Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice Chat does NOT work...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Yes and send a headset with the console so everyone 1. have one 2. have the same so all sound good/alike.
    And make a better connected community all over. Paying for it seems stupid at first but when you see how good it works on 360 and how bad it works in ps3, then you realize its totally worth the money. -_-

Out of interest, does "chat" work in race, or is it just a lobby feature.

In the lobby, I can see an icon when I press L1 (or is it L2).. But i don't know whether the same thing happens when racing. There certainly isn't an 'icon' (Atleast not one that I have noticed).

Since I have only seen one other person online who has a mic (and he didnt' say a word), there is no way I can work this out on my own.

Jon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Of course you can talk during a race. I wouldn't do it too often though, tends to freeze games!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

while my results when playing with elhabib were terrible, I've since had the opposite experience
    I played a bunch of rapier single races, and a couple of tourneys, culminating in a 12 race tour so 5 of us could get the trophy
    We were chatting with surprising clarity in the lobby between events and on every track throughout the races and tours.
    Noone had any freezes, and it made the whole experience a LOT more fun and social
    I was playing against 4 american guys (emperor333 and some of his friends) and I am in new zealand, so halfway round the world

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I also had some races with acceptable chat quality since, without freezing. I wouldn't call the sound quality 'clear', though...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

no, burnout paradise is still MUCH clearer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Could it be dependant from your upload bandwidth ? the more you got the clearer it is ?

I remember Travis speaking to me or lol teasing me last weekend but we were listening loud music at home and been 8 in a small room that is not the perfect standart to listen carefully what friends are saying.

We also had a couple of freeze while trying to activate the voice chat

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well I had a nice chat with someone else yesterday so I guess it was just some type of bug. It worked fine for both of us, but some people that were trying to chat I couldn't hear as well. It's weird

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know what it is - certainly not my bandwith. I've tried talking to a friend in HD and it was very choppy - someone I know from Xbox Live also, and there the speech quality is perfect. Anyway, I hope it gets sorted soon!

PSN ID
    T_Scarface_M

When I used it yesterday, I turned chat on with the button game froze as i was crossoing finish line. Next thing I know the game is back on and I finish last. LMAO, couldnt believe it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Do the playstation eye have good performances with wipeout HD's voice chat ? when i use it (and friends have the same problem) the sound works very badly. Sometime's it don't even works. So, it's an obligation to buy a more sophisticated headset, or not ?

PSN ID
    asymel

I bought a small nokia ear phone and nobody seem to hear me clearly.
    It looks like voice volume it too low.
    Isn't there any option to increase voice volume level on HD or PS3 dashboard for bluetooth peripherals ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Let's see how this works with the new official ps3 headset that comes out on the 15th...

Pressing the mic button during a race freezes me for over 10 seconds roughly 50% of the time I try it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
    You'd think Sony would make a standard code or something along those lines to allow all voice chat in all PS3 games to work the same
    You wouldn't, unfortunately. In Sony's network, it's been more like "every developer for himself" instead of building easy-to-use development tools. I wouldn't care if it didn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    And make a better connected community all over. Paying for it seems stupid at first but when you see how good it works on 360 and how bad it works in ps3, then you realize its totally worth the money.
    Abso-effin-lutely! Lets see in which way Home makes the experience any better. So far, Microsoft understands online SO much better than Sony.

Which brings me to another point. I wonder why SL didn't include an option to invite friends into an open game? I wonder if it's due to similar obstacles like the ones that prevent coherent voice chat throughout all PS3 games.

Ben

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Asymeel View Post
    I bought a small nokia ear phone and nobody seem to hear me clearly.
    It looks like voice volume it too low.
    Isn't there any option to increase voice volume level on HD or PS3 dashboard for bluetooth peripherals ?
    Go to accesory settings.

Connect to headset.
    Change "Mic. Level" to over 3.
    Last edited by mdhay; 11th October 2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Proof - read.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

There were a few wipers with voice chat yesterday and I couldn't hear more then half of it. If this is fixed I will be buying a headset too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Check this out-- apparently the new PS3 firmware will allow a "high-quality" mode for headsets, which "delivers clear and wide-band online voice chat."

Maybe this will fix the voicechat issues? All I know is that I have been unable to interpret ANYTHING anybody has spoken to me while playing Wipeout HD (granted I don't have my own headset and I am hearing the words spoken via my TV speakers, which is clearly not an optimal situation.)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...v250-psp-v500/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338699

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I'm exactly like Frances. I've never understood anything. And like Frances I'm not using a headset, just listening within the game. Well I guess I've been able to glean a couple of words out of a sentence here and there.

I just got the SOCOM bundle (really just to get the headset since my kid uses it in Burnout) and the instructions state pairing through USB need the 2.5 firmware so hopefully it'll come sooner than later. I'd like to use it in Wipeout but at this point there doesn't really seem to be a need since as far as I can tell it's not useable to any great degree.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Well I'm using headset and it's not better. I hope that the new firmware could fix this, I'm tired of the message input window

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Home for lunch and am downloading the new PS3 firmware now. Supposedly this will enable higher quality voice chat, here's hoping!