Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petition against Elimination Respawning

Hybrid View

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Petition against Elimination Respawning

Apparently, when you get eliminated in wipEout HD multiplayer, you respawn. Yes, it is ****. And no, we don't want it, do we?
    Anyone who thinks this should be removed per game update, you know what to do (sign this petition...).
    signed
    eLhabib

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

You have my support, fellow Martin of the world.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I' m tossing my hat in the other side of the ring. In a MP match online, if you are going to stay connected until the race finishes, than you should be able to respawn.

If they take out respawning, it should automatically drop me back into last place and disconnect me from the match, but that would be a nightmarish netcode to write. No respawns would kill the online community to have people sitting doing nothing because they got bounced out. Especially if it happened right away at the start of a race. Give a penalty for letting someone get blown up, and let them continue playing I say.

Plus, it gives you opportunity's for revenge
    Last edited by Rubix42; 19th September 2008 at 08:49 PM.

PSN ID
    keenandinho10

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    I' m tossing my hat in the other side of the ring. In a MP match online, if you are going to stay connected until the race finishes, than you should be able to respawn.

If they take out respawning, it should automatically drop me back into last place and disconnect me from the match, but that would be a nightmarish netcode to write. No respawns would kill the online community to have people sitting doing nothing because they got bounced out. Especially if it happened right away at the start of a race. Give a penalty for letting someone get blown up, and let them continue playing I say.

Plus, it gives you opportunity's for revenge
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    But surely noobs acting like idiots is a problem with any online game? In fact, experienced players spitting their dummies out is equally as bad.
    Worse in my opinion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I think you are exaggerating the downside of no respawns. Im talking about the waiting time. A race is over pretty quickly so having to wait is not a problem i.m.o.

The first time I was killed and respawned I thought I was just going to be able to have som fun as a ghost until the next race started. But some corners later I realized I was still in the race hehe. That could be a solution for the waiting "problem".

I think respawns should be turned off by default, but also having the option to turn it on would be best.

If this cant be achieved, please have a bigger penalty for being eliminated. 30% energy is ok, but respawn time should be longer. Or wait, that is even if you get the option to turn it off completely.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'll have to admit that a race with 8 good pilots and weapons on can be so unforgivingly brutal, that when it kills you on the first lap you are quite thankful for getting respawned I didn't say that. No, no, someone stole my account and typed it using my name...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I was pretty open to this at first, now I'm just not sure.

I wish the respawn had a skill decider, like you can respawn if it was from weapons fire, but if you just got lapped and wipeout from your own lack of skill, see ya next race

I am against respawning. Two reasons:
    1) It allows an incompetent but petty racer to muck up the game.
    2) Being eliminated from the race online is, as Darkdrium points out [me too, +1 ], an incentive to get better.

Default Mod message.

I will leave this message here for a short time, but I am deleting the potential flame-war-inducing posts made by some users immediately.

I'll be blunt about this: Moderation should be left to the moderators. Discussion of post quality and suitability is itself offtopic and should be carried out via PMs to the admin and the mods. And I don't want to see a war start over insulting disparagement of the posts of other users.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I don't think he's wanting you to justify your post (although who knows? - he is the Baron of Bluntness), I think he's just prompting you to add to the discussion.

Personally, I'd rather you gave an example to demonstrate your own take on the subject rather than just quoting someone else. It's fine to quote if you're going to add to what they've said, but otherwise it just makes a post kind of redundant.

But yeah - what Lance said; moderating should be left to the moderators.