Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who here has a headset for HD online?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I might buy the Sony one when it comes out, maybe, I would imagine restraint while using it would be required and thats not so easy sometimes..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Same here. Probably be best to leave the headset til a lil later. Im sure Wipeout HD online would acquire a MA15+ rating, 'We advice that this online session features frequent very course language, that may offend some viewers, and is only suitable for mature aged audiences'.... Lol. This would appear on the loading screen for online races

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Here in NA it would be something like: 'Game experience may be different in online play' which means that the ESRB didn't rate it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Jabra BT135

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I want a headset to talk to folks on this board-- but I have no real interest in talking to complete strangers (and in particular, listening to trash talk).

I don't have a headset but may pick up the official Sony one later this fall. Not sure I will bother investing in a headset that doesn't work properly or that will be surpassed by first party hardware in the near future.

For folks looking for options, I found this link-- it walks through the various options, has some reviews and commentary, and steps for set-up.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=898874

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx Frances and everyone for the infos, i don't have a headset yet but have the ps3eye, i hope next weekend we can have a cool mini video chat with many from here : here in le Havre we are organizing a mini event for HD release this coming weekend and we would be glad to waves you

Ill plan to buy that sony official headset

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    I want a headset to talk to folks on this board-- but I have no real interest in talking to complete strangers (and in particular, listening to trash talk)
    I'm with you on that one, I'll only be wearing it while in one of our channels.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

I have a headset and a PS3eye cam too btw!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

be good if you could tweak the pitch of your voice for HD...I can't remember if this was done in the general PS3 settings or in-game...I remember tweaking my voice for MGS4...or was it GTA 4??? Can't remember...

I'd tweak my voice to sound like the announcer robot humanoid dude in 2097...

"All your bases are mine..."

EDIT - why is the PSEye important??? Does HD support the Eye??? I have a camera form my Eyetoy days on the PS2...will this help???

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Voice pitch adjustment is in the general settings on the PS3.
    Eye Toy can work as a mic sure, but as a camera I'm not so sure... It's not compatible with the Eye games, but I don't know if it's compatible or not with Burnout Paradise and it's mugshot feature (Therefore it would mean it can be compatible with regular PS3 games).

Eye Toy works fully on Singstar, so I guess it can be compatible with PS3 games.

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

No headset here,

5.1 surround all the way!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

You are gonna voice chat through your sub woofer ?
    Last edited by Lance; 23rd September 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed; read the guidelines.

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

hehe, i dont own a headset.
    and not gonna buy one either, mabye in the future...
    For now i prefer the SFX and music sounds instead of ppl's voices (or sometimes annoying kiddies with their volume way 2 loud or screaming like a tard (burnout experience)) .

Aye its sure a cool thing 2 talk with the wo'z ppl when racing online, and if it works great then ill buy one afterwards.

But 1st i wanna hear your experiences with the voice chat

and btw is it possible 2 mute ppl or mute only 1-2 ppl in the game? anyone can confirm this ?
    Last edited by Lance; 23rd September 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed; read the guidelines