Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W'O"MG! It's not really 1920*1080 HD

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

Quote Originally Posted by HydrogLox View Post
    Disallow 1080i and 1080p in the display settings on your PS3 and see if the "problems" go away.
    Whatever resolution you actually output to, the game still actually renders internally at 1920x1080 and then down-samples it to the target resolution.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

therefore the game runs best on a true 1920 x 1080 panel, correct?

any actual image downsampling the console has to do would surely have an adverse effect on gameplay due to the added work that needs to be done - correct?

im so glad i have my little 24' HDMI computer monitor, 1080p looks phenomenal on it.

captaingrim - would you have an idea about the data output of the PS3 in regards to image and sound down the HDMI cable? what sort of cable bandwidth (in gbp/s) would be sufficient if you have any idea?

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

I believe the down-sampling to lower resolutions is "hidden" inside other full screen post-processing things, so it shouldn't make a difference. Crob is the best person to answer these kinds of questions though... And I don't really know about HDMI bandwidth issues. I've got a cheapy 2m one of ebuyer and it works a treat

A dev posts on here? nice!! the game looks and plays amazing, Thank you for making such a great game, Does the cell play a big part on making this game run and look so great??

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

Quote Originally Posted by biglll View Post
    Does the cell play a big part on making this game run and look so great??
    Of course

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HAHA what a perfectly executed PR answer

Not to mention actually true. Which is certainly a change for PR.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Yes the Cell processor is absolutely necessary - without the Cell processor, you'd just get a black screen - nothing would happen when you turn it on.
    It is possible to prove this with your own PS3, although your warranty may be affected.

</sarcasm>

Yes the Cell, especially the SPUs do a lot of the heavy lifting in WOHD, especially in terms of lighting.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    It is possible to prove this with your own PS3, although your warranty may be affected.
    I lol'ed

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I never would have noticed this before, and I still don't notice it now

Does anyone at SL not have a sense of humor? lol

Quote Originally Posted by biglll View Post
    Does the cell play a big part on making this game run and look so great??
    What an odd question. If I was a cynic, I'd think this was someone gathering ammunition to use in a console war on some other ( less reputable ) forum.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

What war? We all know the PS3 is the best one and killed the other two, so nobody's left to fight that war...

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Does anyone at SL not have a sense of humor? lol
    I left SL 5 months ago and have built my way up slowly to knock-knock jokes and basic slapstick. I hope over the next few months to regain understanding of sarcasm and mild parody.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

Man I must have very poor eyes as I don't see any change in the resolution while i'm playing, I don't klnow how this article's writer can tell "this shot is 1500x1080, this one is ????x1080" (it's all the same for me) and I don't feel any framerate slowdown when I play split screen !
    Is it serious doctor?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by Yome NetSan View Post
    Man I must have very poor eyes as I don't see any change in the resolution while i'm playing
    I dont think anyone is able to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Yome NetSan View Post
    I don't feel any framerate slowdown when I play split screen !
    Is it serious doctor?
    o_O Yes you need a doctor.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    o_O Yes you need a doctor.
    Really ?
    What is the difference really ? 60fps to 30fps ? I've always thought that mankind eye can only see 25fps, so what's the point ?
    Does the game feels slower to you ? Do you see "missing" frame ?

No kinding I don't see any difference ! Even when Mario Kart Wii people can't stop complaining about the framerate drop in muplty player modes but I've never see anything...

There is a massive difference between a game running at 30fps and one running at 60fps. The myth that we can only see 25fps was likely thrown around when pal was being pushed as the standard tv format over here.

WO HD would not be half as pleasing on the eye (or perhaps exactly half as pleasing) running at 30fps and, if you had to drop down after getting used to 60fps, you'd notice. Especially at the high speeds, which make a drop much more apparent than in something like Mario Kart.

In an age where getting a stunning screenshot often takes priority over a smooth framerate, this is one area where I can't fault SL at all. Frame rate is everything here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

We are told its 30fps in splitscreen yes. (compared to 60fps fullscreen)
    But I thought it was so bad in splitscreen that I question the part about 30fps hehe, but it could be correct.

The game feels a lot slower in splitscreen and its not as smooth on the eyes either, so I guess I would say both slower and "missing frames".

I just played some Pulse on the PSP and turned it off immediately. I will never again be able to play that game. I knew it was bad and this was gonna happen before I even tried WOHD, but now I have experienced it too. =P

PSN ID
    JamboGT

The reason the frame rate seems so bad in split-screen is that you are now accustomed to the 60fps in single player mode. If you had never played the single player mode the split screen looks great!

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Indeed. For anyone doubting the difference, play Wipeout HD for a couple of hours, then play some old Wip3out for the PS1. Last time I did that I thought my game was damaged or something.