Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1538

Thread: HD Online Meetings

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Haha remember the other day I was telling you about Liquidmodrin?
    LOL...I just ran into him this morning for the first time. He was hosting Rapier races and I recongnized his name from this thread, so I jumped in. Beat him by 4 seconds on Metropia in my first race...promptly got a message from him saying something like, "****ing Icaras noobie racers...you can only win by using weapons and never by skill". I was laughing so hard, as I've always considered Icaras to be an advanced player's ship (low shield, average thrust and handling), not to mention he was piloting Assegai and hit me with mines, rockets and a quake in the next race...LOL. Anyway, I just ignored the message. After a few more races I got a couple of random messages from him complaining about some other pilot and he also let me know he was leaving that room and setting up a new one and to join in. So, I replied back with "Lol" and "ok" and stuff then asked him what was up with his rude comments earlier, to which he basically chuckled and said he was just messing around trying to get a rise out of me after I won...the whole intimidation factor...and we both laughed it off. He's no Chiryu007 after all...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Next time You see him, Tell him Vartazian the "MooseFu**er" says hi!

ever thought he was trying to save face?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Maybe, but I don't care...this is online videogaming anyway, not real life.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

He seemed to take "videogaming" quite seriously.

Oh well maybe we just got off on the wrong foot.I even tried being nice after his little splurge of hate.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

Just Had some Phenominal Races with Silverfox, Oolproo and JaceMC.
    Lol, probably be the last one you and I ever have. I don't think I can take much more 15 second losses

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was playing yesterday ,Chenghou reverse and djKyoto is in the field.

Anyway I get out in front and pretty much stay there for the whole race,but I'm seeing all this "Contender eliminated" alerts coming up really frequently,a lot more than you would normally see,I thought maybe the Taliban had set up road side bombs,it was carnage.

The race ends and I'm looking at the podium and the badges.

All explained - djKyoto-Plazmafier badge ,I couldn't stop laughing.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Was online a few hours back. Saw Kanar in a room, JJ was in there too. Had some good races, then Saturn, Stink, and TarotCardKiller joined the room, then the room went off. Everybody in the Wipeout community then joined in. Really unexpected. ****ing great races guys. Sorry for the other guys PSN inboxs ive spammed, i want to get people into the chatbox and to get into the spirit of things.

But damn! It was an unofficial Avalon event so to speak, huge, great races guys. I love these random off beat get togethers, there is no stress from representing your country or a team, its just you representing yourself and some great fun races. Thats what online racing should be all about. Later

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It was a lot of fun tonight. I was amazed by the amount of zoners logged on. Good races all round. Was good to see Greenix back on the tracks too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

****ING THING SUCKS!

The game froze again.
    ****ing look back bug.
    Why does it always have to happen when I'm enjoying the game the most!!!??? I swear, it will never happen when there's lag you can cut through with a knife, but when everything's perfect, (#@$&^!@#$ ARGH!
    Coming up on the last lap on Metropia forward, I'm 3.4 seconds behind AK-Furtif, I've finally gotten rid of Connavar and I'm in second place, so I looked back to see where Connavar was, go down on the magstrip, switch to front view, freeze before the speed pads before the loop back to horizontal level!!! OMFG! WTH this is so annoying and frustrating

Good games with AK-Furtif, Connavar, Wotan, JJohn, T-Rex, Infinity, Divide... Very spectacular action all around, and thanks for the bling brigade help earlier as well.

Mass Effect time now. Gotta shoot some geth to vent the frustration!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

thx for the races guys & Cat last night, sorry if I didn't stay for long, wanted to save energy for today & 1.40 lol. Really appreciated to chat & race wth you. Would be awesome if the freezes & glitches will be cleared in wipeout & transfered into real life. I could have more time to play. Feel depressed sometimes to see how much time I'm obliged to spend doing boring/nonsense stuffs, instead of...
    Last edited by kanar; 6th May 2009 at 06:47 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've notice that Avalon type races are becoming rather popular amongst none zoners.

I have to give SL a pat on the back for one part of the 1.30 patch,and that's the ability to see who is racing online.
    Before where the races started it looked like there was nobody online as the race disappeared from the lobby board once it started.now there seems to be a lot more zoners meeting up which is brilliant,and a lot more people online which is also a great thing.

The biggest problem atm is having pilot assist left on [If you turn it off a lot of people won't join or if they do they leave after half a lap] and having pilots that are not used to Phantom speed "Pinballing" around the track [and into you,causing craft damage]

Of course we can turn it off once we have a basically full field of zoners,then it's "ON" racing wise,and I'm loving that,some really tough racing against the best.
    I honestly think it has made me a better pilot over the last month playing online so much against other zoners,I went back and did all the cells in Meltdown Campaign against Elite AI and it was a doddle compared to racing some of the pilots here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Granted, having Pilot Assist turned off makes many people shy away, but I still always turn it off - those people using it wouldn't be fun to race against anyway. I'd much rather have a 1on1 with a skilled pilot than 7 PA-users to lap

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Talking

Some top quality racing this afternoon with Peh Hok, Blackwiggle, Designer79, HN9354, Chaos, FGDK and many others whose names escape me.

Far too busy trying to survive in the Warzones that were out there.

Also some good fun no weapons races.

Cheers guys, being out of work seems so much better when having mad races (do you think Studio Liverpool need some test pilots )

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Amazing Races with Wotan, Darkdrium, OBH (First time ever!), Mister Mateo, Redscar, LoudandProud, and Feisar31. Sorry if I forgot anyone! Those were really intense!!!

I almost forgot TheFrostE..... Man He wouldnt stop ighting me up either!
    Last edited by Vartazian; 7th May 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

good races today and still going guys. i wont list names because its not fair for ppl i forget, but you all know who you are !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Yah, that was quite a room of Zoners tonight...awesome stuff...and no glitches!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

I really think patch 1.40 is doing a great job, no glitches at all in the yesterday races. Big thank you to the guys from SL! Online racing is much better now, and i even thought weapon balance is getting better too. Despite Rockets being still a tad too strong IMHO.

Anyone else quite enjoying 7 lap races? It seems it was part of the fun yesterday, cause there is more potential for changes in position. I make it a standard if hosting the game , 5 laps in Phantom already feels to short. Thanks to this awesome community anyway, you guys make for the best gaming experience i ever had.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

A special shout out to Kanar for a certain Ubermall(R) race. Demolition Derby FTW

Thanks to all the guys and girls I raced yesterday. Quality racers all around. I was really rusty when I first logged on, but at the end of the evening my Assegai was shining a bright metal gleam. but why did you have to polish it with rockets...?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by mic-dk View Post
    A special shout out to Kanar for a certain Ubermall(R) race. Demolition Derby FTW
    ah ah true. Cambodia will rule forever now. Thanks for the races guys & girls.
    Last edited by kanar; 7th May 2009 at 09:27 AM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Amazing Races with Wotan, Darkdrium, OBH (First time ever!), Mister Mateo, Redscar, LoudandProud, and Feisar31. Sorry if I forgot anyone! Those were really intense!!!

I almost forgot TheFrostE..... Man He wouldnt stop ighting me up either!
    Pleasure! As was racing everyone else I did yesterday, was on fire early on, then Darkdrium777 was on fiiiirreee late in the day!!

Next time though I hope its just me playing my little bro was determined to be mirage so everyone i was racing though i was sh!te!