Thread: Now I understand why WOHD got a 7.5 from GameSpot.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default Now I understand why WOHD got a 7.5 from GameSpot.

These people are f'ing morons. Have these people even played a videogame before? Watch this video starting at 18:45.

First off, the bimbo on the right has obviously never played a game before, she doesn't even know what the PS buttons are. And then she's all like "so you can use SIXAXIS although I think not many people like it", obviously she read that off of a que-card. And then she goes on saying that the soundtrack in HD is from Pure, and even says "I have no idea really but I'll say its from Pure" and then the douchey guy agrees with her. What the... /rant

"Duurrrr here's some game called wipeout hd. I guess we'll show it to you, why not? It's pretty. /drool Do you have a questions? Cuz we dont know ****. Durrr. Yep let's give it a 7.5"
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 20th September 2008 at 04:39 AM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

+1

I lol'ed so much.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

That is seriously the most pathetic coverage I have ever seen of a game. What the hell is wrong with those people? The guy was playing with Pilot Assist on and obviously had no idea how to control the ship (although he did admit to it)... Why did they even bother taking questions if they have no knowledge about the game to give an answer with?

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Totally agree... those reporter's fuc%!ng sucked!! How the hell... I mean aren't their jobs meant to make video games seem interesting to get it to sell so that they can hold their jobs??? Gamespot, if you want to stay around very long, get some freakin' professionals, not just some Joe-Schmoe guy and gal who's just their cause they're "neat people"... Just pisses me off that they made such a glorious game of what I consider to me one of the coolest games in EXISTANCE sound so lame... adding to a hitlist anybody? lol...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I mean aren't their jobs meant to make video games seem interesting to get it to sell so that they can hold their jobs???
    No.

Seriously, NO!

If anything, a critic should get fired if he or she tells people to buy stuff they didn't like themselves. Gerstmann getting fired became "Gerstmanngate" because they fired him ALTHOUGH he was being honest, not because Gerstmann lied.

A good review is an honest opinion - nothing more, nothing less. And you might come to learn that the opinion of others differs from your own. We're fanboys, so we love WOHD. Tell you what: That's certainly fine with Guy Cocker. Let's just make sure it's fine the other way around as well.

Wip3ou7: Don't be surprised to find out that good scores are often given by people who know just as little about a game as the guys in the Gamesopt video. Funny how no fanboy ever cares about those.

Ben
    Last edited by G'Kyl; 20th September 2008 at 09:47 AM.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Okay well they should at least act like they know what they're talking about more than that to provide people with belief that what they said was probably true, and at that as their job, sucked... But I'm glad that they acted dumb, cause not many people are going to give much care to a dumb review...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Ben, while you are certainly right that a good review should represent the reviewer's opinion, and nothing else, it is also important that a professional review represents an informed opinion. Having someone review a game which he simply isn't any good at and knows nothing about is not professional. Just hand it to someone else in the office, y'know? (then again, considering the current state of GameSpot, I'm not sure there are any other people in the office, apart from the cleaning lady )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Ever since Jeff Gerstman left GameSpot (and Ryan and Brad followed him), this site has been on a neverending downward spiral. I wouldn't believe a single word they're saying about games. :-