kill"...WTF I have the Zeus Zone and not that Bronze one LMAO!

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm still missing the following:
    - Gemini
    - AG Assassin
    - Zone Zeus
    - Elite Campaign Legend
    - Arcade Perfect

I'm on the Meltdown run of Elite Campaign Legend now. I'm almost starting to lose hope... I can't even seem to place above 5th in any of these phantom races. Which, of course, would mean I won't be able to do Arcade Perfect, either. I don't even want to think about Zones...

I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I saw that platinum trophy. ):

Default Assassin Trophy help

Hey there everybody!

I'm trying to get this assassin trophy. If there's anybody out who needs that too or just want to help out,... pleeeaaaase contact me via PM or directly in PSN, nick: Finn_87

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Well, after watching several videos of Beat Zico, I am certain that it is not that hard. After 3 tries I am down to 31:00, so getting from there to 30:82 is easy if I just don't grind walls and such. It is tricky only because of the BR you have to do when you get on the overpass. 31:00 after oh 150 laps (half of which is making a lap just to get the speed boost, so technically, its 75 laps. Good music and some food is yer best friend here).

So what I'm saying, after a friend of mine quit trying to beat Zico is: Don't fret! I know it looks impossible, but people are still doing it, and none of them is superhuman. Hell, if I let such a small thing stop me from playing, I would've stopped playing racers when Gran Turismo came out!

Have faith racers!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

And to back it up: I beat Zico with 30.63! Do not fret!