Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Had a search about and couldn't find any threads on actually helping with any of the trophies.

I've made this as a one stop thread where you can keep all trophy related questions in. Please use the descriptions below when asking for help, this way people can search for help rather than asking questions that have already been answered

I will be updating each trophy with how to achieve them.

Trophy List

Source - http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/wipeout-hd/trophies

• Uplift - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift
    • Warped - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped
    • Frenzy - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy
    • Vertigo - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo
    • Head Rush - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush
    • Speed Freak - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak
    • Dropzone - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Dropzone
    • Meltdown - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown
    • Flatland Flyer - Bronze Trophy - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma
    • Own the Zone - Bronze Trophy - Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event
    • Double Kill - Bronze Trophy - Eliminate at least two opponents in any race
    • Endurance - Bronze Trophy - Finish an online 12 race tournament
    • Connected 1 - Bronze Trophy - Finish 10 online races
    • Campaign Legend - Silver Trophy - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign
    • Airbraker - Silver Trophy - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.
    • Tournament Ace - Silver Trophy - Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
      Tournament Ace trophy Tip.
      This is for newbies,so please don't flame me.

This is a tip so you can get this one out of the way really quickly, and then get on with the much hard parts of the game.....WO Purists look away.

Go into Racebox.
      1]Select Tournament
      2]Select AI at Skilled.
      3]Select weapons off.
      4]Select Vineta K...for all 8 of of the tournament races.
      5]Select Venom speed.,why do 8 more laps than you need to by choosing Flash.

Then all you have to do is keep getting perfect laps and coming first for all 8 races.
      It's so simple on Vineta K....even a Nascar driver could do it.
    • Connected 2 - Silver Trophy - Win 10 online races.
    • Lapped Out - Silver Trophy - Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session
    • AG Assassin - Silver Trophy - Eliminate 50 online opponents
    • WipEout Disciple - Silver Trophy - Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team.
    • Zone Zues - Gold Trophy - In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track
    • Arcade Perfect - Gold Trophy - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty.
    • Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.
    • Elite Campaign Legend - Gold Trophy - Obtain a gold medal in every cell in Race Campaign on Elite Difficulty.

Video on how to beat it >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&fmt=18

• Livery Liberation - Gold Trophy - Unlock every ship skin in the game.
    • Transcendence - Platinum Trophy - Earn all the trophies in the game

Secret Trophies

• Smile Please - Bronze Trophy - Use Photo Mode to take a photo
    • Rookie Reward - Bronze Trophy - Win any race with Pilot Assist on.
    • 1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... - Bronze Trophy - Obtain your first gold medal
    • Happy Accident? - Bronze Trophy - Execute your first successful barrel roll
    • Keep Rollin' - Bronze Trophy - Execute 100 successful barrel rolls
    • Gemini - Bronze Trophy - Complete 20 two-player, split-screen races.
    • Sponge - Bronze Trophy - Absorb 500 items.
    • Bling Brigade - Bronze Trophy - Finish an eight player online race with all players using ships that are displaying Campaign Skins.
    • Mercenary - Bronze Trophy - Get at least 500 loyalty points for each team.
    • Motion Master - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign or Racebox race with the motion sensor option set to 'pitch and steering'. Directional buttons, Left Stick & Pilot Assist cannot be used to obtain this trophy.
    • Thanks for the Memory - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign, Racebox or Online race using each HUD style variation.
    • Deadly Momentum - Bronze Trophy - Get eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty

Note by Lance: For clarity, please give your posts a subject title that is the name of the trophy you're giving tips for/discussing.
    Last edited by Keenan; 5th October 2008 at 10:35 AM.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

Well I'll get it up and running

# Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

Any tips on how this is done as myself and a few friends have been trying it and can only get 32.08.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Beat Zico

I want to know who done 30.82?!!

stevie
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

Zico is one of the staff at SL.

Trying to find the answer on the internet but no joy so far.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Beat Zico

My best is 31.29 so far (tried it for 99 laps ) - how?
    - don't miss a speed Pad (obviously)
    - use the boost when jumping up to the narrow straight, and do a BR (tricky landing)
    - jump off the narrow strip after the last speed pad. jump to the left, do a BR and catch the speed pad on the lower strip.

I am 99% sure that's how 'Zico' did it - my 31.29 was done that way, but it wasn't absolutely perfect, some turns could have been cut tighter, so shaving about 3/4 of a second off that line is definitely possible.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

I'm down to 32.18 now with that speed boost up to ramp tip, missed 2 of the pads aswell. Cheers.

EDIT: My friend Mark thinks he's worked it out. Will get back when he does beat it.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Read the guidelines. And: Subject title added.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Beat Zico

I think I did around the same time as eLhabib, but it's still isn't close. I didn't use the same strategy though. What I did: keep one turbo and fire it off before the finish line, hit all the speed pads, when coming up the hill before the narrow section, turbo again and do the BR there (Watch out, fall off and you respawn), then hit all the pads, go up the narrow section and when coming back down do another BR.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Default Beat Zico

That appears to be what my friends doing. He hasn't tried it again since he said he worked it out,but said he will be able to do it later on. Hope hes right
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Beat Zico

You can BR after the first turn on the dip by nosing down and then nosing up if you time it right. Do that on an angle and hit the 3 speed pads, wow! I've only been able to do it once so far though.

I think I would have had it that time if I didn't miss the BR dropping off the narrow.

You can earn double kill in a race against the AI, did that one by accident with one Quake last night.
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Zone trophies

Here's some tips on approaching the Zone trophies.

-)do your attempts on Anulpha Pass (forward) - clearly the easiest track at insane speeds
    -)turn off the music! seroiusly, it makes racing at zones 40+ a lot easier! (i know that's not the way it was intended, but hey, TROPHIES! )
    -)maybe the most valuable tip: concentrate solely on the lines on the track. on the higher speeds (supersonic, mach, etc.) the track is mostly dark and the walls are hard to make out. however, every track has glowing lines on the floor. just fix your eyes on those and you should be cruising!

I've made it up to 60 so far, but 75 now definitely feels do-able, although I'm not quite there yet. Also just got the Own the Zone - Bronze Trophy.

EDIT: @above post: really?! I tried a couple of times to do a BR there, but no luck so far. Didn't think of nosing down first, though! Okay now, with that additional boost, Zico's time seems quite beatable. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Subject title added.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

I can't seem to do it at all. Theres just not enough time to get the button presses in

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I said it was pretty tough, I've only pulled it off once, but I am confident that it is a key to getting this trophy. Also, if you use the boost on the turn leading to the hop onto the narrow straight, you save a ton of time because of all the speed you lose making the turn.

@Elhabib--Good call on the music, I never thought about that, but I bet it would help my concentration, it gets way distraction on the high speeds. Subsonic made my eyes go all googly.

The Beat Zico trophy is one of the hardest if not the hardest, you need the right tactic and then execute it as perfectly as you can

And no

I'm not going to say who how where

But the Zico time is beatable by half a second.... (least thats what we've seen so far)

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

I'll will hunt you down if you don't tell me

At least a clue would be great

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

No way, what fun is it if you don't work it out? We know it's doable, so let's just go do it. The journey is the fun part, reaching the destination is just icing.

Ok, that's enough waxing philosohpic from me.

Anyone have tips for beating the Elite AI? I was doing fine, but seem to be stuck now on the harder tracks. Should I maybe drop down to skilled and practice some more, or are there any good tricks that seem to work well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

For zone mode, I find it easier to race a perfect line when I'm concentrating on the the farther track sections. This really makes a difference for me.
    Propably because you're focussed on what's next and you now can prepare for it.

Maybe that's what everyone's doing anyway, but I found myself not doing it everytime (so that I had to remind myself several times in a race to do it).

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    No way, what fun is it if you don't work it out? We know it's doable, so let's just go do it. The journey is the fun part, reaching the destination is just icing.

Ok, that's enough waxing philosohpic from me.
    You'll be begging by tomorrow

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I take it that 'no' from Colin is the answer to me being 99% sure that Zico used the line I described. Hm, interesting... must find new turbo point...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Without testing here are three more ideas I just had:
    1. Do not use the turbo for an entire lap, then, just before you cross the finish line, use the turbo so you can take the speed for the next lap.
    2. There are three speed pads in an ^-position once (on the huge turn, before the track splits), you can take two of them with a nice shift.
    3. Try making a BR when you make the jump to the narrow track section by flying as much to the right side as possible to gain enough height.
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 27th September 2008 at 05:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Can you do the BR without a turbo? This needs some experimentation me'thinks.

Maybe this should be renamed the Beat Zico thread as that is all we're talking about.