Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I thought DISRUPTOR answered my question, but now with your post I don't know...
    My question was indeed, is the acceleration boost itself variable?
    And I thought DISRUPTOR answered that yes, it was. But maybe he meant what you described, which makes perfect sense, that if a time interval is available to get a fixed acceleration boost, the sooner in this interval you press the button, the better.
    Now if the acceleration is variable, it could get different. If the boost start was better at the end of the time interval, pressing later might be better.
    DISRUPTOR?

pretty sure its varible from my experience online..

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I have a question - If you barrel roll when you're really high in the air, would you get a faster boost than if you barrel rolled closer to the ground?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

If you're really close to the track, it generally means your nose it parallel or slightly leaning toward the ground, meaning consequently a stronger initial "boost" for a following BR. Pulling the nose up obviously means slowing down, and that would mean starting almost from an inertia point for a BR. The momentum wouldn't be the same as being close to the track. This said, i dont think height affects the power of a BR but the speed at which you're travelling before performing a BR. Well at least this is how i feel it I may be wrong!

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Thanks Kyonshi, that seems right to me

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Anyone know if the PS3/WOHD supports multi-channel mp3's? Did a quick search but couldn't find anything... I'm just curious.

EDIT:
    As soon as I typed this I checked the Wikipedia page (/stupid) for the PS3 system software and it says it supports mp3 surround, so I assume you could use your own 5.1 tracks in WOHD. Hmm... Well now you know if you somehow got curious
    Last edited by amplificated; 22nd September 2009 at 02:36 PM.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Another question - when I checked the leaderboards under "Multiplayer Race," there are records for the zone-only tracks (Syncopia, etc.) How is this possible?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Zone Battle can be played in multiplayer on these tracks so I'm guessing the addition of these tables for the Pure Four tracks under the multiplayer single race category is an oversight. Theoretically they should be empty. If they aren't, it's a bug.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Where are located the 4 Fury tracks?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Talon's Junction : Welsh industrial park.
    The Amphiseum : Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Tech de Ra : Grand Canyon, Arizona.
    Modesto Heights: Makana Island (Though there is a city called "Modesto" in California.)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Thx DD777.

That's funny because i always thought that Talon's Junction was kinda related to Talon's Reach or redesigned from it, also they're both constructed in an industrial park/complex. Did SL made TJ having in mind the setting of TR or are they completely appart from each other?

I also thought TDR was on Mars This make me wish we could get another extra-terrestrial racetrack, like on the Moon/Katmoda 12 or Firestar, or in plain space, orbiting around some giant star/planet or sumtin.

Default dpad or analog stick?

Hi im wondering what control system people use, i use to use the stick but recently have gone back to dpad for steering and barrel rolls cos im quicker on dpad at barrel roll, I was using both at the start, steering with stick then quickly flipping with dpad, but the last coupl;e of weeks since trying speedlap on sebenco i been using just dpad, should i be at a disadvantage though, (my times havent changed either way i think)
    Does anyone use sixaxis control lol(if you do then respect)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No you will not be disadvantaged .

MANY of the worlds best wipeout pilots only use the D-Pad,and have done for years.

Pitch is the bitch [sorry but this is so with HD].

That's why some prefer the stick,others PITCH only motion control.

The fastest times are being set by those that have MASTERED Pitch,as getting air at improbable places is whats gives one the edge in doing barrel rolls.

If this seems daunting ,please don't be worried.a quick missile or rocket etc equals the playing field.

The pitch control to the ultimate race times only really comes into effect during Time Trials and Speed Laps.

That takes practice and is a lonesome pursuit

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Did SL made TJ having in mind the setting of TR or are they completely appart from each other?
    It is probable that the name was an inspiration, but as far as the turns go and the whole environment, they have nothing to do with each other. Talons Reach has pipes and metal walls and frames everywhere, Talon's Junction in the case of WipEout HD is a hyper speedway junction, and in WipEout Pulse it's an industrial complex set in a valley.

cheers, yeah cos i only noticed like a .30 diffrence when i first changed but i think its probably better suited to dpad, and yeah i use the pitch a lot, it just feels like the originals more on dpad,

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Actually, it would feel more like the original for me, if I could use a keyboard, since I started with 2097 on the Mac.

Does anyone know if there's a way to use a bluetooth keyboard in place of the controller on the PS3?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

AFAIK you can only use a keyboard while on the XMB (to perform any task, like X button, O button, etc.), just the button placement isn't as obvious. For X it's Enter, O is Escape, Square I can't remember and /\ is F1... Arrows are D-Pad/Stick... And then the shoulders, can't remember too.

Games have to specifically support the keyboard, the only one I know is UT3 for movements, and a mouse for aiming (it's an FPS.) I this WipEout HD was built with the Dualshock 3 in mind (rumble for incorrect pitch) so I really doubt a keyboard will work. But you can always try if you have one.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Anyone have any tips on how to do the pitch down-pitch up-boost-br trick?

I'm having difficulty with it on a couple of tracks, particularly AP, and it's annoying me

@bainbeat...

d-pad is cool and very quick for br's and pitching without crashing..only problem i have with d-pad is regaining control can be tricky as it inolves plenty of finger tapping.

stick is better for zone as control is more prisise when your going for zeus onwards

ages ago i asked if anyone knew if Studio Liverpool planned to put out wallpapers for the four unlockable ships in the original HD package (Auricom, Mirage, Harimau & Icaras)

well they have done, they're on the official site. not sure when they popped up, but for wallpaper and artwork loving type people they're there!!