Quote Originally Posted by Shizumapower View Post
    Studio LEEDS = GODS
    That's right! Neither of them exist!

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post

I now have a new favourite online quote!

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

oh my. have managed to tear myself away from HD, can see tracks when i close my eyes even after sleeping.

It is impossibly good, thank you so much SL for a very big lump of awesomeness. I have no idea how i am supposed to go to work on monday

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ryuuku

Thanks to everyone at SL, the game is clearly a must have. Even better than what i expected thanks to online mode !

Does anybody knows how well it sells ?

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Interesting.

I actually thought I'd do the same as soon as it launched, but since I haven't really enjoyed playing WipEout since WipEout 3 SE it's made it pretty easy to for me to ignore it.

Still, like Mad-Ice said somewhere else, it does feel kind of strange that almost every single person on my friends list is playing HD right now and I'm the admin of the fan site who cant bring himself to buy it.

Kind of has me wondering about the point of running a fan site for something I don't appear to have a passion for any longer.

****ing barrel rolls - I really do rue the day.

like yourself i'm a BIG fan of the oldies, feel like they've veered off from what wipeout meant in style and design recently, but i'd give HD a look. someone else mentioned it's a step in the right direction...which i personally feel is true...i just hope for a new game and another step in that direction...and maybe backwards, with regard to certain things.

still i'd give it a go.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Got into some split-screen multiplayer today...although there is a noticeable drop in the framerate...the reaction times when controlling the ships are in tact and tight...very cool...

The sense of speed is amazing...everything flies by with weapon effects and everything without a hitch...slowdown...or pop-ups...

Very nicely done SL...me and my bro are having some really cool heated WipEout battles...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Shizumapower

Doh!! Got my studios mixed up [very embarrassing]! Lost in the excitement of WOHD

Bows down to Studio LIVERPOOL.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I second that, I AM GOD... haha... You shall bow down to me little one...

My opinion is that if Infoxicated were in the lead of Wipeout's all out directions, Wipeout would be perfected...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Lets not get carried away with ourselves!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

haha, maybe not such a good idea there Chill - the rules of the resultant game might be overlooked by newcomers to the series, resulting in flaming en masse and some serious banh4mm0r plasma weapons!!

Contender Eliminated

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

Foxxy should never be allowed to make decisions about Wipeout games. His first rule would be to block Bohemian Rhapsody being included in any custom playlists...

Timezone
    GMT + 12

haahaha!

IS THIS THE REEEEAAL LIIIIFE? IS THIS JUST FAAANTASSSSSYYY?
    Caught in a laaandsliiiide...NO ESCAPE FROM REEEALLITYYYYYYY....

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

You do know that Foxxy will probably ban you for that ....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by cybrpnk View Post
    Got into some split-screen multiplayer today...although there is a noticeable drop in the framerate...the reaction times when controlling the ships are in tact and tight...very cool...
    I think the framerate are that much worse that I cant play it at all. I thought it was sad to hear splitscreen wouldnt work online but now when I cant stand playing it at all that is not an issue anymore hehe.

But I want to thank you guys for a, maybe not perfect but, reeally reeally good game! Thanks! And for this price its ****ing awesome. =P

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Haha, if i was him i would too - did you not see how terribly i was singing just then?

Meanwhile, the original topic had completely derailed and concertina'd into a bank - largely due to my singing....thanks for wrestling it back there, Skvall

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

WipEout HD is my first WipEout after #1 on the PlayStation.
    So everything like Zone etc. is pretty new to me and its thrilling me so much.

I agree with most posts here, thank you SL, WipEout HD makes the PS3 feel more like PlayStation again.
    Incredible what you guys have done with a friggin download game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gracer View Post
    Haha, if i was him i would too - did you not see how terribly i was singing just then?
    Your pitch control was off.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by captaingrim View Post
    His first rule would be to block Bohemian Rhapsody being included in any custom playlists...
    Heh!

I still haven't heard it, you know - last year I was purposely going out of my way to not hear it, but this year I haven't actually had to run from anywhere with my fingers in my years, so that's over a year and a half I've made.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

How could you not like Bohemian Rhapsody! Are there any traumatic events involved?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

No, I just think it's the most over-rated song in the history of everything ever. This is way off topic, though, so if you're really interested: click here.

Back on the subject of the game, well, I bought it after some quiet assurances from Colin, so there you go. It truly is the barrel roll festival that I'd feared - the gameplay is ****ed due to that now and it really doesn't look like there's any way back. So I might as well enjoy it for what it's worth, and, fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can get £11.99 out of it.