Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

again i have a couple of question about racing mechanics, about the sidestep i have notice that sometimes it isn't so responsive , sometimes i pull the trigger two times in the right maner and the ship get some vital istants before sidesteping, i wonder if it has to do with the handling of the ship, the sensibility of the air breaks or something other , or maybe there's something i do wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the harder you tap, the wider the sideshift - maybe reduce the sensitivity of the airbrakes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes, maybe, i don't understand how it's better to set the sensivity...how it's work?
    Last edited by Lance; 6th October 2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed! Read the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

The sensitivity sets the 'active area' of the triggers, for instance, 100% sensitivity will give you full airbrake with the slightest tap of the trigger whereas at 50%, youll have to pull the trigger down halfway to acheive full airbrake, and say, 20% means youll really have to press that trigger to get full airbrake, but you get the other 80% of the trigger movement to give you varying amounts of airbrake.
    hope thats not too confusing, im not particuarly good at explaining things

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think you've got it the wrong way around - 100 percent sensitivity will make you jam down the airbrake button to get full airbrake and so on- unless the principle for the accelerator does not apply here.

As I understand it, if you set the sensitivity at lowest (10%), then it makes it closer to the binary 'on/off' - if you go further and set the airbrakes to the top two shoulder buttons as well, you might find it easier still. Even with the little plastic trigger adapters I found it more hard for a double tap.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Correct, insertcoin, it's exactly the opposite way of how Virtical described it. If you set it to 100%, you have the finest response to slight pressing, but you really gotta press hard for full effect. If you set it to 10%, even a slight tap will give you full effect.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Virtical

aha! i thought it might be the other way around after posting that >.<, i never really played with it, mapped them straight to L/R1 cause i dont like the feel of the triggers, ta for the info!