Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Voice Chat does NOT work...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Yes and send a headset with the console so everyone 1. have one 2. have the same so all sound good/alike.
    And make a better connected community all over. Paying for it seems stupid at first but when you see how good it works on 360 and how bad it works in ps3, then you realize its totally worth the money. -_-

Out of interest, does "chat" work in race, or is it just a lobby feature.

In the lobby, I can see an icon when I press L1 (or is it L2).. But i don't know whether the same thing happens when racing. There certainly isn't an 'icon' (Atleast not one that I have noticed).

Since I have only seen one other person online who has a mic (and he didnt' say a word), there is no way I can work this out on my own.

Jon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Of course you can talk during a race. I wouldn't do it too often though, tends to freeze games!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

while my results when playing with elhabib were terrible, I've since had the opposite experience
    I played a bunch of rapier single races, and a couple of tourneys, culminating in a 12 race tour so 5 of us could get the trophy
    We were chatting with surprising clarity in the lobby between events and on every track throughout the races and tours.
    Noone had any freezes, and it made the whole experience a LOT more fun and social
    I was playing against 4 american guys (emperor333 and some of his friends) and I am in new zealand, so halfway round the world

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I also had some races with acceptable chat quality since, without freezing. I wouldn't call the sound quality 'clear', though...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

no, burnout paradise is still MUCH clearer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Could it be dependant from your upload bandwidth ? the more you got the clearer it is ?

I remember Travis speaking to me or lol teasing me last weekend but we were listening loud music at home and been 8 in a small room that is not the perfect standart to listen carefully what friends are saying.

We also had a couple of freeze while trying to activate the voice chat

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well I had a nice chat with someone else yesterday so I guess it was just some type of bug. It worked fine for both of us, but some people that were trying to chat I couldn't hear as well. It's weird

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know what it is - certainly not my bandwith. I've tried talking to a friend in HD and it was very choppy - someone I know from Xbox Live also, and there the speech quality is perfect. Anyway, I hope it gets sorted soon!

PSN ID
    T_Scarface_M

When I used it yesterday, I turned chat on with the button game froze as i was crossoing finish line. Next thing I know the game is back on and I finish last. LMAO, couldnt believe it.