Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a NeGGie

Default We need a NeGGie

Let's face it. Has any of you seen any controller device similiar to good'ol NeGCon for PS3 ? Maybe we should start spamming Namco for a new neggie? I want a new Negcon pad! You want a Negcon pad! We want a Negcon pad !

btw long time no see. I'm buying PS3 just to play Wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Why don't you just wait till tomorrow night, or better till you definitely know that sixaxis won't do. At least give it a chance.

Uhm, I just can't imagine precise controlling with motion sensors. maybe for pitch and analog for steering.. but you're probably right, I should wait

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

seima~

I think if you dedicate like a week to playing with motion controls, you should be able to get it down to at least intermediate level.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by Perforu View Post
    Let's face it. Has any of you seen any controller device similiar to good'ol NeGCon for PS3 ? Maybe we should start spamming Namco for a new neggie? I want a new Negcon pad! You want a Negcon pad! We want a Negcon pad !)
    I'm with you here. The perfect racing controller for consoles. It nears the precision of steering wheels / pedals without the hassle.

Speaking of steering only it has the best precision / speed of movement tradeoff available, better than steering wheels too.

To me it'a mistery it did not become a standard,

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Does the NegCon work with that Dualshock2-to-PS3-Adapter?

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

Nope it doenst
    Read it somewhere a few months ago but lost the page..

Maybe u can ask this guy if he wants 2 create a device so we can play with our neggies on a ps3
    http://benheck.com/
    He does the weirdest stuff with consoles and controllers.
    Last edited by cnmth; 24th September 2008 at 03:28 PM.

I had the same concern.. maybe there is an adapter capable of dragging Negcon to PS3 era? I doubt though

PSN ID
    Axellink

Meh the neggie never appeaed to me. I love using the Analoge stick

GASP [suspects heresy]

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

I'd buy a neggie for ps3.
    Loved the original to bits (literaly, it was in bits - build quality of them wasn't very good).

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Acht theres already a thread about this, I'm glad theres no such controller for the PS3, more level playing field.

I also dispute this 'need' for one if it wasn't for the speed when you put your nose down experiment bit thats now gone whats the point of using it? Gets rather uncomfortable after a while. This is just a nostalgic thing isn't it?

Nostalgic? I don't think so.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If you ever get the chance to play the newer games you might see what I'm getting at. It's just my opinion that a NeGcon wouldn't make the same great difference it did in the past and is largely unnecessary.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I'd imagine that a controller that's a flight stick would probably be way cooler than a neggie.

Flight stick with buttons on it for one hand, and a sliding bar to adjust thrust on the right hand, with two buttons on that to control the airbrakes.

Anyone wanna help me build it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I'll be using the SIXAXIS in hopes that it will be the "new neggie". I've had alot of success using motion steering for other racing games like motorstorm and f1ce so i dont see how wipeout will be any worse

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    If you ever get the chance to play the newer games you might see what I'm getting at. It's just my opinion that a NeGcon wouldn't make the same great difference it did in the past and is largely unnecessary.
    If the ship has to be steered left-right [and also controlled in pitch at the same time], I'd think the neGcon virtue of high level of precision with neither too much nor too little movement of the control would still be a great benefit. I don't do 100 percent of my steering with airbrakes, so I very much appreciate the fine control given by neGcon.

-----

A small flight-stick controller might be good, but should IMO be much longer than Dual-Shock sticks to give finer control than they do, but much shorter than some of the old arcade sticks.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Namco sold very few neGcons when they were in production. Namco Bandai, even realising how much the value of the controller has risen due to retrogaming, probably wouldn't make a neGcon 2 or anything that isn't a GunCon for that matter.

I think that says how much developers are placing in the SIXAXIS basket.

"Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai's Customer Support Department.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding this. For more information on upcoming products and release dates please visit the Namco Bandai Games website at www.namcobandaigames.com

Please feel free to contact us again in the future as the need arises."

bla bla bla...

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Haha... just thought of the idea... it would've been cool if you could offer a neGcon with the game as like one big buy... But they'd have t o raise money to make them in order for that... too much work...