Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1538

Thread: HD Online Meetings

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

19 hour fasts aint easy Alex no water, no food, no cigarettes even - nada... and I love to smoke while I play wipeout. Besides, I swapped my TV for a 24inch monitor (finally got the beasty PC for video special effects).

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Sad about that Terra but you're doing it right See you in another session.

Well i'm around and about if anyone wants to fly tonight

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Hope you guys had fun (or, if still going, continue to do so ^^ )

@Mosh Food wouldn't be a problem lol, water however
    Don't restart smoking when it's over, it's better for ya (If you smoke)
    And wooot for the new PC, party time!! \(^o^)/

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@terra: i would say, don't stop smoking, if you love it, like you said. because something that you love to do cannot be bad for you
    btw, are you allowed to sleep during the day? that's what i would do to fight the hunger

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    Sad about that Terra but you're doing it right See you in another session.

Well i'm around and about if anyone wants to fly tonight
    I do miss the old days

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    @Mosh Food wouldn't be a problem lol, water however
    Don't restart smoking when it's over, it's better for ya (If you smoke)
    And wooot for the new PC, party time!! \(^o^)/

Cipher
    well, I'm down to only smoking a cig after I break the fast at night after sunset - and it buzzes me out so bad, legs turn to jelly better than weed duuude.

During the day, I don't crave the cigs because I'm too thirsty for water lol. I feel so healthy now and it's only been 10 days. Blood pressure has dropped to normal levels and my adrenaline is.... uh, where is it? I feel detoxed. 20 days left. I'll be superhuman by the end of this.

Fruit is soooo good after a fast, and my taste buds can't explain man, childlike is the best way to explain it. I can taste EVERYTHING as it is meant to be tasted

Quote Originally Posted by JFtheBestJan
    @terra: i would say, don't stop smoking, if you love it, like you said. because something that you love to do cannot be bad for you
    btw, are you allowed to sleep during the day? that's what i would do to fight the hunger
    I have to work fortunately I run a business which is my own, and so, I can take the odd power nap here and there, until the phone rings and brings me out of my stupor - and that sucks really badly. Today for example, I was in my office (I work from home) and decided to have a break, so I layed down on the recliner, put my feet up, dozed off for like all of 7 minutes or thereabouts, then the phone went off - unhappy client - and my throat was so dry when I spoke to him, I felt he may have thought I was feigning some emotion or something. I explained I was fasting and he was like "how do you not eat or drink for 30 days straight? are you even human?" I found that really funny and even laughed, but only ended up sounding like a horse being strangled. Weird schit man. The I explained that when a Muslim fasts, he doesn't eat or drink in the daylight hours at all... 19 hours in the peak of British summertime is a pain in the - well - just plainly painful full stop Can't wait for another ten years when it will be in winter when the daylight hours are shorter This is not easy. But necessitated, my body needs a detox baaaadly.

I think I'll pack up the smoking. It's not working out for me nicotine withdrawal though, is a real beeyatch. Just gonna have to try and deal with it. God give me strength.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Just wanted to say thanks to Maccy, Kronic, eric and Ane for sticking it out on Friday night it was fun

Awesome to see our friends Xtriko and Zones as well, I hope you guys will come back to play with us again soon! I'll be back next Friday.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Alright I won't be around tonight for a Friday night flyabout as I have a BBQ to go to. I'm not sure if eric will be around or not, but I'll be back next week @ 7.30pm (GMT)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I won't make this evening either, Sis is coming over from Paris, nor the week after, cuz then it's the other way around

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 4th July 2015 at 02:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

There are still a few zoners playing at the moment if you want to join.
    See you next time alex, AnECat

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just got a PS3 after a 6 year hiatus. Hit me up if you want to play Wipeout. My PSN ID is my username

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Well come join us on Friday nights Nova, from 7.30pm GMT onwards. All are welcome!

You owe us some races Cipher Hope you have a great time in Paris

Thanks eric, I will be there for sure next week, hope you had fun

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I owe them indeed, the 19th, pinky promise ;p
    & Thx, happy summer holidays to everyone! ^^

Cipher

Edit, noticed the threads got merged to the public section of the forum, cheers whoever did that ^^
    Last edited by Cipher; 4th July 2015 at 05:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Friday at 7Gmt you say? I may start showing up. Seems kinda like a bowling league thing.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

dammit i'm screwed... no TV.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You got so hungry you ate it Mosh?!
    As mentioned before, i won't make this week, next week though!!

Cipher

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Well, I got the PC I wanted but wanted a decent monitor for it... so I sold the TV and put some extra cash in to get the monitor I wanted

I'll prolly get a new tv in late Aug early Sept when I can afford it. I'll be really rusty when I get back so i might have to start off in a the Icaras, coz she handles well... and work back up the beasty fish once I got my legs back

Formula Fusion though, hmmm... I got my eyes on that now, since I have a badass PC now. See specs here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...148#post244148

What you think?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I hate selling stuff which i know i'll have to buy again sooner or later, meaning you'll probably lose a bit of money because you had to sell it as used, so i'd just keep saving up, but that's just me, see you in august/sep!
    As for the comp, that's a beefy build indeed, can't beat me though XD (Only your video card is better (good pick btw, bang for your buck with the 970) mine's 4 years old now), then again, i did spend 3K on it lol
    But it's a damn fine build, hope you thought of great cooling though with the 4GHz processor? (Running a 3.2GHz Hexa here, never goes over 40°C )

Also, this kinda totally off topic, Charlie's gunna come kick our butts, wonder if a "post your system setup" thread would be interesting on here (i freaking love computer building XD), then again, this is wipeout, it's not even related to computers lol, so mibi not
    Here's my build if you fancy a peek; http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-build...dual-boot.html
    (The ram's been upgraded though)

Cipher

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

That is one seriously sexy setup... very impressed.

A question Cipher, isn't the i7 4790k processor better than the i7 3930k?

Rest which I didn't mention is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming5 G1
    Processor fan: Zalman Shark Fin Blade GNPS10X optima Direct Touch Heatpipe
    Power Supply: Zalman Goldrock ZM750-XG 750W
    Bluray: Pioneer BDR-209DBK read & write
    Oh and I forgot to mention the Ram is Ballistix by Crucial 8GB (got 4 of these)

I also have a MAC wired keyboard with numerical keypad like you lol.

I'm not too savvy on building computers to be fair, and got Andybob35 to help me understand all this malarky, which is still a bit like "what is that again?" for me, so I'm pleased you say its a decent setup

Also: SNAP my case is also white, looks like R2D2 disguised as a storm trooper

Total cost was around £1500 UK.

Also, sorry for offtopic guys... Cipher, you're right, a PC Setup thread would be interesting, and now you got me curious as to what Hellfire has

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

They're pretty evenly matched up and your single core performance is definitely much better, 4GHz vs 3.2 on mine, but having 6 cores reduces power consumption and heat generation quite a bit, that as well as having a way better multithreaded performance (obviously, 4 vs 6 cores), but also a big difference is the L1, L2 and L3 cache sizes, (basically CPU memory (to minimise I/O with SDRAM), the bigger it is, the more can be stored and accessed faster)

And, when turbo boosted, my hexa jumps to 3.9GHz, so it's no so far off, however, when you go turbo boost, it jumps to 4.4 (max), which if you compare, is an increase of 400MHz for you, and a 700Mhz for me, that's a difference of 300Mhz.. times 6 8D

It's much pricier though, there was another upgrade for mine, the i3930x (which has another boost to L3 cache size), but the price doubled lol
    Not only that, but mine doesn't have integrated graphics (it relies on graphics card, without it, you have a brick), whereas yours does, but personally i prefer it like this, GPUs tend to get warm and as i mentioned in that build, i prefer running my system coooooool
    And finally, mine's a bit of an odd socket (LGA2011), yours is more compatible, but the socket it has happened to perfectly match the mobo i needed/wanted (which now even has an upgrade, deluxe edition, which i kinda want xD)

My setup is hackingtosh (Running Mac OSX on a non-Macintosh Computer) compatible though, something that's not so easily done (Which was the main criteria when choosing my parts)

And mmmmmmmmmm-mm! I love my case, pure design pickings! Haha! Been wanting to create my own case nowadays though, but what i have in mind isn't cheap, so no go (Wipeout themed lol)

You never mentioned your GFX Card ram though (i hope you went with 2GB or more?)
    Oh and that's a great cooler pick

Charlie posted a pick of his setup not too long ago.... somewhere....

Cipher

ps we should totally stop being off topic in here lol, it's escalating quickly XD *stores away geek glasses he doesn't have*
    pps i had a déjÃ* vue writing this
    ppps and a déjÃ* vue of the déjÃ* vue lol
    pppps would love to see pics of your build (but shoot a PM before the mods or charlie hang us by our computer cable cords LOL)
    ppppps i should totally go to sleep as well
    pppppps this is a long list of post scriptum, i wonder if it's still sensible
    Last edited by Cipher; 10th July 2015 at 01:31 AM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Just ignored all that PC stuff, sorry guys

I be around for the night, from 8pm this week, hope to see some people there