Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I didn't even know he/she flew motion, internal view on its own is alreayd impressive as hell, add motion + epic zoning-> hats off
    Tried internal with xtriko earlier this week, my worst phantom races ever! XD

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Quote Originally Posted by Mietepiet View Post
    I think we should change the "Archieved the impossible" trophy!
    @cipher: I was reffering to the motion sensor videos. Thinking it's pretty much impossible using motion sensor!
    And with Matsui's videos: OMG what's the superlative of impossible?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Nothing to say other than Zen. Another ProblemSolver, pushing the limits beyond our amazement and into the realms of impossibility.

Certainly some of the most impressive work I have seen in all my years in WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Whooo! Got the Zone Zeus trophy yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I actually kept count of how many tries it took me. It took 8 tries in total, each time I got really, really close like one time I reached Zone 74, made a wrong move, crashed and was about to smash my TV up like it was cardboard lol. But funnily enough I found that partially concentrating helped a LOT. Yeah, so I was listening to that movie Home Alone and managed to get the trophy with still having about 30% shield. I'm weird like that.

Anyway, besides my rambling, I wanted to ask about the "Hold Your Fire" trophy-by far the most irritating piece of crap ever-and how you can obtain it. So to put it simply, can you use the EMP to get of some of the mines or can't you use anything at all?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Yes, you can use the EMP in case of emergency, but it's best not to use it more often because this trophy requires memorization of mine placements as you could still need to survive till end of Stage 14 without destroying your ship. Once a mine is blasted by an EMP, the chances of spawning a mine/bomb in a blind spot might increase, giving you a struggle.

The most recommended track for this trophy is Corridon 12. The track splits into half, meaning half number of mines (or 5/8) spawn on one side of the track, giving you more room for evasion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    ...one time I reached Zone 74, made a wrong move, crashed and was about to smash my TV up like it was cardboard lol...
    1991 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoTg5O9v5E
    you're not alone

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

pfft, hehehehe, just saw this crackers!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Hey guys I have yet another small question: For some reason custom playlists haven't been working for me during races. The default one works just fine. But I have the soundtracks from all the other WO games but for some reason the music just doesn't play/get recognised. Anyone know what's up?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Cold Storages stuff are .wavs arn't they? If so that might be your issue because I'm pretty sure WOHD only picks up MP3s

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    Cold Storages stuff are .wavs arn't they? If so that might be your issue because I'm pretty sure WOHD only picks up MP3s
    WOHD also takes AAC files as well.

Which reminds me, anyone knows where I can find the main menu music for Wipeout HD?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMUKdkixCZI

or you could just record it with your elgato

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 12

quick random question...
    Does anybody else's game freezes for a few seconds when ever you exit from the PS menu during online play?
    I thought this only happened because I used to have a crappy PAL TV but its still doing on a 50 inch plasma TV. It's weird because I noticed that it never happened on my friends 30 inch LCD TV.
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 4th July 2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: that grammar though...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Not always, but sometimes yes, crashed because of dashboarding just yesterday
    But it doesn't always freeze for a moment, usually works fine

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

What is this Boost-Select-Boost people keep talking about and how do you perform it?

Timezone
    GMT -6

A powerful exploit that will corrupt you and drive you to madness. Don't use it, or the repercussions may result in doomsday for us all.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

Each time you cancel a lap you get another turbo. Turbo-Cancel-Turbo and you can return to the start quicker if you bugger up your lap somehow.

Timezone
    GMT -6

There is one thing I did frequently in the past. When I got close to the line, I would fire a turbo while holding down the Invalid Lap button, and them fire another turbo immediately. When I crossed the line, I still got a huge speed boost and still had a turbo in my possession.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Surprised why youg uys don't know this, but BSB (boost select boost), is a way to gain some extra milliseconds on a speed lap by resetting the lap twice before the start of a new lap. It's always used with air time, easy example is ubermall

Ubermall, you would boost on the climb on your way to the start/finnish line, as soon as you boost, you press and hold the lap reset button to get back another turbo, while still in mid air because of your previous boost, you use the newly acquired boost from the lap reset right before the start/finnish line, gaining you the same boost as usual, but now you can also do a barrel roll on top of the normal boost
    It's easier to understand with a video, so here you go

Example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVCY5z38nkw

2 boosts are used before the lap starts

Cipher

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Somebody help me please. Who on Earth is Vecarlos?? and how is he/she so bloody fast??? 0.0

Runs the HD Goteki and I've been having increasing games against Vecarlos, how does he/she make me look like a pilot who still uses pilot assist?
    TELL ME HIS/HER SECREEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 17th August 2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: I don't know the gender of this person :P

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

there's only one secret in this game dude... practice.

even now, after 5 years of playing HD Fury, I'm still learning stuff...

...the more you practice, the more you will discover.