Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Is This just Pure On PS3???

PSN ID
    Axellink

Hahahaha so true. We can never say never. Anything can happen in this Industry. but there is always a chance that SL could break away and take their IP's with them (Sony willing). But thats unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    Just like Sonic would never run on a Nintendo console? ;-)
    That only happened because SEGA went out of the console business, and had to start making games for other people's consoles in order to survive. This is highly unlikely to happen to Sony.

------

Axel, how is SL going to break away when Sony owns them 100 percent? They're not a contract house. And Sony owns the IP, too.

[tries to envision SL buying itself back] hmm... I can't see it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

*pictures Colin, Egg, Crob, captaingrim and the SL gang in Kutaragi's office*

"Cmon Ken...please...pretty please???...pretty pretty please with a cherry on top???...how bout I race you for it???"...*cracks out SIXAXIS and fires up HD*
    Last edited by Lance; 27th September 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: USELESS QUOTATION ELIMINATED

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    how is SL going to break away when Sony owns them 100 percent? They're not a contract house. And Sony owns the IP, too.
    Remember Curly Monsters Ltd.? Just because it can't be called Wipeout doesn't mean it can't embody its spirit, all legalities aside. It's a question of timing, the will to navigate the legal minefield and most importantly having a large enough (genre) audience (which seems to be pre-dominantly in the European region).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

My exact thoughts on a Rollcage Resurrection...but then...I'm wandering off topic here...*hits airbrake, does a barrel roll, and steers back onto track*
    Last edited by Lance; 28th September 2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: USELESS QUOTATION ELIMINATED. READ THE GUIDELINES AND FOLLOW THEM

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Quote Originally Posted by HydrogLox View Post
    Remember Curly Monsters Ltd.?
    sure do... if only they were still making wipeout-type games

HydrogLox, of course I remember Curly Monsters, but that was a new company, not one owned by Sony. Nick Burcombe, co-creator of the original WipEout plus a few other members who had worked at SL back in the old days, started an entirely new company. The game they created was not WipEout nor could it be called WipEout and that is the only reason why it was on another console. SL and Wipeout are firmly in the 'hands' of Sony.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    SL and Wipeout are firmly in the 'hands' of Sony.
    and so are curly monsters for that matter

Well, at least Nick is working for SL again. How locked-in he is would be another matter.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Curly was founded by Andy Satterthwaite, Nick B, Lee Carus, Neil Thompson, Martin Linklater and Chris Roberts (a programming legend by all accounts ).

The last 5 are all back at Liverpool and you'll find them all (except Andy who's in NZ at Sidhe) in the credits for HD.

edit: Except for Nick, who you won't find actually...
    Last edited by Crob; 28th September 2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: incorrect

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

To answer the poster's question, since the mods and the devs have done a good job of getting away from it (), this is not just PurE on PS3. This is much more than PurE. So much more that it is indescribable, you have to try it out for yourself to understand, and that means you have to get a PS3

Last edited by Lance; Today at 09:00 PM. Reason: USELESS QUOTATION ELIMINATED. READ THE GUIDELINES AND FOLLOW THEM <<= it's just getting funny IMHO

PSN ID
    Crobweb

...and I was about to say, only Linky worked on Pure, so of course they're very different in that respect.

(see I was on topic, you just didn't let me finish...)

Your admirable humility is noted, Mr. Roberts.

And thanks for the detail.

[I wish CM had survived. You guys were doing excellent things. N`Gen Racing included.]

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

N-Gen Racing... now that brings back memories. It was very awesome back then, the lesser part of the futuristic weapon racing game trinity of WipEout, Rollcage and N-Gen on PSOne. N-Gen was one unique game and back then I liked the soundtrack, although my tastes might've changed over the years. Some tracks were addicting (Cook Islands and its massive shortcut) while some were terrible (Kohn Lake Raceway, never liked it). And SR-71 was THE aircraft!

Oh, sorry about the offtopic, I was just reminiscentin'.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I wanted to see what would come of Quantum Redshift Solaris. Especially on the Three-Six-Oh.

It was a fun game with a good concept ruined by cutscenes that were tragically bad. (Maybe a comic book style would suit it best.)

Oh well.

The first post is a trolling attempt, right? Please tell me it is. -_-

Timezone
    GMT + 8

If that first post was a trolling attempt, then I'd say succesful troll was sucessful!

I'd love to play HD, but, like a few other people here, can't afford/justify buying a PS3 for one game. Most of the other games I'd want I already own on my xbawks. (Although I'd get UT3 again, pretty good no user content there, microsoft...)

I've seen a few screenshots and...and...it looks beautiful! I might see if my local Gametraders store has it on their PS3. (****, I'd never leave...)