Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Could I trouble you to fire off a few screenshots of the Ag-sys alternate skins? I'm curious as to what they look like.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to do that for another 10-12 hours, but maybe you can convince someone else to help you out there .
    I can tell you though that the second AG-Sys skin is light blue and white, while the third is back to red and white.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

so the 3rd skin of triakis is desert camo

not that i don't like camo in general , but for me really don' t fit in a game like wipeout , true that it reflect well the militaristic and agressive image of the triakis but maybe 2 skin of that theme was enough...
    also in pure the use of the metallic grey tone sorrounded by all the variety of colours bring with other ships teams add a feel of seriousness and contrast to the triakis ,like it says "don't **** with me baby " hehehe

about the skins in general i have to say, too may yellows, and every ships skin a part for few get a white base... WTF SL gets some form of white or yellow feticism ( not that i don't like it's just a consideration )

at this point i have fear to ask if there's a skin of assegai without the damned white between cyan and ochre

p.s. the 3rd qirex skin is the white one or the other purple pink combo?
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 3rd October 2008 at 04:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Anybody know how to check online kills?

Does anybody know if the data from your online gaming is both kept on your hard drive and able to be checked [stats wise]other than time playing game?

Reason being,I'd like to know how many online opponents I've eliminated to see how many more are need to achieve the AG Assassin Trophy.

It's AG league hunting season.

PSN ID
    Axellink

As far as I know there isn't a way at the moment. But I'm sure if they update the website, that is one of the stats they will have on the website. I'm hoping they can flesh out the records section of the game to include more stats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

again i have a couple of question about racing mechanics, about the sidestep i have notice that sometimes it isn't so responsive , sometimes i pull the trigger two times in the right maner and the ship get some vital istants before sidesteping, i wonder if it has to do with the handling of the ship, the sensibility of the air breaks or something other , or maybe there's something i do wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the harder you tap, the wider the sideshift - maybe reduce the sensitivity of the airbrakes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes, maybe, i don't understand how it's better to set the sensivity...how it's work?
    Last edited by Lance; 6th October 2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed! Read the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

The sensitivity sets the 'active area' of the triggers, for instance, 100% sensitivity will give you full airbrake with the slightest tap of the trigger whereas at 50%, youll have to pull the trigger down halfway to acheive full airbrake, and say, 20% means youll really have to press that trigger to get full airbrake, but you get the other 80% of the trigger movement to give you varying amounts of airbrake.
    hope thats not too confusing, im not particuarly good at explaining things

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think you've got it the wrong way around - 100 percent sensitivity will make you jam down the airbrake button to get full airbrake and so on- unless the principle for the accelerator does not apply here.

As I understand it, if you set the sensitivity at lowest (10%), then it makes it closer to the binary 'on/off' - if you go further and set the airbrakes to the top two shoulder buttons as well, you might find it easier still. Even with the little plastic trigger adapters I found it more hard for a double tap.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Correct, insertcoin, it's exactly the opposite way of how Virtical described it. If you set it to 100%, you have the finest response to slight pressing, but you really gotta press hard for full effect. If you set it to 10%, even a slight tap will give you full effect.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

aha! i thought it might be the other way around after posting that >.<, i never really played with it, mapped them straight to L/R1 cause i dont like the feel of the triggers, ta for the info!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

even if you have it on L1/R1, it still is pressure sensitive! Might wanna try to reduce the sensitivity - when I did, I found out that I could actually break much harder than I had thought previously!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    in other news: norfolk'n'clue <- that is an awesome name
    LMAO, I used to know a chef who made his own norfolk sauce (a bit like lea N perrings) called Norfolk n' good
    Last edited by Lance; 7th October 2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Reduced quotation to the relevant part.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

hrm, thanks, ill give it some trial right now

-----

That definitely helped, thanks, eLhabib.

Back on topic, does a higher thrust level on a craft give more of a speed boost over pads and on turbos?
    Last edited by Lance; 7th October 2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Merged two successive posts by same author.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Too funny, I just realized that after I obtained the airbraker trophy, I never lowerd my airbrake sensitivity. So for almost a week I've been wondering why my airbrakes are no good, cause I don't push the buttons very hard

Maybe I will pump up some times with more responsive brakes! Can't wait to get home and play tonight.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Airbraker with sensitivity at 100% :O
    Well, looks like I have some options to adjust

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Airbraker with sensitivity at 100% :O
    Well, looks like I have some options to adjust
    Meh.

Acceleration: 10%
    Air brakes: 100%

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    ninedeeb

So I've got to ask, where does everyone have their air brake sensitivity at?

What do you guys think is the supreme setting?