Thread: Phantom

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

Default Phantom

Phantom in HD feels abit slower as in pulse.
    you really have 2 get the speed pads and BR your ass of for a fast feeling or is it me being a nab ?
    anyone else has this feeling?

imo super phantom in wo;hd feels like phantom in wo;pulse..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

****, your already unlock phantom already. It appears that i have a lot of catching up to do.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by cnmth View Post
    Phantom in HD feels abit slower as in pulse.
    The size of your screen has everything to do with that. Playing Pulse on my 42" HDTV over component makes Phantom seem glacial.

- F

Hm... that means that sitting closer to a smaller screen would also have that effect.

Which would concern/interest me because I usually have to sit close to focus well on the screen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Could we pray for a Zen speed class then?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Not for me - if the size of the screen is a direct indicator of how fast it feels, Zen would be almost uncontrollable!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

If you want my 2cents about that possible higher speed : i'd like to have one for sure which is faster than phantom but do my eyes can 'handle' this? i mean when racing zone mode up to 30 it's ok eyes are not suffering but past zen / subsonic it's terrible : eyes are fully red , crying and so ( at least teardrops are not falling down the mini screen of psp while i was racing zone mode pure or pulse ).
    I also noticed last weekend when i invited friends at home discovering HD even most of those are sober and non-smoker their eyes were bloody red : but ermmm they played a lot and screens were big

PSN ID
    Axellink

I thought I was the only one. I always need to take a break every hour cause my eyes feel like giving way lol. But Phantom is really cool. A higher speed would be crazy and may 'break' the game. Once your off, you wont be caught as weapons wont travel too far etc.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

I think it's mostly a case of not being able to blink after sub-sonic, because that seriously screws up your perfect line!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

That's what I was thinking, too. My girl watched me the other day while playing Zone, and she said after Zone 40 I didn't blink a single time!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

is strange i still demanding the same questions in the past two days , switching to play between wpHD and w3o continuosly it seems to me that HD is slower...expecially when you race in the phantom class , this class in hd don't seems fast as w3o, am i wrong ? i still thinking it was just my impression before read this thread...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Phantom in w3o and 2097 is definitely faster than in HD, but you can't really compare it, the physics play a big part in this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I still miss a speed class that feels "irresponsibly fast" as compared to "just very fast". Same problem here, though. I need to take a break when playing HD for a while. Really irritating on the eyes in higher classes. I suggest a new HUD warning message every 30 seconds: "BLINK!!!" ;-)
    Last edited by G'Kyl; 1st October 2008 at 06:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I think the track design plays a big part in the feeling as well. Even on the twisty tracks, you still get a bit of a flat to readjust before the next turn, most of the time. It adds to the feeling of being slower because you have a split second to get back on line.