Thread: "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

It's not just me then!

I should have quite a few times in the Global Board for various race types, but none of them have shown up yet. A mate of mine bought and played the game after me, but his scores are posting.

Ie I have a Speed Lap for Vineta K on Rapier Speed at 24:40, which currently should put me in 2nd place globally after 24:23 in 1st and before 25:83 which is the current 2nd.

Other than this issue, the stuttering custom music and the text being a little too small on an SD TV, so far Wipeout HD is a really good game...

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yeah I guess you can't go by the Global scores as well. I'm sure many people have beaten the scores on there. I'm sure SL will sort things out on Monday. For the weekend, they can relax for a good days work

The ranking tables are slowly starting to catch up afaik

But it will take a few days for the inital server surge to sort itself out

Most times I got last night have now appeared on the tables

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

I haven't seen any of my times from last night on the Global list.

Hopefully it's not an issue with my game install, but just the server as you say taking its time cos the game is just too popular and hence overloading the infrastructure...

Well I cant guarantee it, but times have been appearing thoughout the day, its taken nearly 20hrs for my times to start coming through in that time some friends have seen their times go up quicker. I think things will settle down soon enough.

Regarding any other potential issues, such as the freezing some folk had yesterday, some info is seemingly being given out here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...ending&page=15

Such as

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Right then guys - an update for you!

The issue revolves around your friends list - if you have 50 or more friendsthen Wipeout will crash when you attempt to move from one menu to another. Dont worry - this is not an issue with the PlayStation Network! It will likely require a minor software update.

The Gaming Team and Studio Liverpool have been notified, and are working very hard to bring you such an update.

In the mean time, there are some work-arounds I'd like to confirm for you:

Firstly, you can play the game with no problems offline. To do this, you can either disconnect your console from the internet, or neglect to sign-in when you start up your PS3.

Second, if you do wish to play online and are having these issues - try creating an alternative account. Be sure to keep that account's friends list under 50 though.

Finally, you can reduce the number of friends you have to below 50.

My personal recommendation is that you create an alternate account, and let your buddies know your new PSN via the Wipeout forum. I wouldn't want you all to go deleting your buddies!!!! I will set up a thread for this if you like - let me know here.

Once again, we're working solidly to get this sorted!!! I'll keep you updated - thanks to you all for being so patient.
    MB
    >>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

I'm not sure what the turn around time will be on a potential fix, the sooner the better I hope (obviously). I know when I left work today there were guys working on it so fingers crossed it will be solved and tested asap

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded
    The only time mine did that was when when i had previously manually disconnected from PSN and the next time i loaded up wipeout HD (after 1-2 days of not playing (was away ) ) it showed that message. But i've had it update without showing that message too, (and it didn't even update EVERYTHING when that message DID show). So i wouldn't worry too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Finally, you can reduce the number of friends you have to below 50.
    I've read in a few places today, that most people have had equal success by reducing their friend lists to 60.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Meh, just got to zone 60 on Moa Therma (mach 1 speed, wooooah) and got around 11000 points but it's not updated on the time tables. Still, that was an awesome experience!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Can anyone tell me why my game doesn't seem to synch with the ranking tables anymore? It used to do so everytime I went to the records section on thursday, but not anymore, even though I have tons of new records since...