Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Online Meetings

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    oggob

Ok... I've resigned to not play online just yet, I'll be playing offline until there is more info on the Friend's list bug... couple of times now I've not even been able to actually select anything in the menu unless I was offline...

So will be slowly progressing through the campaign mode (currently grinding the trophies for Burnout) and that is nearly done anyway, so I will be putting my full attention to WipEout HD...

Still trying to get used to the ships and a control scheme... find a favourite ship... and etc... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Tuesday it all began and feeling miserable on launchday
    that`s three of us - what`s going on? This is clearly Microsoft black-ops.

I have to say the online play is insanely smooth, even when racing people in the US from here in Europe. However they did this, it`s terrific. Just need to sort out the points thing and other bugs and it will be almost perfect.

Getting rid of backquakes is a great decision. They were funny for 3 weeks in 2005, and after that were just old. Well, maybe they were ok between mates on kai or Pulse online, but in a big PS3 release they would be a disaster with race-spoilers everywhere. And with respawning there`s no tactical reason to have the ability to BQ - you can`t kill your opponent to win anything anyway.

The only messing about I have seen is people switching slow tours to Phantom speed in the lobby - a selfish and dumb practice imo. What makes it even more dumb is that these people can`t usually play phantom anyway and just eliminate themselves. Bizarre behaviour.

I have done my first online death and rebirth. I dropped to from 2nd to 5th place then recovered to finish 3rd. Therefore I think respawning is terrific.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes microsoft black-ops are involved, it just has to be!!! Sorry guys for not being online. I fell asleep, still very tired from the cold I got. I try to be online playing with you all around 20:00 h. Here's to hoping to stay awake.

Lunar about what you said with respawning in races with weapons on I agree, but can you look into the thread I made: racing with weapon off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I hope I can make it at 20:00 - would love to race you guys! How do you meet up online? The messaging system on the PS3 is really slow and useless

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Anyone online now? Just going on now myself. Will create a race so just click on JamboGT!

Ok room created EU Tournament Phantom

PSN ID
    Axellink

Add me Jambo, me and Haymister are slugging it out at the moment

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

And we still are.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Always a pleasure racing against you mate. learned some new racing lines by following you lol. Time to do some speed laps

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Pleasure racing with you fellas, looking forward to trying it again in the future.

Sol 2 ate me alive, looks like I need to practice on the reverse.

PSN ID
    Axellink

lol, no offense, i thought u had gone AFK there cause u killed me in the first three races and totally disappeared in the last one. I knew sol 2 reverse would catch one of u guys out .

As always, nice racing wit you Rubix

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

None taken at all. I hadn't played Sol2 in reverse yet period, let alone on phantom, I was actually surprised I didn't get lapped

Looking forward to the rematch, say tonight or tomorrow night I hope.

PSN ID
    HK-50 / XBL: WipeoutJunkie

I'll be on in a couple of hours if anyone wants a race. And most weeknight evenings.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Cheers to:

eLhabib
    Hellfire
    Stin
    Luengbok
    KIGO
    cmnth
    TheFrostE

Good Races!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Dudes, that one tourney with 8 skilled players AND weapons on was just too much to take for me - I just got trashed from all sides! Next tourney without weapons was a lot different Thanks guys!

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I would like to thank Rubix for that awesome tournament. It's too bad I didn't know the last two courses better. Thanks again!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Thanks for joining. Looking forward to the rematch!

Too bad we went from 6 people to 2 in a matter of 4 races. Can't say that I blame them though, Sebenco Reverse is one evil track, yet I seem to find it much more enjoyable than forwards.
    Last edited by Rubix42; 29th September 2008 at 06:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Its really sad to see this crippled online world on the ps3 when you are used to xbox live yes, I agree. It could be done better than in WOHD though. So im a little dissapointed on that anyway.

I really nag about this but play PGR4 online on xbox 360 and see how things should be. I just want to replace the cars, tracks and physics with wipeout and you have the perfect game. :]

I finally managed to get the PSN store to accept my credit card today, so I'll probably be online most weekday afternoons - weekdays in the UK that is, so round about now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I'll be on at 9:00 EST in the US (I think that's -5 GMT, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hoping we can get a good crew going, I have yet to race with a full tourney of Zone pilots. Also, I plan on making plenty of friend requests using the PSN network thread as I haven't taken time to do that yet.

I have the day off and will be online pretty much all day.

Please feel free to invite me as a friend my ID is SOLLDAGE
    I'll be happy to play with you guys! love this game!