Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Was that a question or an answer, Kigo?

HD pads bothering you much?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

@lance, i think it was both
    ye the nonfunctioning weaponpads are bothersome, "wtf, im in first why are you not lighting up you SOB?" is usually my reaction to these. sometimes they seem random and some races one pad is always off all the time for me. :S

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Neither

My reaction to a Vista pad is, you ****ing son of a **** you ****!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

I have a few questions, they've probably been answered before but... 53 pages... come on .

If you use a turbo right before a speed pad, will the speed pad slow you down? I've done it a few times and I can't decide whether I'm going faster or slower.

And the effect of the other ships jet streams washing over your nose, does this signify that you're slipstreaming or is it just an effect?

KIGO, as a very much surprised [shocked, even] liker of Vista, I don't get the connection with faulty pad actuation, but I suspEct your experience has been different.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by JaceMc View Post
    If you use a turbo right before a speed pad, will the speed pad slow you down? I've done it a few times and I can't decide whether I'm going faster or slower.
    Only in WipEout PurE did a speed pad cancel a turbo activated just before. In WipEout PULSE and HD, turbos have priority.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceMc View Post
    And the effect of the other ships jet streams washing over your nose, does this signify that you're slipstreaming or is it just an effect?
    Just a particle effect.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

good question jace.
    dark, by priority do you mean that the effect of the speed pad will be negated or will yu get a small boost?
    this could be the solution to all my problems

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I've always been under the impression that boosting over a speed pad(s) will give you extra boost.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes Speed Pad give boost as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

If you have a turbo its best to use it after a boost pad, rather than before

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

The only other WipEout I've played is Pure, so there you go

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ KIGO - I'm curious as to what makes you say that...can you please be specific?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

My Vista or my turbo comment??

I think its my turbo comment.

Thats what i do on Moa Therma, use the turbo after ive gone over the speed pad, it gives you more momentum.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Really? Have you actually tested it in some way? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just curious, as I was under the impression that using turbo while going over a speed pad gave you more boost than just the pad or turbo alone...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think that's a bit of a suburban legend,probably caused by the beat zico thread where you come down off the overpass,on or just before the speed pad.

I remember Flashback Jack said he was of the opinion that using a turbo just before or while on a speed pad was a waste.

I tend to agree,there is a place where this is proven to an extent,use a turbo while staying on the Anulpha Pass overpass while running over those three speed pads and time it from when you get on it to the finish line,then time it again running normally the using the turbo after the last speed pad.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st May 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Not on the pad after it.

Two postives make a negative here. Dont use a turbo on a boost pad it will cancel itself out.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

When I was trying to Beat Zico I used to wonder if it was better to hit the speed pad just after the start line (after you've boosted) or just to stay to the right of it and wait for the 3 pads in a row. Never conclusively worked it out (as I was too busy screaming and swearing at missing out on beating him)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you boost just before a speed pad ,well the speed pad takes presidense and overrides the boost [which is equal to 3 speed pads],so you are basically LOSING 2 speed pads.

Nothing you can do about it,that's the way It's programmed to work.

If you look at the actual speed pads in "Fly by mode",you will see that they are little "catch pads", with there triangular scales pointing backward toward on coming craft,they work like a switch,once run over they flip from backward to foreword giving the craft that ran over them added speed.

The pads only work at max when they sense that you are not already traveling under a Turbo [Which is 3 times their rating].

It's like blowing a fuse.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st May 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ KIGO and blackwiggle - How do you know this? Have you timed it? Has someone else timed it and is it documented somewhere? Again, not trying to be a smart-ass, just genuinly curious and would like a concrete answer that goes beyond someone on an internet forum telling me something without presenting true evidence, even if that someone is a hardcore and experienced Wipeout pilot. Talk is cheap, as they say...

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

The only place I personally think it's worth boosting before a speed pad is after the very first corner on Metropia Rev, seems to give substantial speed when you fly over the triple speed pad using a turbo. Other than that I always boost whilst on or after the pad.