Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

PSN ID
    erich123

Why does the ship Br on it's own. Happens very often at sebenco forward,not fun when your energy are 20 and suddenly it's decide to take a roll.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    AiiRW0LF

I here you erich,it happens to me also sometimes at sebenco forward at phantom speed.
    At first jump after start i oversteer left at jump and then try to compensate right in the next corner.
    This makes me do b-rolls by accident and often in the most critical moments.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Sometimes I could swear I barrel roll when I've definitely not done left-right-left or vice versa.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Well that could be put down to already pressing slightly left/right before you've taken any air. It's pretty much (or at least seems) to be the way in which the BR on the sharp left hander on Sol 2 Reverse works: You need to slam left (+ left airbrake) to make the corner, and to get the BR you simply flick over to the right and back. Something like that at any rate.

Brings me onto something else that I'm sure I've asked before (can't find it in searchy): Is there any way of inducing/preventing a BR when using autopilot? We've all experienced a mystery BR whilst using autopilot, I was wondering what the cause was? Might be something to do with the AI BR system (seldom seen, but they do BR from time to time).

?_?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Couldn't readily find anything via search, but has anyone else had trouble with some tracks not working in-game? I've added some mp3's to my playlist, and they get skipped over. They work on the PS3's XMB, but not in WO

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Are they MP3 or some other format?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

mp3. I don't store my music in any other format

Yeah I get that too. All in the same format and that. Haven't actually tried converting or anything, no idea what it could be. Quite nice for Zone Mode sometimes. You don't get any kind of flashing or anything, just plain colours and that. Very relaxing

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Hmm, I haven't had minutes of silence, for me the game completely doesn't recognise that there are these tracks in the paylist and I can't even manually select them from the menu

ohhh. i had this too. it just seems to ignore the song and carry on to the next? pretty sure its mp3, or FLAC perhaps. works on XMB so its a bit wierd really? maybe just hates my music taste

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

I don't think it has to do with the specific song, it's rather just some weird bug that stops the music from playing. It happens from time to time, and it could be any song.

could it perhaps be the length of the song? just a thought as i know the ps3 doesnt seem to want to copy really long songs (1hour daft punk mega mix FTL )

Well there are two different bugs that I know of.

One is to do with starting an event (either online or offline) and there is no music, only SFX. Happens every so often (more now than ever thanks to bugs and insects).

The other one is simply to do with specific songs not playing. I went through one of my playlists and found that there were at least 10 tracks that NEVER play, even if you select them manually. Game just goes mental and skips song (or doesn't play anything if you make a separate playlist full of bugged songs ).

Weird eh?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Ahhh yeah you're right Yeld. I remember that now... I only have it with 1 song, which appears as "corrupted" on my XMB every now and then, but it still plays whenever I press play...

Ah well, still a good 250 other songs left in the playlist

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I think it has to be the way the file was encoded originally, and that source isn't fully compatible with the PS3... I don't have a big playlist but there's about 5 tracks that don't work.

For a media hub, the PS3 doesn't really do a great job of accepting media Where's the mkv/flac support!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcase:259 View Post
    could it perhaps be the length of the song? just a thought as i know the ps3 doesnt seem to want to copy really long songs (1hour daft punk mega mix FTL )
    Really? I have copied several mixes recently, including a 3 hour long Sven Vath one. I will check if it plays OK ingame, but I never had any trouble with the length of files (of course the length itself is maybe not the problem, the size of the file pehaps).

However getting media on the console is tremendously easier ever since I have a "Multimedia Remote HD" or whatever the name is.

EDIT: and yeah the PS3 is kinda picky about encoding :/
    Last edited by Laeke; 2nd November 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I have a couple of 9+ minute tracks and they have worked fine for me

PSN ID
    Storm_FF

Why I can not see any national flag in my online lobbies, even if everyone I know has got them? Someone says that is a problem of my screen, that's nor HD ready nor fullHD but... I think this's a nonsense response

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Storm, my friend sgt_getfked has the same problem on his non-hd telly. You're right though it does sound silly.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

As far as I know you can not see the flags on a SD TV, I don't think you can even see any of the track names either, but I could be wrong on that bit.