Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nose Down in Wipeout HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Default Nose Down in Wipeout HD

Reading the WipEout Pure subsection i've learned that keeping the ship's nose down all the time you have a speed advantage.

It looks like some folks here are playing Wipeout HD now. I have a question for them, is this glitch fixed in wipeout hd ?

I've been searching this subsection for some info but did not find anything.

Thanks !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I have not fully tested this, but to some extent. I can tell you that when you are standing still (no x-button), and pitching down, it doesn't change anything. You are not going forward at all. So it seems the problem is gone.
    To be honest, I haven't noticed much effect in pitch control at all so far...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

This looks encouraging, many thanks !

PSN ID
    Axellink

So they made the game floaty for no reason then......... Well I guess it would be hard to redo the physics engine. But the pitch of the craft must speed you up when your nose is down right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I prefer to have it NOT work that way, actually. If pitching down always makes you faster, what's the point?

PSN ID
    Axellink

Na I mean't when your jumping of clifts and stuff. I remember that being one of my tactics for the old games. I think this should still be the same for HD right? If so then disregard what i posted

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

if you pull up while going off a jump, you definitely fly alot further than if you're pushing down, so, yes, that works.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Woo thank God. Hopefully it's for real this time, and there won't be any rubber band speed mod xD

The Pitch nose down for increased speed was something we played around with but was removed from HD (it increased speed by around the equivalent of a speed notch, so if your ship has top speed 7/10, pitching down took it to 8 etc) we altered how it worked from pure to pulse but it was something that we werent ever 100% with

I'm not sure what 'rubber band speed mod' means though....
    Unless it means rubber banded AI, or catch up system, of which there is neither.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think it's referring to the jamming forward of the little stick on the PSP to keep the ships nose down the entire race, dunno where you put or why you'd want to use a rubber band though.