Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

and the good men at Studio Liverpool changed the feature so people wouldn't take advantage.... although i found a few loopholes just to demonstrate (i can't be arsed to acctually use it)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

cheers for the explanatio. i hate the fact that i cannot get new boosts by pushing select anymore. means i'll only get half as many usable runs on my way to beating zico :/

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

You can still cancel the current lap you're on.

You have to hold the L1 button (default controls) for 3 seconds on a speed lap and it will give you the boost back

They changed it by making you hold it for 2-3 seconds so you couldn't boost, press select and boost again right at the end of the lap.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

aahhh i see
    lots of reconfiguring of buttons..
    i was wondering how SL worked out the fact that L1 used to be "voice chat" and now its the 180 spin on eleminator. then i figured they set the voice chat to "auto activate" which is a good resaon to leave the microphone aside...

PSN ID
    Jimsin

My goodness Darkdrium777 - did you write all that yourself just for me? (and the other person who asked the same question by coincidence today).

I do actually have Audacity, that lame.enc.dll, and the required leads - so I might just give all that a go. I was kinda hoping that somebody would say "oh, the mp3 files are in there with your game saves, and you can just add them to your playlist" - or something less effort intensive.

Huge thanks for the extremely detailed explanation though - if anybody ever accuses you of being unhelpful, then just point them to this forum - you're like the Mother Teresa of Wipeout!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes I did write that in reply to you.
    I've already done it myself and removed "Marmite"

PSN ID
    Jimsin

hehe - well thanks again.

If you took all the time to write that, then I think that I should take the time to implement it.

*searches for leads*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

I think this wipeout is "wipeout fury" now. Not wipeout HD. I don't say HD anymore.

I hope this is not to random and that it fits here.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Maybe a silly question and perhaps I should really know this... the thrust stat has no effect on speed pads does it? I've just told someone it doesn't and the seeds of doubt have now been sown...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

I find this is a strange question comming from a fellow Goteki user . Of course it helps squeeze juice from the speed pads, otherwise your favourite ship would be rubbish.

This or I'm delusional?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Never mind, checked it myself. The pads accelerate you to a fixed speed, no matter what your thrust value is.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

more a remark than a question, but.
    in online races it is now incredibly hard to change ships in a full room
    the countdown is just to fast. this applies right after the track has been selected, i think its two second gap.
    so in my experience if you host a full room changing ship is near impossible.
    this was not that hard in HD x(.
    do anyone else feel the same way?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Yeah, been stuck with a ship I didn't want more than once...

that's because in HD when the time started by itself (i.e. not being started by the host) the game would let you stay in the ship select screen. In fury it now takes you to the main room without letting you choose. this still happens if you are the host which is super annoying.

please change it back SL

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked before, but i saw a player using a Silvery-transparent version of Icarus on the original Wipeout HD, his name was Ray_Crisis or something, and i was wondering how you unlock that particular skin?

Btw ive already got the Livery Liberation trophy and there only seems to be a pitch black version of the crafts after you get a medal in all events.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

pitch black? it's meant to be silver....
    hmmm

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

Most likely he had a symbol next to his team in the game lobby, like a stylized F with a circle around it?
    He was probably using the Fury Zone Battle Icaras ship.
    The 2.00 update to Wipeout HD adds the ships from the Fury expansion to not cause too great a divide in the playerbase.
    If you want the ship for yourself, you'll need the Fury expansion and beat the new campaign. Highly recommended!
    Last edited by Cerbis; 1st August 2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Correcting formatting.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Sorry i now know that he was simply using the silver version of the Fury craft xD. hadnt been online in ages and the silver craft looked a bit weird to me thats all. Downloading Fury in a couple days, thanks Cerbis and yeldar, i appreciate your help =]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

No problem! You're very welcome.

True or false........

I was told by an extremly good high rankingonline player (good as in he is ridicolously fast and wins most games) that your ships maximum top speed is determined by your online rank with regards to online racing only and the higher your online rank the faster you go.basically a handicap system that favours the skilled player.
    does anyone know anything about this