Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

I ment Speed Lap. Thanks for the link, I'm a bit of a novice, really.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

You're welcome. The rankings site is a great motivator, especially when you start looking at your overall ranking, and ranking within specific modes and classes. It's one of the main reasons I've played so much, but I'm a massive geek when it comes to things like league tables and rankings.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

Two quick questions :
    -the amphi rev shortcut seems physically blocked in ZB (haven't checked in Zone), ie, there's a visible wall in the opening and you can't get through. Can anyone confirm ? Since when is it the case ?
    -Have the behaviour of the missile changed since the last update in terms of impact ? I mean I've experienced colossal slowdown with some missiles which were hitting neighbouring ships lately, a bit like a bomb would do. I never noticed that before, so what's up with that ?

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Iv been looking at some pictures of sebenco climb and i got confused... if you put a person on the track he looks so small! the sides of the track are probably 4 meters high and the width about 15-20 meters+ and it looks as if it would take forever to walk around the track...
    My point is this, Sebenco Climb is 4813 m long (2.9 miles)? It just doesnt seem right to me lol, that would take an olympian about 13 mins to jog a whole lap? are these distances accurate? i just cant get my head around it lol, i just keep imagining a dude standing on the track and it blows me away as to how big the tracks actually are.

Edit, I have been trying to create a scaled Sebenco Climb on the Little Big Planet Karting beta today, thats why i have suddenly become interested in this lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MegaGeeza22; 19th July 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

they are indeed tiny persons on the track
    though for the track lenght, i don't think it's false info, though you could test it yourself in zone mode, do 1 lap slowest speed and end the zone, at the end you should get an average speed and the time you did your first lap in (i think), with those 2, you can easily calculate it

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6

That doesn't look like a person, that looks more like a lamp (unused because of the time of day). It could also be a 360 degree camera.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

it's a person though, like it or not ^^

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpape...per-401275.jpg

^much better look on it

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

MegaGezza22.
    I hate to say it, but I think that your hard work in constructing a LBP cart version of Sebenco Climb might end up being refused publication, or, allowed to be published, then later pulled [which would be more upsetting IMHO] as they would probably see it as copyright infringement.

I remember the sad story of somebody else putting in may hours of work constructing a version of Chenghou in Mod Nation only to suffer that fate.

I suppose you could always keep a copy of it on one of your moons, they invite people to play on it in multi player construction mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Solid_Snake_NZ

Has anyone done the Anulpha pass glitch to past zone 3000 and then drove on to see the speed? Does it crash your ps3. anyone got a video

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I will try out your thing in a few days cipher, i will find out what the max speed is for venom in kph and do a few speed laps flat out and not using speed pads and then il do some math lol.

Amaroq Dricaldari, are you talking about that thing on the inside of the corner? i never noticed that lol, but that is probably 2-3 times the size of a human, i was referring to the man in the cockpit.

Blackwiggle, i deleted lbp karting lol... it was ok to start with but it got boring fast, my sebenco track was ok but it was nothing special. it didn't feel the same with wheels and no sideshift.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by P_Denton View Post
    Two quick questions :
    -the amphi rev shortcut seems physically blocked in ZB (haven't checked in Zone), ie, there's a visible wall in the opening and you can't get through. Can anyone confirm ? Since when is it the case ?
    All of the textures on the track are removed in Zone Mode and Zone Battle, and the transparency of certain objects (such as the in-game holograms) are part of the texture. The same is true for most other games. Something that is normally transparent may seem opaque, for example.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

It's all because the whole track is a mag-strip, your ship always sticks on the ground even if you're on the peak. Making "that" jump useless.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    P_Denton, hyperfluous

I know both of these things, hence the question. I do know that it was possible to do the jump with a well-placed boost, since I managed it a couple of times. Thing is, never have I noticed any kind of transparency bug there before (no idea whether my faulty memory is to blame for that), and I did try to redo it recently, to no avail. Maybe I screwed up each time (I haven't tried that many times to be truthful, but I had a couple of instances that looked like decent attempts). So if someone has recently attempted the same, I'd like to hear from them.
    For the other one, I haven't got the problem recently so I dunno... it has been "fixed" by some tinkering serverside ? Whatever I guess.

EDIT : my bad, it really is a transparent texture showing up. I just retested this in racebox, and you can get through.
    Last edited by P_Denton; 4th August 2012 at 12:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

hi, everyone.
    actually i never wanted to sign in on this website but now i decided, caused by a bug(?), to do this nevertheless.
    i usually play some speelaps on venom and my best track is vineta k.
    and here is my problem.
    i am faster than my ghost but the time isnt.
    two times i was around 10 hundreths faster, than my personal best, but the time says only 2hundreths slower.
    either the ghost isnt synchronized correctly with the time, or something is wrong or the timekeeping works wrong.
    i want to know whether there are any simililar cases known and what i can do to make it running correctly.

i hope anyone is able to help me!
    thanks, era

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

there's only 1 solution:
    delete ur ghost, cause it's bugged obviously.
    after turning on the PS3, go to 'Game' >> 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)' >> sort 'Group Content' with square button 'By Title' >> 'Wipeout HD' >> search for the ghost data >> delete it.
    after starting up Wipeout HD, u'll have no ghost anymore, but can set a new 1 at any time. but BE AWARE, DON'T restart a 'Speed Lap' or 'Time Trial' event after finishing it. u have to go to the main menu and start the event from there again, otherwise ur ghost data will get corrupted again.
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 5th August 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    there's only 1 solution:
    delete ur ghost, cause it's bugged obviously.
    after turning on the PS3, go to 'Game' >> 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)' >> sort 'Group Content' with square button 'By Title' >> 'Wipeout HD' >> search for the ghost data >> delete it.
    after starting up Wipeout HD, u'll have no ghost anymore, but can set a new 1 at any time. but BE AWARE, DON'T restart a 'Speed Lap' or 'Time Trial' event after finishing it. u have to go to the main menu and start the event from there again, otherwise ur ghost data will get corrupted again.
    hehe, the ghost wasnt even saved. but luckily i was able to make a lap with the same time.
    thanks 4 help.
    achso, darf ich dich fragen, wie du die sl auf metropia gemacht hast - die zeit is awesome

Timezone
    GMT -5

Has anyone ever gotten a speed boost from a bomb?

Today I had a boost and used it at the exact moment a bomb detonated on top of me. I can't remember if was coming from the side or head on, but I got an incredible speed boost, much faster than the boost power-up normally is.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Does anyone know where to buy Wipeout HD and Fury ANYWHERE other than PSN? If anyone does, please tell me. I don't have access to the internet from my PS3 so there's no other way.

FYI: I checked on Ebay and Amazon. On Amazon it's available but it's like $110 when on PSN it's only $20. On Ebay, it's not even there. See my problem?
    Last edited by AGSys; 4th November 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

When you search on Ebay, you'll have to do an advanced search, search "Any country". If they don't list shipping cost to your country, just send a message and ask politely if they'll consider it in your case.
    http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=%...deSIF=1&_dmd=1

If you're really stuck after that, PM me, I have a copy I would sell if someone really needed it.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Thanks! Yes I'll see if I can buy it off that particular webpage, I'm pretty sure I can. I think the majority of the listings ship internationally, I'm in NZ so it should ship with no probs.