Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's BROKEN!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Dammit, all the positive raves [even in the ^Broken^ thread] are driving me crazy. This game is the only reason for me to get a PS3, and that is way expensive, not even counting the new tv to see it properly, and any other auxiliary goodies needed. If I could actually shriek, I'd insert a frustrated shriek }here.{

Sorry for offtopic rant. Carry on.
    Cmon Lance...I think you should go for gold mate...only if you have the available funds of course...we don't want you eating 2 minute noodles for the next 10 years now do we???

Think about it...the more units we can shift...the more likely SL will create more DLC to support the game...am I right??? wrong??? I don't know...

ot
    }points out that his income is both fixed and small, and that his basic foodstuffs have risen in cost over the last 3 months by 34 to 65 percent.{
    }Damn, but I hope Obama wins{
    btt

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    The plasma is one size fits all and theres plenty for all of you.
    Heh, I like that.

WOHD is working perfectly on my PS3 so far, knock on wood. Hope that it ends up working for everybody else as well

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

i know this is perfeclty intended (probably from destroying the hopes of newcomers) but don't bother turning around to fire of a quake, just ends up going the forward direction

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Quote Originally Posted by nrXic View Post
    Maybe it would be nice if people could post some details if they had some issues, something like:

Where did it freeze?: In any Menu in the game
    How long were you playing before it happened: Right away when I select anything from the menu
    How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: Roughly 75
    What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: OG 60gb

Note; When I sign off of the PSN I am able to play the game without problems. When I'm signed in (with my 50+ friends) the game freezes at every screen, I can't even get into a race of any type.

Thumbs down

At least the ppl with broken versions can get it, the PSN store won't accept the details of any of my credit cards... I only wnat to give them my money.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

I got 1 crash yesterday

After going for a break, I came back and I thought I had a crash and the game had locked up on the online lobby, so I hard-reset the console. Then I realised I had picked up the Sixaxis, which wasn`t assigned, instead of the new Dualshock 3. Need to remind self that I now own 2 wireless controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post
    i know this is perfeclty intended (probably from destroying the hopes of newcomers) but don't bother turning around to fire of a quake, just ends up going the forward direction
    Great news, thanks SL. Though some people will not be happy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hehehe...

This is an unfortunate topic (even with the rather alarmist heading) but, after the disgraceful lack of quality control on Pulse, I can't say I'm hugely surprised. Actually, that's not totally true. With the delays and extra time, something Pulse clearly didn't get, I would have thought that quality control would be better. As a lot of the Pulse issues were drowned out by the initial excitement of a new game, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

In spite of these issues, there are glowing reports of the game itself everywhere.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    Where did it freeze?: In any Menu in the game
    How long were you playing before it happened: Right away when I select anything from the menu
    How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: Roughly 75
    What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: OG 60gb

Note; When I sign off of the PSN I am able to play the game without problems. When I'm signed in (with my 50+ friends) the game freezes at every screen, I can't even get into a race of any type.
    The guys at the AUS playstation forum were reporting the 50 friends [online] glitch,but found they only had it if their computer was signed into the playstation store or the PS forum at the same time as playing online.

Once they logged off the store or forum all was ok.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Haven't encountered any crashes so far, only some slowdown when I start a race (sometimes the countdown takes a long time to start). Other than that it's perfect! I don't have a lot of friends online, yet, though....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

It's been perfectly rock-solid for me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Where did it freeze?: Trying to get online
    How long were you playing before it happened: Any amount of time between immediately starting it up and playing for 4 hours straight.
    How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: about 15
    What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: 40gig from when GTA IV came out

My problem: I can't get online and it always disconnects me from PSN when I am playing...I haven't had this problem with anything else...

edit: I got online just now maybe it was just weird yesterday...reset the modem and the router yesterday too to no effect.
    Last edited by taqili; 26th September 2008 at 04:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Default WipEout HD connection issues

Soooooooo I posted in the It's Broken!! thread about this, but it started working mysteriously. Now it's back to not working, and I am not sure why. I can log in to PSN in the XMB with HD not running, but as soon as I try to go online it errors and logs me out. Any attempt to log in to PSN with the XMB while HD is running just gives more errors. I can quit HD and log back into the PSN just fine, but if HD runs, PSN does not. Any ideas?

PSN ID
    JamboGT

First things first, do you have more than fifty friends in your psn friends list?

Quote Originally Posted by taqili View Post
    Soooooooo I posted in the It's Broken!! thread about this, but it started working mysteriously. Now it's back to not working,~snip~
    Shouldn't this still be in the It's Broken thread?
    Well, it soon will be.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Fair enough Lance. As I said, about 15 friends.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

haven't had any problems here...no crashing....then again...I don't have 50 friends...

about the countdown starting late...I think the game is saving sometimes before the countdown...like data from the previous race...I was waiting for the countdown and the save icon was flashing in the top right hand corner...

got the honour of racing against Asayeah today...half grid and then one on one...on Phantom...this guy is fast...I was always a good 4 second behind him...aw well

back to practising