Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Does the thrust powerup effect get reduced by the magnetic strips?

Is there a 'fast start' key press combination?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Press thrust button as soon as it says go! Or thats what I do anyway.

why we cannot plane any more while pushing on bottom at the moment of the jumps like psone opus ??(here the ship always falls down very heavily if we do not make a loop in air)?
    why we don't see any more the weapons on the collects boxes (different colors according to weapons)?
    regrettableā€¦

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Is there a 'fast start' key press combination?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post

i'm going to ask the same question and start a thread about...so the old metod ( keep the thrust at 3/4 of the bar and then at the GO press quickly ) is gone forever?

i'm too used with W3O , HD is really a great game, but actually i have some time too get used with all these "new" differences...
    i've played w3o til yesterday, at truth also this morning i've play it alot ,i'm a nostalgic one ...but WO HD is Too gorgeous and amazing

WO HD is the devil!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Might as well ask here, seeing as it is a questions thread.

What do the panels on the track do. Call me a nub if you want, but I didn't really notice them while playing last night.

I forgot, I had one other question: how long do mines and bombs hang around if no-one sets them off?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    I forgot, I had one other question: how long do mines and bombs hang around if no-one sets them off?
    In past versions it's been ~ 10 seconds.

Probably the same now...

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    Recently I was in a race (offline) and I was in first, and as I came around for lap 2, I saw a bomb in the distance, which then exploded itself before I could get to it. Definitely wasnt set off by a ship, so maybe when the race leader comes toward them, they disappear (spectacularly!).

It coul'dve just been a bug though if no one else has experienced this.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    If you prefer a visual cue, the red bar that moves across behind the 3,2,1 countdown can be used. The moment the red bar reaches the right hand side of the countdown display you mash the throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    What do the panels on the track do. Call me a nub if you want, but I didn't really notice them while playing last night.
    nub
    in modes where weapons are enabled, you will see red Xs on the track, when you pass over these a weapon or item will become available on your craft
    The blue ^ shaped panels give you a small speed boost when passed over

in other news: norfolk'n'clue <- that is an awesome name

I was hoping someone would start a thread like this!

I can tell from the vids that you don't "stick" to the walls when you hit them anymore, like in Pure and Pulse, which is damn good. But does this mean they re-implemented scraping (getting a speed boost for just barely riding the wall, like in 2097 and W30 - makes about as much sense as barrel-rolling, but I loved it all the same) or is that still out?

And concerning Zone mode, when do the zone speeds stop increasing? I know in Pure it was ~ zone 65, but maybe because of the better hardware it has been increased for PS3?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    in other news: norfolk'n'clue <- that is an awesome name
    LMAO, I used to know a chef who made his own norfolk sauce (a bit like lea N perrings) called Norfolk n' good
    Last edited by Lance; 7th October 2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Reduced quotation to the relevant part.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Anybody know how to check online kills?

Does anybody know if the data from your online gaming is both kept on your hard drive and able to be checked [stats wise]other than time playing game?

Reason being,I'd like to know how many online opponents I've eliminated to see how many more are need to achieve the AG Assassin Trophy.

It's AG league hunting season.

PSN ID
    Axellink

As far as I know there isn't a way at the moment. But I'm sure if they update the website, that is one of the stats they will have on the website. I'm hoping they can flesh out the records section of the game to include more stats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

again i have a couple of question about racing mechanics, about the sidestep i have notice that sometimes it isn't so responsive , sometimes i pull the trigger two times in the right maner and the ship get some vital istants before sidesteping, i wonder if it has to do with the handling of the ship, the sensibility of the air breaks or something other , or maybe there's something i do wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the harder you tap, the wider the sideshift - maybe reduce the sensitivity of the airbrakes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes, maybe, i don't understand how it's better to set the sensivity...how it's work?
    Last edited by Lance; 6th October 2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed! Read the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

Cool a true phantom pilot

Hold back your citicism, this topic isn't about me

Any of you noticed that Harimau blue livery's pilot is a white ghost? Or am I just tripping?

EDIT: I realize this doesn't require a thread of its own, can it be moved to http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5273? Sorry about that!
    Last edited by Lance; 28th April 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Moved post to requested thread.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

hey whats the deal with the global ranking? do your time trial/speed lap/zone times/scores have nothing to do with your overall rank and it all depends on how quickly you made it to legend?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

yepp the online ranking system is pretty useless, but if you check out connavars superb leaderboard on the top of the WO-HD section of theforum you will get a much more accurate picture of acctual skill.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

lucky seanywauny. top o' the boards ma!
    thanks, i'll do that.