Thread: Online Ranking and Pilot Assist.

PSN ID
    WTFish

Default Online Ranking and Pilot Assist.

Is there a way to see rankings online on your computer? I am having a hard time reading the times on my crappy TV and I am interrested in seing who is in first, as you can't scroll up and see people above you.

Also, Pilot Assist....I think it's totally unfair that people with PA get to be on the same boards as people who race clean.

On a sidenote; I was trying to do campaign but my TV is so crappy (I have no remote or any other controls), that Zone was a nightmare when the red color kicked in. I had to navigate by luck and distant speedpads that were blue. Maybe this is the incentive to get a new TV?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Maybe it's just me, but Pilot assist hurts me more than helps me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Hmm, so perhaps the bottom half of the table is for people with PA on, and the top half for those without? 8 D

More seriously, just how high up the table can you get with PA on? I can see a PA challenge appearing in the Arena forum at some point in the future. 8 )

PSN ID
    narren

There’s simply no way pilot assist users are going to be able to post respectable times; it becomes a hindrance opposed to a performance booster.

That said it has its uses when grinding out trophies if that’s your thing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

There's also a speed penalty if assist has to pull you off the walls.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Haha, I just played Anulpha Pass with the pilot assist on, jump on the narrow straight leading to the end of the lap and just tap left or right and watch pilot assist freak out

PSN ID
    Axellink

lol! i was wondering why some crafts were doing that online.

Do you think there are heaps of newbies to the series online?? Because I hardly ever lose, I played all last night and never lost a tournament and probably won about 45 out of 50 races, It's great news if there are heaps of newbs playing as wipeout lost it's mainstream appeal for awhile, So im betting Wipeout HD is good enough to bring it back.

Yes, there are heaps of newbies online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Miths000

Have anyone else noticed that something like three out of five additionally seem to clueless that they don't start races they host, even with a full room?
    I just took a quick twenty minutes online, and I ended up in no less than seven rooms - with seven different hosts - where they were just sitting there until people started leaving, and still nothing happened.
    I only managed to get four actual races done.

PSN ID
    WTFish

Yes I hate that - and then there are the people who have a hard time choosing a ship and just cycle through them all for what seems like several minutes.
    There should be a kick function for that kinda stuff , but I guess if you were the host you could just start the game anyway and he'd be stuck with whatever ship he's cycling through.

I have not tried PA myself yet. Did not know that it could be such a hinderance but it's good to know that you can't get up there with your stats with PA activated.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'd say up to flash speed, Pilot Assist is quite humble if you are racing ok, even lets you come pretty close to the walls for cutting corners, only 'helping' when you are really about to mess up. In rapier and phantom, however, PA will mess you up if you're trying to race for times. It just jerks you around when you least expect it, so don't worry about people 'cheating' their times on the higher speeds - there's no way to go real fast with PA on.