Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's BROKEN!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    I've been playing HD for about 5 hours straight now, with tons of buddies in my list online, and didn't experience any troubles at all. Dunno what the fuzz is about...
    Hey Habib....I'm on 20% of the main dl at the moment...i accidentally installed the unlock first...

What order did you install yours in??? or doesnt that matter??? Cause I'm thinking of redownloading the unlock file after I've downloaded the main one...

Hope the dl finished before I have to head off to work...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 25th September 2008 at 09:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Wipeout hd is not working for me. Im in the US and I cant even get it into the game. Its frozen on me every time I've tried so far, and thats about 10 times. It freezes in the options menu and also when I try to go to Campaigne mode, online mode, or racebox.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Actually, it's now pretty much confirmed that the real problem is the friends list: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/09/...out-hd-broken/

Deleting friends gets the game working. If the key file were the problem, it wouldn't start the game at all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Seems like people have success playing offline as well.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Yes, logging off of PSN works as well.. but of course, only for offline gameplay. Each time you log back on and play, you freeze.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

im downloading it as we speak!!!! so excited guys!!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

I don't think I'll be playing it online until there's a patch. I have to first delete 50 people and somehow stop people from sending me friends requests... argh.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Default acceleration sensitivity is 30% which means you need to press down X quite hard to actually move max speed - even at 80% sensitivity i see it drop to 67% speed when i want to go full speed - crazy! im going to try upping it to 90%

-mics dont work - league tables havent updated properly for me in a long time

apart from that, working really well - but for goodness sake, 30%?! who batters their controllers these days...

What an awesome game this is. I got my copy ('copy') earlier today, it took 1 hour 45 mins to download, but it was worth it. My favourite team is Goteki 45 (suprise suprise) and i've only had the game crash once online.

I noticed the leaderboards wouldnt update for me though- I was 5 seconds off the world record for Chengou Project on Venom, so i replayed it a couple of times and set 1:58, which was better than the 1:59 1st place. But as far as I know my new record still hasnt updated and im still 5th :/ .

Teething problems though, really. I mean, the game is stunning, best racing game of 2008.

Dammit, all the positive raves [even in the ^Broken^ thread] are driving me crazy. This game is the only reason for me to get a PS3, and that is way expensive, not even counting the new tv to see it properly, and any other auxiliary goodies needed. If I could actually shriek, I'd insert a frustrated shriek }here.{

Sorry for offtopic rant. Carry on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

DO IT, Lance. DO IT!

I am downloading the game as we speak, so can't speak to any problems. But Neogaf is alight with folks with freezing problems, again apparently due to having too many friends.

Luckily (?!) I just got my PS3 and have no friends :/

You could always get a phone contract Lance. That's what I did. £30 per month for 9 months, crap phone, free PS3. Affordable and totally worth it for Wipeout HD.

^Same here Frances_Penfold, XD. I'm Wiped89 if you want to add me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post
    Default acceleration sensitivity is 30% which means you need to press down X quite hard to actually move max speed - even at 80% sensitivity i see it drop to 67% speed when i want to go full speed - crazy! im going to try upping it to 90%

-mics dont work - league tables havent updated properly for me in a long time

apart from that, working really well - but for goodness sake, 30%?! who batters their controllers these days...
    you're thinking the wrong way. the higher the percentage, the harder you have to press. if you want to have it totally unsensitive, always giving 100% power set it to the lowest setting!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Thats the first thing I did, I noticed I was moving slower compared to the rest of the field until I applied more pressure than I'd like on the button, I have it on 10%.

HD is a great game, the online is so much better than Pulse, it's almost incomparable.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Yes the game is amazing, I love it, but I can't play online until they patch the friends list issue. And I wish the custom music was actually from the XMB but oh well I can live with it like this I guess. I really want to go online with this game so please get a patch out soon! I have to stay logged out of the PSN to play

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Wip3ou7: Not the news I wanted to hear since I am waiting on pins and needles for an opportunity to buy the system.

Ginger Stephen: Nice to hear the online is far better in HD, I just wouldn't want to be in any sort of proximity on the track where I could be hit with weapons fired by you

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If I may borrow a quote for a minute and change it slightly. The plasma is one size fits all and theres plenty for all of you.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    you're thinking the wrong way. the higher the percentage, the harder you have to press. if you want to have it totally unsensitive, always giving 100% power set it to the lowest setting!
    thanks elhabib!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Dont make people buy very expensive HDMI cables please. :/
    Its only needed if the cable are long.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    nrXic

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Dammit, all the positive raves [even in the ^Broken^ thread] are driving me crazy. This game is the only reason for me to get a PS3, and that is way expensive, not even counting the new tv to see it properly, and any other auxiliary goodies needed. If I could actually shriek, I'd insert a frustrated shriek }here.{

Sorry for offtopic rant. Carry on.
    If you lived close to me I'd invite you over! I live in Alberta, Canada, btw.

And I don't even have it yet, gonna head out and grab a pre-paid credit card (my credit card worked from PS3 launch until early this year, tried everything and it's not going to work again) to pick this up.

So people have been theorizing that issues have to do with:
    • Friend's List size
    • being connected to PSN (similar to GTAIV's issue)

One person claimed to have an original 60Gb console...but it hasn't been verified if it these issues are exclusive to owners of that console.

Maybe it would be nice if people could post some details if they had some issues, something like:

Where did it freeze?: (ie. during an offline race, during an online lobby, etc.)
    How long were you playing before it happened:
    How many friends are on your PSN friends list?:
    What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?:

Y'know stuff like that. Someone else may think of a better little quiz than me. I just centered my Qs around the current theories.

Won't stop me from picking up the game though.