Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ship Explosions

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Ship Explosions

I have to say, I don't like this new ship flames and spins onto the track way of dieing. What happened to the BANG and flying pieces when someone is eliminated??

If all deaths are like that video thats almost an 80% reduction in the enjoyment of hunting people down, as someone who enjoys knocking other players off its like no proper reward for the effort put in.

How about some downloadable patching, you can call it the classic/satisfying/proper death patch.

What does everyone else think?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Don't know about you, but isn't it more satisfying watching the ship 'wreck' over the track then watching it just dissapear?
    Maybe we can have burnout style deformation of the craft upon elimination? Crumpling body panels... ooh yeah.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Hell yeah! That sounds sweet imagine how much fender body damage would occur during those extremely fun Avalon events. A good explosion a must in online racing. There is much satisfaction after eliminating some shithead. More to come definitely now

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Yeah I thought of this once back when we were thinking of the crafts being magnetic, and the body parts that are still slightly twitching on would push a craft out away from it when it did twitch on... scary stuff... haha mabye if they re-did the first Wipeout and the craft parts seem more ancient thus capable of danger...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I prefer the new explosion type. More realistic, and more fun to see wrecked ships on the tracks.

This post needs a poll to quickly see the whole opinion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know if you guys noticed yet, but the burning carcass of eliminated ships stays on track for the rest of the race. I definitely prefer this to having the ship blow up in smoke. Now, every time you speed past a ship you destroyed in previous laps, you're thinking 'HA HA!'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

And can you bump into ships' carcass ?

It seems there is only in Zone mode with its VR style where the ship desintegrate slowly ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

No, you can't bump into the wrecks. You hover over them. They lie on the track and burn. It looks sweet.

PSN ID
    Yagya

is there a link to a video showing the new crashing? i've just seen the recent vids where the zone mode isn't as crazy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    No, you can't bump into the wrecks. You hover over them. They lie on the track and burn. It looks sweet.
    Erf, I guess we can not have our cake and eat it u_u, but it's true with WO speed it would have been difficult to avoid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

No, I mean you actually hover over them. They are lying on the track. Your ship is flying a couple of meters above the track. Even if there was a collision model (which I doubt), you still wouldn't be hitting them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

it didn't seems to me that the ships were flying that high, but well, we will surely still be fighting against our instinct to avoid obstacles >_<

Will it be the key to win ? ...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Check out this and this
    and yes, that's my Assegai in the second picture

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Actually, I feel more like the I'm clipping through the wrecks instead of flying over them.
    I'm not yet sure I like them lying there for the entire rest of the race - especially since there are now FAR more eliminations (one in almost every race) than before. I mean, where's the logic if working ships can be warped back on track and wrecked pilots can't be brought to safety the same way?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

It looks cooler! Best logic there is...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Check out this and this
    and yes, that's my Assegai in the second picture
    Those screen shots are fkn awesome! Cant wait! Lol at the first picture at the EGX ship. Seems like that Kia exceeded its five year warrenty. Lol.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

*sigh* why do people want Wipeout to be 'more realistic' it's almost getting annoying having to read that over and over..

So what happens when you die? Do you get to watch the rest of the race or does it cut to photo mode?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That is one freaking amazing hot Icaras you got there! The Mirage is looking sweet too, I really like the look of the cables underneath the wings, but I think the wings are coming from a very small and fragile part of the ship. I would imagine it to break with the smallest collision. Mirage is looking so much like the Goteki45 from Pure.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

When you die. Thats depending on how **** a pilot you are... You are prob cursing at the screen... As leungbok quoted to me 'The bastard' on Arc Prime Rapier, or as i was on MSN a few weeks ago i said 'Goddam ****in cnt aaarrrrhhhh!' When i got ****ed over bad. You remember RR on MSN? Lol. More good times to come

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

When you get eliminated (offline), you can watch the rest of the race and take pictures, yes. I don't know about online, but I reckon it would be the same there. So the first person to get eliminated will turn into the 'dedicated photographer'