Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HD's AI

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Question HD's AI

Is anyone else finding the new 'Elite' AI really really hard to beat? Especially on Chenghou? it just took me about 25mins and 7 or 8 tries to beat it in the second grid....

They do make you work, yes. I think it`s cool that you have to fly reasonably fast just to catch them. In one race I saw the leading ship holding a plasma, waiting for me to pass, so I had to make sure to take him out before I went past. Touches like that are quite impressive AI.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I was being brutalized at the back of the field in 7th 8th place, unable to catch the leaders! it takes some extremely crafty flying and some precise weaponwork to beat them, for sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

While I do appreciate the really hard AI, I think it takes it a little too far sometimes. Try a race on Sebenco Climb Phantom with Elite AI and you'll know what I am talking about. They fly lines that are impossible - and I'm not saying that as a noob. I did a couple of perfect laps, all speed pads, really nice line, and still got passed by AI ships (no turbo pickups involved). Autopilots really become valuable then, when you activate them you are somehow a lot faster than racing the same line yourself. Something's not perfectly straight here...

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I like having competent AI. i found the pure/pulse AI lacking in competitiveness, and i was constantly winning races by 3 seconds or more. This AI im fighting till the end, and then some. Sure, it can be a little bullshit at times, but patches can fix obvious discrepancies, cant they?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Elite difficulty sounds very tantalizing. My biggest complaint about XL was the AI felt brain dead, very rarely when playing Wipeout do I ever feel like I'm really working for a victory...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Elite is really hard this time, good luck on finishing first the first time. It does take some practice, but I managed to beat them eventually. Of course it takes a good dose of luck too, you don't want to be hit by weapons' fire too much.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've dropped the AI down to Skilled, Elite are just too brutal and you feel like breaking something when they press the bullshit buttons.. The Skilled AI still give you a really good race without the frustration.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Elite Ridiculously savage. So much more difficult than Pulse's Hard AI

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

The AI is clearly the most advanced for a WipEout game, but there are times where I find it programmed similar to that of 2097... well not entirely...

I feel as though still the AI is doing enough to stay in front of you for the majority of the way... where 2097 is that you couldn't get into first until "Lap X"... so if you go crap, you have no chance, but even if you are flying well, they are either still in front of you early on... and towards the end, they are right there and/or getting reasonable catch up to make sure you work for it...

oh well, it's a challenge... and that's what it's supposed to be, but like all there are times where you feel robbed because you know that shouldn't have happened...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Angry

IMO the elite AI is really too hard especially on Chenghou!
    Like said above, the AI is too fast! it's a bit like Mario kart: the AI cheats to be competitive. I HATE this method!
    The ships' capacities are not respected: take a Goteki and everyone will thrust better than you, take an Icaras and you'll be overtaken in straight line!
    Moreover, the AI taking a hit (rockets for ex) doesn't slow down as much as a player would, which is very frustrating. Yes, FRUSTRATING is the word, as in Mario Kart!
    Also, in a good "hard mode" I think a GOOD player should be able to win almost any race, which is, IMO,not the case here. The amount of luck needed is too important.
    As a consequence, the "arcade perfect" trophy is gonna be a tough one to get.

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Yeah i know where u guys are coming from..My poor pad is suffering as a result lol...i had to turn the game off and chill it p£$$%d me off that much

the thing thats dissapointing is that the elite AI is set so high that it comes down to luck with weapons, on TOP of taking great racing lines that lets you beat it. Well at least thats how it seems to me as I was lucky with Chengou, I got a couple of quakes at the starting lap which let me overtake early and breakaway!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

oh YES it's insane. I really hope it's just because we started last thursday. I'm really afraid to begin a phantom race in the meldown grid now, after all the hours already spent to get all the elite gold before... I've clearly the feeling the AI is cheating to spare time in a lap, guns are the unique chance to get the lead... Hope to laugh about that thread in 6 months!

so do I, means we'll all have gotten better at piloting

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

ColdRem's, I was thinking about the same thing for the ship capacities. They are really not respected. I know how you feel, but keep practising guys and eventually the luck/skill balance will be, well, more balanced.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    While I do appreciate the really hard AI, I think it takes it a little too far sometimes. Try a race on Sebenco Climb Phantom with Elite AI and you'll know what I am talking about. They fly lines that are impossible - and I'm not saying that as a noob. I did a couple of perfect laps, all speed pads, really nice line, and still got passed by AI ships (no turbo pickups involved). Autopilots really become valuable then, when you activate them you are somehow a lot faster than racing the same line yourself. Something's not perfectly straight here...
    Agreed. I've seen this on many occasions. I'm thinking maybe its my pitch? but it turns out it wasn't. it still did the same thing for some weird reason.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Angry

This is great news! I am not alone...
    Raced Chenghou last night with Elite opponents. A lot of swearing was involved I can tell you, until the 20th try or something. I finally got that gold medal but man!, you really have to take all speed pads, all possible barrel rolls plus a couple of turbos to make it! Once, I was second place in the last corner with a quake. Guess who got pissed off when I accidentally absorbed it! This game just might be to much for me to handle...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just raced the Elite AI again on Chenghou while going for the Elite Campaign Master Trophy. It does honestly seem to me that the game determines before the start of the race whether it is possible for you to win or not. I had an excellent race, hitting every speed pad, barrel rolling wherever I could, even a couple of turbos thrown in. I finished 6th with absolutely no hope of catching anyone in front of me. I then had another go, putting in nearly the same race time, and won.

Logic defies me...

PSN ID
    Nunalho

The AI in ELITE is soo damn hard, i wonder if i ll get that trophy...