Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1725

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

go with pure, you get lots of new tracks through the free dlc tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

Thank you, will get that then

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

How did Sinucit from Pure not make it to HD?

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Anybody encounter this following glitch before?

Guy leaves race during results screen, his name changed to DNF (and I mean his PSN ID changed to DNF, not his race time) and when the badges screen appears it displays the following text:
    "ERROR_NULL_POINTER_BASED_SUBTEXT"

First time I have ever seen a text based glitch in the game
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 11th February 2017 at 01:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

maybe it has something to do with the omega collection... devs 'clever beans' testing crossplay function?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Nope, i've seen it before, it's a non-game breaking bug (good programmers to be doing exception handling), nothing special

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Woo!

Now for some dumb questions, 'cus I don't know where to post this. I mean, genuinely? If anyone believes this deserves its own thread (or needs to go somewhere else) then by all means.

But having played a bit recently, I've noticed that whilst I'm no slouch (Elite AI are terrible), I'm definitely missing something when it comes to playing against other players online. It's also very difficult to judge what racing lines people are taking, when side-shifting is being used, etc, due to the game's netcode.

So I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Is there any specific advice or guidance anyone can give me in terms of maximising my speed through corners? Any tricks regarding turning/airbrake usage, etc, that I might be missing since 99% of my time on any Wipeout game has been versus AI?

Predominantly I feel like I'm leaning too much on the airbrakes, but I fear there's more to it than that. I was playing last Friday using a PS4 pad, and I'm suspicious that the totally digital nature of the airbrakes (I use L1/R1) may be a culprit as well. I mean, I don't know if you guys here rely on depressing the airbrakes only partially (since the PS3 pad's buttons register as analog).

I've watched a few of Hellfire's old tutorial videos, at least. If all else fails are there any sorts of lap times I could aim for in speed lap on some of the tracks? I usually run Assegai, if it helps. Not the fastest, I know.

((Yeah, mostly I'm looking at making myself more competitive for you guys for when Omega comes out. From playing with Nugget/Snakenator on Friday I'm usually about 1/1.5s a lap slower. Some of that is poor cornering, some of that is me not being able to barrel roll in some spots. Heh. Sorry for the long grovel-post.))

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Mastering lines, sideshift and pitch are some essentials to fast times, anticipated decision between a speed or weapon pad, wisely using your shield energy (don't waste it on a not very beneficial roll when you are low for example), being able to pull off ALL shortcuts and having the descipline to save a turbo until a shortcut opportunity also add to that.

Not to self promote, but for the whole lines thing, i do have a guide thingy ma bob on my youtube if you want to check it out, it's a lot of me rambling though, but the slowmo example lap with button input might be of use if you decide to skip the other parts
    Link: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...JJeaSaeLvSeXOk

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Ah, gotcha!

Before I go doing that, though, does it matter at all if I have any analog input for airbraking or not? Going back to the matter that I was using a PS4 pad - though I'm debating because the d-pad on a PS3 pad sticks out more and feels easier to execute barrel rolls on.

Also what's the recommended/suggested sensitivity? I think I've been using 20%.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Doesn't matter at all, whatever feels better for you, there was even a pilot who used triangle and square as air brakes, so it's really whatever floats your boat

For sensitivity, it's also your own preference, but as a reference, i use between 30 & 60% air brake sensitivity (depends a little on the ship, i tend to prefer 60 with most ships though)
    Acceleration should ALWAYS be 10% as it's an inverse sensitive, don't ask, it's weird & complicated lol
    Motion sensitivity behaves like air brake sensitivity, and thus, i have at 100% for easy pitch control

Timezone
    GMT + 1

If you lack the raw speed to compete with more experienced players, you should focus on lines and br techniques.
    On wipeoutrankings.com you can find a TT guide for every track and the porobably most important speed, Phantom. In general, there are lots of useful videos included, which can help you to improve your speed.
    Note, that you won't keep up with the listed times - this is due to the gane mechanics. The important thing is to be able to copy the shown techniques, as far as possible.
    To know, whats theoretically possible, is imo the only option to reach a higher level.
    Good luck!

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Thanks for the advice!

I'll have to take a look at the airbrake sensitivity again as well as those videos, as I'm pretty sure that some of the time I'm losing is inefficient lines through corners. Phantom is hard to get comfortable with racing lines (hard to just subconsciously sideshift at the end of a corner so I don't have to turn so sharp lol). I don't expect to get anywhere near the leaderboard times (Assegai is slow ).

I think I just need to do a lot of laps in SL, haha.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

SLs are great and doing them is the best way to practise your technique. Thats how i have become a good player as well. I focused on few tracks, namely vineta k, sebenco climb, ubermall and anulpha pass. I tried to copy those brs shown in the vids and eventaully i was able to do so. But more importantly, i was able to understand the physics of the aircraft; how it behaves in the air, how airbrakes, sideshifts and pitching affect the airtime. That knowledge could now be used to apply it to the other tracks and master them as well. And now i can be fast, really fast on almost any track and any speed.
    But here is the BUT:
    With SLs you do NOT train consistency, which is absolutely mandatory to perform well in a race and also tournaments.
    Thats why i recommended you those Time Trail videos. Naturally, TTs are more related to an actual race and therefor better if you want to be a good online-player.
    For example, whats the point of being radically fast on ubermall, when you get stuck 4 out of 5 times in that "tree" after the big bump when you try to boost over that passage? Even one time is too much.
    This lack of consisteny is the reason why i often lose/lost to the guy who replied to your topic earlier
    Anyway, i hope you consider my words in your training and that they might come in handy in the future!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    This lack of consisteny is the reason why i often lose/lost to the guy who replied to your topic earlier
    ^this guy^ may say that, but when he starts pulling his crazy moves, he completely leaves me behind in galaxy dust (that's right, galaxy dust, he goes that fast!!)

Haha, but yes, echoin what Raizza said, SL & TTs are a good way to practice, SL for rolls and shortcuts, TTs for concistency, however, i will add, that if you think the speed is still an issue, that zone mode can also be used to practice when it comes to reflexes & track knowledge.

I do not recommend starting with TTs though, they can be excruciatingly frustrating if you don't have that concistency yet, instead use zone mode for a specific track

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

... I legitimately have no idea how he gets those barrel rolls in that video. I can't even understand how. At all.

:/

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

How many cheaters are there on the top of HD/Fury time trial leaderboards? (If there are any.) I've always wondered if my place is affected by cheaters or it isn't. Does anybody know anything about it?
    I couldn't find a thread about it on its own, and I don't think this question needs it, so I asked it here.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Just to clarify those people who are at the top of leaderboards with some crazy scores/times are not cheaters (except for the Anulpha pass zones where people used the old exploit, they were cheating). Its just the leaderboards are glitched at the moment and nobody has been around to fix them.

The extent to which this will affect your ranking will vary vastly as some are worse off than others, for example I'll use the Syncopia zone leaderboard. All scores after 75th place are glitched so in this case you would take your current rank and minus 74 (further example my current rank for Syncopia zone is 111th - 74 = 37th place true rank).

Your best bet is to manually scroll through each leaderboard, find the best legitimate score/time, count the glitched ones before it up to rank 1 and then subtract that from yours to find your true rank.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    How many cheaters are there on the top of HD/Fury time trial leaderboards? (If there are any.) I've always wondered if my place is affected by cheaters or it isn't. Does anybody know anything about it?
    I couldn't find a thread about it on its own, and I don't think this question needs it, so I asked it here.
    Only those on some speed lap/ some time trials

however some are glitched like sebenco forward phantom TT in like 40? secs... even if u found a mega shortcut thats just impossible...it might be some very very rare random glitch.

all single races are glitched except syncopia after cross play update i think. same with zone, detonator and multiplayer. i think SL fixed zone/detonator glitches when scores where uploaded in a weird order but they never removed them so detonator and zone will probably be normal in omega collection as they will probably get new leaderboards... but hd/fury single races, mp will prob be glitched again if they dont fix the issue

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Forgive me if this has been asked already... Regarding the beat zico trophy, every time i try to barrel role off the ramp on to the straight path near the end of the track the ship won't role in time... is it possible for someone to tell me the exact point in which you role?
    The Youtube guides don't seem to get through to me... or it dosn't sink in.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

You need to get the ship as far to the right of the track as possible in order to gain the height to barrel roll onto the overpass. Give left air brake a quick press and pitch up, quickly input the BR command and it should land. Some people prefer to do a left side shift to maintain altitude but not everyone does.

It will take a lot of practice to get the trophy, I know it took me 459 laps to achieve (yes I counted every lap)