Thread: "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

Has anyone else looked at the 'Records'?

When you do a GLOBAL view, the square button is ment to take you to "My Ranking", but it doesn't work.

If I choose a track and do a PERSONAL view, I can see that I have times, but if I go to the GLOBAL view, it starts at position 1, and I can go to "my ranking".

Interestingly, after playing around, i have found that for the track "VINETA K" the list auto sorts to my rank (which is currently a disappointing 2597).. If I scroll up/down and then hit "square" it takes me back to my rank.. So, the feature kind of works.

But for other tracks, my rank isn't shown!

Jon

Edit: After playing with the records some more, I think the problem is on the server, rather than with the game itself.. If I look at another track (i.e ANULPHA PASS) my personal best is 1:56.75.. If I then scroll down the GLOBAL rankings and get to 1:56.75 I am not shown.

I notice, at the end of the leaderboards, there are 100s of players with times showing -.- and nothing against 'team' or 'speed pads'.

I wonder if the server is simpy processing 1000s of stats and hasn't entered them into the leaderboard yet? Or worse.. Perhaps there is a problem with the stats and these times are lost?
    Last edited by jweaver; 25th September 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I would take a wild guess that the boards where you don't see the time are created on a regular time interval (every hour or something) and haven't been re-generated recently. Check again tomorrow, see if it's up then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yeah so strange, after the first few races I did it gave me the possibility to hit square and see my record compared to the worldrecords. After a break of 10 min. starting the game again this feature was gone!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You just have to make sure you connect to the servers by clicking on 'online' before you start playing campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The first time I fired up the game I didn't press online and eventhough I had this option with square! I will try it this afternoon. Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I have the same problem after finishing a race in campaign. Sometimes I can see global highscore with the squarebutton, and sometimes i cant. Mostly it works though.. seems random.

That might make sense..

Last night, I played the campaign mode, then looked at records and I was not ranked.

I then went online and had a few games then switched off.. When I came back, I played 'campaign' some more, but didn't go online and after this noticed that my records now showed a rank against the first track.

I have a feeling that the rank its giving me now, is the result of my first session BEFORE I went online.... I will go online again later and see if my 'times' are updated.

Seems a bit of an oversight for them not to send your times automatically without the need to go 'online'.

Jon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Indeed the feature is broken because I got the 7th on a time attack on metropia (frenzy capain) ^_~

Pretty proud of myself tough since I've got to see eLhabib name and I am (was ?) the first Assegai ship in ranking.

So I hope it is working ;รพ

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I wonder when will they fix it...i am looking at my records and they are 4 days old.

Hmm, I have some number one rank times - it's been 24 hours since, and I'm not on the boards yet.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

yeah still waiting for sundays times.. i had a 3rd place speed lap then, probably 3003 by now

someone needs to kick the server harder

the thing is pretty much everyone who posts here will be quite relaxed about this, and to a certain extent the >50 friends problem. but to the hoards posting on the US and EU PS forums the situation is different, would be good to have some Sony PR happening there before ppl either get fed up and stop playing, or read the many ZOMG wipeout crashes threads and never bother trying it in the first place. which is bad for all of us..
    Last edited by rushin; 30th September 2008 at 11:30 PM.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Hehe the most obvious thing that says it isn't working is that some of my times (not uploaded yet) are faster than the fastest. And that's not going to happen!