Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ship Explosions

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Apparently when you die online you respawn.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

WTF??

Someone explain this....you can turn it off right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

WHAT THE FLYING ****?! Now this is just... wrong...
    Seriously, who's the ****ing idiot that came up with that idea?! He deserves a smack in the face
    This really upsets me. I'll get a petition going to have that fixed in an update ASAP! Aaaaaaargh!!! :-

EDIT: I apologize for the harsh accusations in this post - thank you Colin for providing insight into this issue in the petition thread.
    Last edited by eLhabib; 20th September 2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: an apology

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    *sigh* why do people want Wipeout to be 'more realistic' it's almost getting annoying having to read that over and over..
    I want the ships to look absolutely new and clean up to the instant they're destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    WHAT THE FLYING ****?! Now this is just... wrong...
    Seriously, who's the ****ing idiot that came up with that idea?! He deserves a smack in the face
    This really upsets me. I'll get a petition going to have that fixed in an update ASAP! Aaaaaaargh!!! :-

And this years academy award for the most dramatic and beautiful over reaction goes to. . . .

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ah that soothes the soul Lance, totally unrealistic in every possible way, just how Wipeout should be.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Chill the hell out guys about the online respawn... yeah I don't like it either but grow up...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Ah that soothes the soul Lance, totally unrealistic in every possible way, just how Wipeout should be.
    Which makes Barrel Rolls okay using that logic, since they're also proven to be unrealistic, amirite? :-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    And this years academy award for the most dramatic and beautiful over reaction goes to. . . .

You are right, I overreacted, and I am sorry for offending the person on the receiving end. Thank you for your statement in the petition thread. Still, I sincerely hope this issue can be compromised in the future.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

well I don't really understand the difficulty behind turning off respawn (the problem of host quitting is the same wether he is playing or he is dead, just the context which is different) but if we could turn it off in the future, I've nothing to complain for the moment.

Why the respawn is so fast is another point which bugs me (nearly no handicap for having been destroyed ?). It is even quicker than Motorstorm respawn (but which game isn't ^_~)

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Yeah but does it start you on a head start just like if you were to fall of the track and then respawn, or does it start you motionless... cause then you'd have to speed up...

Yes please let this not coninue, I don't like this respawning idea...

Good for you eLhabib... You the man!!
    Last edited by Lance; 20th September 2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    That is one freaking amazing hot Icaras you got there! The Mirage is looking sweet too, I really like the look of the cables underneath the wings, but I think the wings are coming from a very small and fragile part of the ship. I would imagine it to break with the smallest collision. Mirage is looking so much like the Goteki45 from Pure.
    Yes those two screen shots are just unbelievable. It think the way the Mirage ships structure is set up is that it would have dense heavy strong steel connection, the front of the ship to the rear pilots cabin section to achieve a low and even center of gravity. While the curved structure at the front of ship would have some light kevlar and/or polyeutherane material to contunue the correct weight balance.

Icarus looks hell sweet. If this is the most fastest ship in the game (that doesn't require a DL pack) i will be using the ship by default

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes indeed and it so looks like Lance his avatar!

Not quite like my avatar, but pretty damned nice!

IIIIIIIICCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAASSSSSS

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Actually, Lance, the new Icaras looks like your avatar was the concept sketch for it. The front is a little beefier, but other than that, exactly the same shape. Down to the little antenna thingie under the nose. Lookie here!

Yeah, I'd saved that pic already. Thanks for it. Pretty sleek alrighty. A classic design. But not the quite the right colour-scheme. Needs reddish-purple and pink. And a slash of orange. Mine is even sleeker and has a bigger.... thruster.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Lance, it looks ALOT like your avatar pic lol.

My avatar is a reduced-size reproduction of an original concept sketch done for Wipeout 3. So it's ooooooold.

But great!

PSN ID
    Yagya

i still can't seem to find a video of the new crashing. seen the online crashes where it respawns you, but i wanna see offline crashes plz.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    Yeah but does it start you on a head start just like if you were to fall of the track and then respawn, or does it start you motionless... cause then you'd have to speed up...
    The video posted by Darkdrium shows it.
    Since you respawn after the ship crashed and made a complete stop, you respawn without speed. But it is regain very fast.