Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Harimau aaaalll the way

and yeah, they have a pretty low shield, but just keep sorbing it up ^^ (except for weapons off of course, but even then i stick to harimau )

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Does anyone have tips for nailing the starting line boost? I've tried counting down with the numbers, watching the red bar cross the numbers until "Go," listening to the beat of the countdown... nothing works. I may have successfully boost-started five times in the last five months!

I've seen methods where people will cycle through the ship viewpoints to time the countdown. I've also tried closing my eyes in order to listen and time the launch better. Nothing is working. This is the only technique I have not mastered. HAALP ME!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I get it practically every time. I guess it just comes with practise; but anyway: press the accelerator about 0.28 of a second after the "go". There's another 0.22 or so of leeway after that which is easier to get in - which is obviously going to be a touch slower, but that's probably rather unimportant when you just want any kind of boost you can get .

I haven't timed it, just going on feeling. See how that goes.
    Last edited by amplificated; 18th October 2011 at 07:12 AM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

From my experience i can tell that you have around 1sec after "GO" to press thrust button to make speed boost start, so there shouldn't be any problem with that. I suppose that you just press it too fast and it doesn't count
    Just take it easy, relax and press the button

EDIT: Oh, and i've noticed that the faster i press it after GO, the stronger is my boost start

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I've wondered a bit about that myself, it almost seems like the boost is stronger, but I just passed it off as being due to the fact that I got moving earlier. Anyone else have an opinion on that?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

It's a good question. I've noticed being slower off the line than many other people on the grid, but I'd always put it down to a combination of ship selection and a bit of lag.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Ive noticed that i press the button exactly on the third, poss fourth beep (i should know by now!) and usualy get it.Also recently i have convinced myself that pitching down on boost start gives me a better boost, but that could be bs and just me kidding myself.A question myself.Are we talking about hd/fury here as people are saying when it says go and on mine i get three (or is it four) peeps ?

Dave.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Talking The shortest post i've ever written xD

4th beep is "GO"

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Talking Yyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooo

Had time to play last night, and you guys were right. I was hitting accelerate too early. The sweet spot is just after the red bar fills and it says, "Go." I played a long Racebox tournament and got it 70% of the time. Felt like Christmas.
    Last edited by Archon; 20th October 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: lawls

PSN ID

Good stuff mate. I've started paying more attention to exactly when I hit X, and I think there may be something to it with regards to how much boost you get. I've been starting ever so slightly earlier than before and I don't seem to be losing ground on people like I was.

So cheers for bringing this up Archon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

I also have the feeling of I lose ground at the start with other racers with the same ship even when I get a boost start. I will do some trials these days.
    Last edited by Olivario; 22nd October 2011 at 11:07 AM.

PSN ID
    Zantetcamsuken.

Think this is the place to put this.... Has there been any news on the times being updated on the leaderboards? I know pretty much everyone is wanting to see their times go up on there so, well... just wondered.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

In Zone Battle, sometimes the announcer says "Target depleted" or "Target repeated" or something along those lines. What does this mean? I know there's a message for "Target attainable," but I've heard her say both messages in one race.

Also, when I start getting those messages, it seems the track is always the black and red color scheme. Is this just the scheme for reaching zone 50-55 in Zone Battle, or does this color scheme indicate that you're in range for the winning zone amount?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think it's related to the situation of the 1st place holder.

If they suddenly loose all their shield energy, explode and respawn, then the current target would of changed as your position relative to whoever is now in 1st place is calculated.
    Red & Black is the colours for those zone levels.

PSN ID

Actually it's a lot simpler than that. You have a set amount of time to reach the target zone. This time limit varies depending on how high the target is, obviously the higher the target, the more time you are alllowed. Once the time limit has expired, the game gradually brings down the target one zone at a time, every few seconds.

No doubt Jan will be able to tell you the time limits for each target

As for the colour scheme, it's probably just a fluke. The colours change every time you boost, and they cycle through the normal Zone colour schemes, starting at sub-venom and ending at Supersonic, then back to sub-venom etc.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Has anyone had any problems with voice chat? I know Playstation Network voice chat is always a pain, but I can't recall one time that I got a reply by using voice chat with Wipeout HD. I've tried both a Playstation Eye and a Bluetooth headset, and under both circumstances, I couldn't talk to the friend I was playing with.

I know NAT type can sometimes cause problems, but I'm not familiar with networking and how to influence this. Most of the time it's at 2, I believe, and once or twice I've seen it at type 3. Any help would be appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GranpireV

Has anyone had any problems with voice chat? I know Playstation Network voice chat is always a pain, but I can't recall one time that I got a reply by using voice chat with Wipeout HD. I've tried both a Playstation Eye and a Bluetooth headset, and under both circumstances, I couldn't talk to the friend I was playing with.

I know NAT type can sometimes cause problems, but I'm not familiar with networking and how to influence this. Most of the time it's at 2, I believe, and once or twice I've seen it at type 3. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: My school's finicky network caused me to post the message twice, and I don't see how to delete my message when I click Edit/Delete.
    Last edited by Granpire Viking Man; 2nd November 2011 at 01:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

HD's voice chat has always been broken

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    ...The colours change every time you boost, and they cycle through the normal Zone colour schemes, starting at sub-venom and ending at Supersonic, then back to sub-venom etc.
    starting at sub-venom and ending at the zone scheme AFTER supersonic, then back to sub-venom etc.

PSN ID

Yeah fair play. Come on then, what are the time limits? You must have timed it at some point