Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,725 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

They did, in a way. HD's Icaras ship is the same as Pulse's Icaras Concept. That's about it, though.

EDIT: Wait, no, nevermind, read that incorrectly. I think perhaps they don't put scrapped models in like that cause they don't like the designs of them? As in, the final design is the definitive version of that craft.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 8th December 2017 at 07:17 AM.

It’s much more simple than that: the ships in those screenshots are just work in progress. They evolved later on to become what we know in the final game. There’s not scrapping, just improvements.

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

I'm just gonna ask this here. I was recently able to softmod my Vita, so I immediately got all available Wipeout games on it. During my searches, I realized that PlayStation Home Arcade had Wipeout 2D on it, a simple top-down racer made by Zico. I'm wondering if any information has been actually documented online anywhere about it, because imo, it's totally a part of the series that shouldn't be forgotten (despite how barebones it is as far as I can tell). So, has anyone else played this and/or are there any threads or wiki posts about it (my google searches haven't given me much beyond a youtube video or two)?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I totally agree with you. It is a genuine and original Wipeout! Developed by people on SL. It should be included in the game series as naturally as any other Wipeout title. I also think it actually has a little bit of depth in it. The crafts truly differs in stats and the game changes completely when switching from dynamic to static mode. It made its original apperance on PS Home which is long gone but nowadays it is playable both on a PSVita and with a controller on PSTV. The experience on PSTV is pretty much the same as it was on the PS3. I remember there are some info here on WZ about Wipeout 2D. There were plans on making leaderboards with best lap times but I dont think it ever came to happen. I still play it from time to time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Same here. It's of course no big title, but it is a forgotten entry