Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

ok thanks. I will try

I think there is no slipstream, the only thing there is, (maybe what u noticed) when u are behind someone with your craft's nose in the yet engine tail, then u see it burning.
    This costs no energy or anything.
    Graphically it looked so like slipstream, nice effect anyway, maybe they should add it in the next one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

please can someone explain me better how work the fast start system with the red bar on the 3-2-1 countdown ?

also i want to know there're the concept crafts in HD?

i've really miss the old quick start metod...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Big_Lozbowski

i've really miss the old quick start metod...[/QUOTE]
    I hit X as soon as the 3-2-1 bar reaches the end. Try to time it to hitting it with "go". Not sure if that is correct but it works most of the time..

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Lance; 4th October 2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Read the guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

It seems like the boost is tied to how closely to "Go" you hit the thrust. You can get a longer thrust by timing it closer to the end of the count, and shorter if you are off a bit.

There's something i've been wondering about Zone mode, which is probably pretty obvious, but it's been niggling at me:

When you go over speed pads in Zone, does it affect how fast the zones go up? This probably sounds stupid, but the squares counter thing (WO3HUD) in zone seem to increase at a consistent pace - so am I making things unnecesarily faster for myself by hitting them in Zone? Or does it just bump your score up even though you don't need to hit them to increase Zones (if you dont need to hit them....). *Is confused*

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

It adds about 100 points to your score everytime you pass over a speed pad regardless of zone.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

To add to that, each zone is 10 seconds no matter what you do.

Protip for high scoring in Zone. BR's. Seriously, it's like a 1,000 or 2,000 point boost. I don't continue to do them after I get to phantom, but perfect zones are pretty easy to pull off up to that point.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

o.0 Really?
    I didn't think they gave you a point boost. I've been enlightened
    *insertcoin heads off to start rolling around like an idiot*

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Not really a question, but I haven't been able to connect to Wipeout online for a few hours now. Webbrowser etc. works fine, but when I go to 'online' in Wipeout it just keeps connecting forever. Had it crash on me before as well while trying. Anyone else expierencing this? >_>

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Big_Lozbowski

Default Zone question

Hi I have a question. I notice that on Zone your shield energy does increase slowly. When does it increase is it just a gradual thing or do you have to clear a zone or hit a speed bad? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I was just wondering..

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

As far as I know it increases again after you complete a perfect zone (don't hit a wall for 10 seconds).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

10% of your shield are recovered for each perfect zone. That doesn't automatically mean if you go perfect for 10 seconds, it will give you 10% back - if you hit a wall 1 second after entering a new zone, the next 9 seconds are irrelevant. The 10 seconds after that have to be perfect.

PSN ID
    Highlander23

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    Not really a question, but I haven't been able to connect to Wipeout online for a few hours now. Webbrowser etc. works fine, but when I go to 'online' in Wipeout it just keeps connecting forever. Had it crash on me before as well while trying. Anyone else expierencing this? >_>
    There were network issues about 10hrs ago when I was playing online - getting disconnected from races, etc, and it wasn't just me. So there may've been issues with the server(s).

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

in all the preceding grids, you needed X points to clear the grid, and open the next one.
    for the last few at least, the value was equivalent to all silvers plus one

Meltdown is the last grid. how many points are required to "clear" it?
    and is it at this point that the bling skins are given out? or is it once you have a medal in each cell, regardless of points?

before anyone tells me I should be going for gold in each cell... I will, in time. but I want the shiny stuff NOW

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the points are only for opening new grids. if you want TEH BLING, you will have to aquire a medal on every event.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i know maybe this is a strange question, i haven't time to play much in this days , so i come up with this is mind since i hanven't unlocked any skin yet but i have already seen some, my question is
    are there a skin for triakis who isn't a camo ? this isn't a complaint , simply i don't like it...i preffer much the pure version

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

short answer? no.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

thank you mate
    Last edited by Task; 3rd October 2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Quotation of previous post removed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

I quite like the second Triakis skin though - grey/black ("urban") camo. And the third one - desert camo - doesn't look half bad either.
    But of course if you hate camo patterns in general...

Speaking of skins. Anyone besides me who have found a number of the second skins better looking or more unique than the third ones?
    Harimau, AG-Sys, Icaras, Auricom - very different colors and/or patterns for the second skins, while the third ones look more like variations of the default ones. And I was also rather underwhelmed by the look of the third skin for my favourite team, Qirex - it just seemed a bit bland compared to the first two.

Well, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a custom skin feature arriving at some point .