Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121

Thread: Petition against Elimination Respawning

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Hah thanks for the nod Colin. Sometimes these people are way too defensive, but it *is* because of how much we love it.

    On a side note, what about those PSN Gamer Icons, Colin??

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Its out in 5 days, I suspect itmight pay to hold back the real GAAAAH for when folk realise that the Beat Zico trophy is really quite hard..
    I realised that one!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montréal
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    >>>>>>>
    As for the idea of delaying a game 5 days before release over a subjective opinion ....
    wow
    I dont doubt the sincerity, but what colour is the sky in that world ?
    >>>>>>>
    Ok, you think that because I learned about the respawn today a few hours ago that I want you to delay the game again five days before launch.
    What I meant to say is that you should have kept working on the game to make respawns at least an option; if eradicating it completely was out of question, before announcing the release and getting around finishing the whole build. That way the game wouldn't be coming out in five days, I don't know when, but it would then not be such a controversial matter. And we would have the option (Just like BRs, it's the same thing, options always make for better stuff in the end, even though it takes longer to implement them)
    But thank you for presuming I was crazy or daydreaming, when in fact I am originally French and even though I write appropriate English there is still the difficulty of translating what I mean.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    378

    Default

    The thing is, the game was already delayed, we can not just keep going on and on adding things prior to initial launch (thanks to the beauty of PSN and updates we can add things later on though)
    There are deadlines and costs. If we were given as much time as we desired, we would stop due to being sick of it, not due to it being done, there is always something else you can add or alter.

    We are not given as much time as we desire (very few dev teams for any companies around the world are, I can probably think of 4 or 5 afforded that) With the much documented delays in the summer we had the opportunity to do some things, but not others, not all staff were allowed to stay on the project as other work needed doing, changes and additions are prioritised according to time and staff.

    I am sorry for presuming you crazy (albeit in a jovial fashion) but given the tone of your initial post you can hardly take offense I mean you call a feature of something you havent played, ****, and say it doesnt belong in wipeout but in FPS games.
    You cant try and shoot someone in the head, then complain if they throw a stone at you

    But I didnt mean to upset you or anyone else, I just try to give a few explanations into things when I can, hopefully with a hint of humour

  5. #25

    Default

    ...or maybe folk have trouble understanding British sense of humour. I know some people can get confused when I'm in the pub with friends, they could be forgiven for thinking that we can't stand each other given the amount of piss taking and sheer abuse

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montréal
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    But I didnt mean to upset you or anyone else, I just try to give a few explanations into things when I can, hopefully with a hint of humour
    Yes well is there anything else? The respawn feature has me pretty disappointed, can you say something else about other new features like that? Maybe there are some good ones we can know, or is it find out in five days?
    I see what you mean though with the offense stuff, maybe the use of the icon was inappropriate, something like 'this kind of things' would have suited better, but I really don't like respawn and I'm sure you know that when there is something you dislike you tend to get more expressive. I'm sure it was well implemented (There is a big time penalty, and you don't respawn with full shields after all), but it's just the surprise of finding out about this and the fact that it's totally new (Just like you said with BRs when Pure released a couple years back I'm sure it was the same thing) and just five days before release... I didn't want to insult anyone as well, it's just that it's displeasing, as I said before.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    There are many things we want to add to the game and alter and tweak..
    Just to let you know Colin, I for the most part am satisfied with your games as they are. Pulse was damn near perfect (for me); I pretty much have next to no complaints. Each iteration had its own personality -- desirable for the most part, but there's nothing throughout the series I would rate as a complete turnoff (except for the single race bug that obliterated my 500+ hour Pulse profile complete with at least a few world records I may never touch again).

    One suggestion however for HD. If you haven't already, balance the single player and online experience for heavier, slower accelerating ships by making them slightly less prone to recoil caused by mines, bombs and missiles (perhaps walls too). I'm Ag-sys loyal, but I want to see my Piranha and Triakis compatriots happy in the long run.

    While you're there, can you fill us in on the sound sets for each ship in HD? Do they each sound different from one another this time as I suspect from the various videos I've seen?

    - F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 20th September 2008 at 04:05 AM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Florence, AL, USA
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    Or a noticable difference in top speeds between, say, FEISAR and Icaras so that it actually means something?

    but we're off topic...

    I can tolerate it while its around, certainly having lag-free online is a huge step up from Pulse in terms of the advance of online play. I can't wait until I can actually get a PS3. :/
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 20th September 2008 at 03:56 AM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    rushinmonkey
    Posts
    137

    Default

    tbh i think it makes sense to have respawns on 8 player multiplayer.

    you have to think of the fun everyone is going to get out of a game, making ppl sit there for 5 - 10 mins while the other 7 people complete the race is not fun for anyone. Having to quit out and spend however long it takes going to lobby, finding new game is not fun if it can be avoided.

    For splitscreen multiplayer and as an option for serious matches its great, but for the vast majority of ppl who are going to play online respawning is a good feature.

    Isnt it about time we all said woohoo!! 5 days, and had happy thoughts not mad ones?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    9,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    when in fact I am originally French
    And here I was thinking that you were Québécois.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •