Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    kryowing

Quote Originally Posted by Danterich View Post
    WEIRD:
    was online for hours, hosted a phantom room, i used Harimau, but it felt like Mirage, with the mirage sound!! anyone else experienced this ?
    I better let my PS3 sleep 4 a while...
    + i was in a phantom room with zoners, and chattin...suddenly..i think twice for few secs, a girls voice could be heard, loud and clear
    Yeah, for some reason, i was using icaras and the i heard auricom sound. Even weirder, when i finished the race, my team popped to auricom and i got loyalty points for them too... First glitch i've ever seen on wipeout.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Has anyone ever encountered your PSN name not showing up correctly during a race? I've been "reach-big7" twice before

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeah, OBH was ProblemSolver for a while (at the same time that PS was in the room ) and I was Tobotius for a while as well.

Weird stuff o_O

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

WEIRD:
    was online for hours, hosted a phantom room, i used Harimau, but it felt like Mirage, with the mirage sound!! anyone else experienced this ?
    I better let my PS3 sleep 4 a while...
    + i was in a phantom room with zoners, and chattin...suddenly..i think twice for few secs, a girls voice could be heard, loud and clear
    I posted about this different craft handling happening to me about a year ago, it was basically dismissed by everyone and I was probably thought crazy because it wasn't happening to anybody else.
    Finally I feel vindicated now somebody else has had this happen to them.
    I was using AG Systems but my craft was handling like Triakis or Icuras.

Maybe the girls voice is the ghost of "Curly", she feels missed and wants her old job back.

A bit of history for new Wipeout players, CURLY, as she was nicknamed, was the girl that used to say 3,2,1 GO! in wipeouts 2097,WO3 & WO3SE

heyy Guys maybe you answered questions like this in the last 105 pages *-* , but dont want to read all.

So my Question is what tha hell im doin wrong, i wanna go for Platin trophy Wipeout HD buuut im goin crazy on Campaign its not possible for me to win races on Hard difficulty dunno why i just fail aaaaaaall the time. Zone races and time races dont be so hard, so are there some tricks ingame? "uplift" and "warped" are done on hard difficulty but the rest is f***, dunno what to do could it be im just not having enough skill for that game? dont hope so -.-.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I posted about this different craft handling happening to me about a year ago, it was basically dismissed by everyone and I was probably thought crazy because it wasn't happening to anybody else.
    I think I made a post somewhere saying something similar. I know I've definitely felt ships feeling completely wrong in the past. You're definitely not crazy...

#You are not alone
    #I am here with you
    #Though we're far apart
    #You're always in my heart (ok, not so much that line)
    #You are not alone

@USBAdapter - try a search and you'll get a lot of results for whole threads of tips. Try the trophy help thread and zone thread for starters.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Racing against the Elite AI is a PITA even for the most hardened WO pilot.
    To get good enough to beat Elite and the game generally you need to master a few things, there are NO short cuts.

1] Practice the tracks in Speed Lap or Time Trial until you can nearly do them blindfolded, knowing the tracks and timing your control inputs is the No1 thing regardless of anything else.
    Learn the art of side shifting, and when best to use it.
    2] Try either adjusting the sensitivity of the default control settings [air brakes adjustment makes a HUGE difference] or remap some of the controls then adjust, some people use R1L instead of R2L2 for air brakes for example, do a search or just go back a few pages, there are specific threads about this you NEED to read.
    3] In Racebox, if going against the Elite for any particular trophy [Arcade Perfect for example], you can choose to race with weapons off and still get the trophy.
    4] In Campaign it is basically perseverance that will beat the Elite, they are around 8% faster than you, but they don't do barrel rolls, so this is you way to beat them, even then it takes luck as well, it can be a total PITA, but when you do beat them it like "In your Face!!!!"
    Plus selecting the right craft for the track, you will find that you will only get so far by using the same craft, so look at the craft stats and choose accordingly.
    High thrust craft for Sebenco for example.

Just go back through the pages in the HD section, there are tons of tips, and look at some of the videos of some of the barrel Roll experts, you wouldn't believe the places people have found that you can do this [it was around 200 last time I counted], some are dependent on what speed you are traveling.

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    A bit of history for new Wipeout players, CURLY, as she was nicknamed, was the girl that used to say 3,2,1 GO! in wipeouts 2097,WO3 & WO3SE
    She had a mighty deep voice back then.

@USBAdapter: The above tips are pretty much all you need. Though you can also check out youtube videos:

Darkdrium777 has a ton of vs AI races uploaded that could help you figure out how to use weapons (you should mostly be absorbing to do more and more barrel rolls).

I also have a few vs AI races upload on my account Woopzilla.

You might have to use the search function box on the right and type 'Elite' to get the videos... They've been flooded out the way by my online race videos.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'd like to add on the weapons use:

If you find that you cannot use your current item in the next five to ten seconds, absorb it except if it is a turbo, which you should always use in the most appropriate spot (There is always at least one on each track.)

And while you can watch my videos against the Elite AI, I strongly recommend you watch the tutorials by Hellfire.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

...I better let my PS3 sleep 4 a while...
    Better you go to sleep for a while.

all right thanks m8 i go for a try , sooo when i get teh platin trophy i will tell you guys^^ hope it takes not so long time.

Nice tips

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Default ALL ships LOCKED???

I wonder...
    I was playing online before I typed this. When I chose a race to play,for some strange reason,ALL ships had the lock sign on them...however,I chose my ship too fast to even marvel at this mini-glitch...

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Yea, you see it a lot when trying to do the Syncopia glitch in TT or SL. I've also seen it happen online a bit, but everything fixes itself straight away.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Better you go to sleep for a while.
    Yes, yes, master! Me nooby flying for hours while testing close view, countless boost+respawns and weirdo steering SHAAME
    I take a break then , That should solve this problem, since i´m not like yel
    Last edited by Danterich; 25th July 2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Insomnia :(

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

sorry 4 doublepost

[QUOTE=blackwiggle;178271 Maybe the girls voice is the ghost of "Curly", she feels missed and wants her old job back.]
    lol blackwiggle, that must be it

do i have to win a race with any HUD Style on any ship or just 1 ship? cause i did with 1 ship but the trophy didnt pop.

and at the trophy airbraker i had done it on the map Syncopia from the Fury add on, i reached zone 51 but the trophy didnt pop, too.

whats wrong there >.< maybe my game is full of bugs? :O but i got 71% of ll trophies so i dont think there are bugs.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There are no Trophy bugs in HD or Fury, if you do the challenges properly you get the trophies.
    Usually people mess up and not realize.

Airbreaker - Make sure your stick and D-Pad is centered before you start, otherwise the game will consider you have steered, all it takes is one tiny knock of your stick/D-Pad and you won't get it.

The HUD's - all you have to do is unlock and USE all THREE of the HUDS's, you only have to do this once,.
    I don't think it matters which race mode you use, try it in Campaign, it would have to work in that.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Airbreaker you must also make sure any motion sensor is disabled.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Just a quick question: I know lots of people's records are disappearing (due to inactivity) so I was wondering if anyone still has Larikun on their friends list? All his records are still there and he went missing donkey's years ago.
    I just came across his name while trawling through all the bullshit scores on Anulpha Pass and thought it strange that he was still there. Maybe there are others that have survived the chop?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his name up there, not sure if it disappeared then return though.
    Larikun said he was basically giving HD away after it had been out for 6 months, hasn't been seen since, maybe he finally got the FURY pack, so when he has played that his records reappeared.
    But then would his original times still be there, or are these new improved ones?
    Pity the record times don't have a date where they were achieved.

The only other name I can sort of remember who had a stranglehold of the record tables when HD first came out was AH-Quadzilla or something like that.

He [or she?] was so far in front of everybody else early on [average of 4 sec per track] that there was thoughts that a cheat had been found.