Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Petition against Elimination Respawning

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Yeah but if you by chance meet any of the dev team online tomorrow evening you might get a little bit of a kicking..
    Hey guys, the best occasion to avenge for the long, long, long and painfull waiting on HD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Colin, you're saying some of the devs are gonna be online tomorrow?
    It's AWN, baby!

Nothing official but I suspect a few of us will be online later in the evening to check things out and play the odd game

PSN ID
    SouthendRage

Cool, can't wait to get online tonight! Find how good the devs are, I hope you put up a good fight

PSN ID
    Axellink

Oh man, that mens I will definately have to come online now then lol. I hope when your last because of respawn, we don't get a quake or anything like that for some time. That will tick a lot of peeps off!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I have to say I find it hilarious to read that respawning is supposed to be good for newbies. Online is NOT a good mode for beginners unless they're racing against equally new players. Single player mode to learn the game, Vector class to learn the game...oh wait, it's gone now isn't it?

Anyone remember playing Pulse when you were stuck racing noobs? They often seemed so frustrated they'd disconnect, and then there were the ones who actually turned around and tried racing backwards to ruin the other players' races. This happened when eliminations were still eliminations. With a respawn, ticked off people can keep respawning and screwing up the real race. Oh joy. Oh well. *Oh WipeoutZone members, thank goodness for you, for the races we will have, will be good races too-oo...*

@Colin: hope I didn't sound rude in my previous post, I was under the misconception that you thought everyone was just terrified of anything new (not the case...).

But surely noobs acting like idiots is a problem with any online game? In fact, experienced players spitting their dummies out is equally as bad.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yep, that's right.

*looks for dummy...finds a mirror...cha-ching!*

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'm throwing my hat in the ring with regards to having an option to disable respawns. I had a tournament robbed from me tonight due to some lap-down, respawned idiot ramming me off of that great big over-rated, open-sided pile of **** in the sky.

Being rammed off of the (many, many, many) open sided sections in Pulse was the reason I quit playing that game online.

Having idiots respan and allowing them to affect the outcome of the race when they're a lap down is just going to ruin the experience for everyone that's not a newbie. Or an idiot.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    I' m tossing my hat in the other side of the ring. In a MP match online, if you are going to stay connected until the race finishes, than you should be able to respawn.

If they take out respawning, it should automatically drop me back into last place and disconnect me from the match, but that would be a nightmarish netcode to write. No respawns would kill the online community to have people sitting doing nothing because they got bounced out. Especially if it happened right away at the start of a race. Give a penalty for letting someone get blown up, and let them continue playing I say.

Plus, it gives you opportunity's for revenge
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    But surely noobs acting like idiots is a problem with any online game? In fact, experienced players spitting their dummies out is equally as bad.
    Worse in my opinion.