Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Well it's a Trophy help thread. No ones stopping you from asking another question, it's just that the discussion is around that just now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yes, Max, of course you start the lap with a turbo just before the finish line - I took that as a given, sorry if some of you didn't know that one yet.
    I've managed a 31.15 now, same strategy as described before. Max, you say you can pull off a BR on the split without boost?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

As I don't have the game and only played it once at a friend's house I only tried it with WOPure and, yes, I was able to do a BR when I jumped on the narrow track section when the track splits.
    Of course that also needs an exact landing, because you will easily fall off the track.
    Other things (that should be taken for granted anyway): Do use as less airbraking as possible, fly near to the track panels in curves, always try to not steer if not really needed.
    You can also sideshift over the three speed pads at the first straight so you do not have to actually turn the craft or even use airbrakes.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Looks like I have the added challenge of learning how to play in external view, I keep missing the narrow strip trying to BR on using internal, cause the whole screen flips.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

32.16 is my best so far. Phew...its a tricky one!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

I can't do the flatland flier I know where I can do the BR, I just haven't figured out how to do that consistently like I did in Pulse days of yore.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm on 31.90 for Beat Zico, and I'm tearing my hair out trying to think of a way to shave a whole second off my time...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`m on 31.55 atm!! but I think I`m mis-calculated on where is the spot!!!

stevie:l

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Managed to lower it to 31.78, but really struggling now. At least I got the Lapped Out trophy and the first Piranha skin while doing it Here's what I did:

1 - Boost over the line from previous lap
    2 - Hit three speed pads on the curve
    3 - Hit three speed pads in a line on the straight
    4 - Boost over the peak and barrel roll, ideally landing on the speed pad in the narrow section.
    5 - Follow the track round, hitting the lone speed pad on the apex of the right curve.
    6 - Swing the craft into the sharp left, hitting two of the three speed pads
    7 - Barrel roll onto the upper ramp (it is possible as Max said, but requires a precise approach)
    8 - Hit all speed pads on the ramp
    9 - Drop off of the ramp to the left when you see the last two speed pads. Barrel roll and land on them.

That got me a 31.78. How did your route differ Stevie?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Are you sure it's worth the drop for the last two speed pads? I can imagine that there's no huge difference in just following the track and then making a BR on the finish line compared to do the drop, BR and hit the speed pads.

Because these speed pads would only compensate the "detour" you take when you leave the narrow track.

That, by the way, can really make faster times in general: You do not have to hit every speed pad possible on every track to get the best times.
    At least that was the case for WOPure (though I do believe that speed pads in WOPulse and WOHD offer a greater boost). Sometimes the speed pads are at places that do not give you any advantage if you pass them.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Deadly Momentum - You have to be eliminated by the AI. Taking Icaras on a Venom novice race and barrell rolling towards the wall under the second jump at Vineta K and again when it flies up in the air until you have 0 energy and then crashing in a wall doesn't work. (Of course I knew doing that wasn't going to work )

For 'Bling Brigade' we must make arrangements on when to host the race.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 28th September 2008 at 01:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

if you sideshift off the high road instead of turning to jump off, you don't lose any time AND you hit 1 more speed pad than going straight down at the end.

haven't managed to execute a BR at the jump up without boost. Neither on the little wobble hill after the first turn.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

RE: Trophy List.....there are 37 trophies listed on the head post.

1 more has been added since then,now there is 38.....have a look at trophies available when you play again......I'll let you guys pick it out.....It's a very hard one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

hmm ive been doing all my zones on moa therma....never even thought of anulpha...guess im too used to pulse zone haha!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`m exactly on that route where your lines are!! but a barrel roll on a ramp!

Number 4, is depending where the spot is and try to keep a ship`s nose down much as possible (to keep it low as possible while flying after a turbo boost) which creates a great boost after landed on a speed pad.

I hope you understand this

stevie

EDIT, Sorry, I didn`t realise there was more post to come! That is for Hellfire (Charlie)
    Last edited by stin; 28th September 2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Stoopid me!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Since we now have respawning in WOHD, maybe they should add this trophy;

Jesus - Get Eliminated 3 Times In 1 Race

lol =D

Quote Originally Posted by taqili View Post
    I can't do the flatland flier I know where I can do the BR, I just haven't figured out how to do that consistently like I did in Pulse days of yore.
    do a speed lap session and as you make the last left turn towards the finish line, use your speed boost and you should get anough air to barrell roll

Timezone
    GMT -5

the "beat zico" trophy is ridiculously difficult. the least i could get was 32-something. but i haven't pulled off any of these tricks you guys are talking about (barrelling onto the upper platform, boosting+barrelling before getting to the platform).

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

YES!!! 30.71!!

I'm gonna hold off posting the method until I get the okay as I don't want to spoil it for everyone, but I should thank a member of GameFAQs for providing the last piece of the puzzle

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

PM Please Obviously once you've had time to sort out the explanation
    Last edited by Keenan; 28th September 2008 at 05:51 PM.