Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

Default "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

Has anyone else looked at the 'Records'?

When you do a GLOBAL view, the square button is ment to take you to "My Ranking", but it doesn't work.

If I choose a track and do a PERSONAL view, I can see that I have times, but if I go to the GLOBAL view, it starts at position 1, and I can go to "my ranking".

Interestingly, after playing around, i have found that for the track "VINETA K" the list auto sorts to my rank (which is currently a disappointing 2597).. If I scroll up/down and then hit "square" it takes me back to my rank.. So, the feature kind of works.

But for other tracks, my rank isn't shown!

Jon

Edit: After playing with the records some more, I think the problem is on the server, rather than with the game itself.. If I look at another track (i.e ANULPHA PASS) my personal best is 1:56.75.. If I then scroll down the GLOBAL rankings and get to 1:56.75 I am not shown.

I notice, at the end of the leaderboards, there are 100s of players with times showing -.- and nothing against 'team' or 'speed pads'.

I wonder if the server is simpy processing 1000s of stats and hasn't entered them into the leaderboard yet? Or worse.. Perhaps there is a problem with the stats and these times are lost?
    Last edited by jweaver; 25th September 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I would take a wild guess that the boards where you don't see the time are created on a regular time interval (every hour or something) and haven't been re-generated recently. Check again tomorrow, see if it's up then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yeah so strange, after the first few races I did it gave me the possibility to hit square and see my record compared to the worldrecords. After a break of 10 min. starting the game again this feature was gone!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You just have to make sure you connect to the servers by clicking on 'online' before you start playing campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The first time I fired up the game I didn't press online and eventhough I had this option with square! I will try it this afternoon. Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I have the same problem after finishing a race in campaign. Sometimes I can see global highscore with the squarebutton, and sometimes i cant. Mostly it works though.. seems random.

That might make sense..

Last night, I played the campaign mode, then looked at records and I was not ranked.

I then went online and had a few games then switched off.. When I came back, I played 'campaign' some more, but didn't go online and after this noticed that my records now showed a rank against the first track.

I have a feeling that the rank its giving me now, is the result of my first session BEFORE I went online.... I will go online again later and see if my 'times' are updated.

Seems a bit of an oversight for them not to send your times automatically without the need to go 'online'.

Jon

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yeah, maybe synchronize your times when the game loads up. Have it detect for a Internet connection first before doing so.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

ive tried everything and nothing REALLY works. heres what i did. played zone in campaign and racebox in moa therma, AFTER selecting "online" and logging in, got about 96000 the first run, and 104000 something the second run, according to that i should be in first on the global boards for that, but im not on them at all. i also did more runs last night, testing out restarting HD and the ps3 and logging in again, and nothing still on boards, and i have finished first for grids and played plenty online....kinda sucks, but oh well, its wipeout HD!!!!
    ---
    so i've heard apparently if you select the "records" tab something comes up that says "synchronizing records"? because mine doesn't do that...what am i missing?
    Last edited by Task; 26th September 2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Merged two sucessive posts

ok so your time gets submitted to the leaderboards when you do a single race online - however when you do a tourny the races dont get put on the leaderboards, pretty sucky right?

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

It's not just me then!

I should have quite a few times in the Global Board for various race types, but none of them have shown up yet. A mate of mine bought and played the game after me, but his scores are posting.

Ie I have a Speed Lap for Vineta K on Rapier Speed at 24:40, which currently should put me in 2nd place globally after 24:23 in 1st and before 25:83 which is the current 2nd.

Other than this issue, the stuttering custom music and the text being a little too small on an SD TV, so far Wipeout HD is a really good game...

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yeah I guess you can't go by the Global scores as well. I'm sure many people have beaten the scores on there. I'm sure SL will sort things out on Monday. For the weekend, they can relax for a good days work

The ranking tables are slowly starting to catch up afaik

But it will take a few days for the inital server surge to sort itself out

Most times I got last night have now appeared on the tables

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

I haven't seen any of my times from last night on the Global list.

Hopefully it's not an issue with my game install, but just the server as you say taking its time cos the game is just too popular and hence overloading the infrastructure...

Well I cant guarantee it, but times have been appearing thoughout the day, its taken nearly 20hrs for my times to start coming through in that time some friends have seen their times go up quicker. I think things will settle down soon enough.

Regarding any other potential issues, such as the freezing some folk had yesterday, some info is seemingly being given out here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...ending&page=15

Such as

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Right then guys - an update for you!

The issue revolves around your friends list - if you have 50 or more friendsthen Wipeout will crash when you attempt to move from one menu to another. Dont worry - this is not an issue with the PlayStation Network! It will likely require a minor software update.

The Gaming Team and Studio Liverpool have been notified, and are working very hard to bring you such an update.

In the mean time, there are some work-arounds I'd like to confirm for you:

Firstly, you can play the game with no problems offline. To do this, you can either disconnect your console from the internet, or neglect to sign-in when you start up your PS3.

Second, if you do wish to play online and are having these issues - try creating an alternative account. Be sure to keep that account's friends list under 50 though.

Finally, you can reduce the number of friends you have to below 50.

My personal recommendation is that you create an alternate account, and let your buddies know your new PSN via the Wipeout forum. I wouldn't want you all to go deleting your buddies!!!! I will set up a thread for this if you like - let me know here.

Once again, we're working solidly to get this sorted!!! I'll keep you updated - thanks to you all for being so patient.
    MB
    >>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

I'm not sure what the turn around time will be on a potential fix, the sooner the better I hope (obviously). I know when I left work today there were guys working on it so fingers crossed it will be solved and tested asap

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

I can't see any of my times online at all, even after I've been online then went and played some racebox

Annoying because I had a 20.12 time on Phantom - Vineta K. (I actually hit a 19.98 but the electricity in my house turned off ><) And that would have put me top of the (small) leaderboard for that speed lap.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Cheers Colin, will all local times hit the leadboards in the end then? Some of my online listed times are shamful compares to my improvements that only appear on personal/local.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Hopefully my zone score on Anulpha sticks. If it updated my score right now, I'd be #9 on the leaderboard. The hard thing about this is that I think I'm doing well, but how many other people haven't uploaded that have done better.

Ah well, sounds like it will work itself out in a few days.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded
    The only time mine did that was when when i had previously manually disconnected from PSN and the next time i loaded up wipeout HD (after 1-2 days of not playing (was away ) ) it showed that message. But i've had it update without showing that message too, (and it didn't even update EVERYTHING when that message DID show). So i wouldn't worry too much!