Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranking the craft

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Does anyone else feel the same way I do about Mirage? It Just seems to oversteer at everything....

Or maybe it's just my driving....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I like Mirage, it's a pretty agile ship, actually. I am only bothered by how wide it is...

Timezone
    GMT + 10

It looks like the wipEout equivelent of the VW beetle!

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Traditionally I have always used Qirex but, well don't think they are as good now. Been using a mixture of Qirex, Assegai, Icarus and AG Sys. basically I can't decide!

I've always been an AG 5Y5 player myself, was chatting with El earlier and the accelleration over speed pads can also be quite an advantage, especially on high speed tracks.

The thing i'm finding tough ( apart from getting mines when I need forward firing weapons ) though is the initial "rumble" after the first few weapon pads, if I can break away or stay near the front I can usually do well, but weapons fire and getting rammed seem to be a lot harder to recover from.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Yeah I have noticed with the ships with lower shield that it is very easy to spend your time and items recharging your shield if you get mired in the pack from the start. Online I have noticed that if you get away you can stay away though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

As bakkufu already said, AG-SYSTEM gets an INSANE boost on speed pads. I was observing that on Anulpha, on the narrow straight - with every speed pad he was getting a little further away from my Assegai! No chance to catch him!
    In terms of acceleration, AG-SYS is definitely the uber-ship so far (seeing as top speed doesn't really matter all that much... ), only downside is that it is quite flimsy. If you hit it hard, it stumbles A LOT. However, I was surprised to find that AG-SYS has shield stats 8/10!!! Isn't it supposed to be one of the lightest, if not THE lightest (save for Icaras) ship???

it stumbles more than a lot lol, spent 7/8 races out of an online tournament mid table, trying to dodge between the sides of the track and weapons fire, it was only on Anulpha that I could confidently open the taps and move up the pack, but was a great feeling doing so, a feeling ive always had from flying 5Y5!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Icaras is just fine online if you make it to the front ain't no one going to catch you. I think I was still catching mostly scrubs, but I won about 15+ races in a row with it last night on Rapier and phantom class.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I hear some of you talk a lot about the thrust of AG-Systems, that it is the fastest! But what about the thrust from the Goteki45? Shouldn't the thrust from the G45 be better than AGs'?

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Do some of you guys use one ship for say speed lap, another for tourniment ect??? Or even based on the track your gonna be racing??? I've found my self swopping between Assegai for the twisty tracks and AG for the more flowing...Not come across any one yet off here was hoping to get some races in with some of u guys...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Of course! I mainly use Icaras and AG-SYS for TT and Speed Lap (Icaras for straight tracks, AG for twisty ones), Assegai or Auricom online (depending on how heavy I think the resistance will be ), and any team I still need loyalty points for in Zone

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've only spent time with the first four or five ships (Feisar, Qirex, Piranha, AG-Systems, and Triakis) and AG is definitely my favorite one. It's more or less the only ship I use in online mode now.

PSN ID
    Axellink

I have been using Assegai solidly apart from the one time I accidentally chose Feisar for a online game. Still won . Feisar seems to have a very nice balance to the craft I see.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

As Axel said a few post before, I'm an AG-Sys pilot, I love this team since the 1rst Wipe. I always use an AG-Sys for online and offline racing in Phantom for its fantastic thrust, however, just like eLhabib said, I like the Icaras for TT. I may also give the Assegai a try even if I really don't like its design.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Actually I was playing G45 last night and I was quite impressed. Same stats as AG-SYS for speed and shield, but it has max thrust and one step down on the handling, which actually just makes it feel more civilized and less twitchy... I am an AG-SYS fan, but G45 may be growing on me.

PSN ID
    HK-50 / XBL: WipeoutJunkie

Ive been using AGS through most of the Wipeout series and I started off the same in this but after unlocking the Icarus craft, I havent left it alone! I love the looks (big fan of the single hull craft) and have had plenty of online wins with it. Long as I get the boost start and get away smoothly its just a case of keeping it clean. That said, the craft that excell in acceleration seem to be the pace setters across the game modes.