Thread: New HD Zone mode - post changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Default New HD Zone mode - post changes

{As the posts in technical delay thread was offtopic...}

Is anyone else disappointed in the changes they have made to zone mode?

A video link that Sh@dow posted http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/09/...-health-tests/ showing the differences

I'm not sure how much truth is in that video as http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...og/2851403029/ shows the visualizer in the bottom left screenshot, albeit still a plain screen.

I know that for me, after i "complete" the game, my wipeout-ing usually involves loading up zone mode and just thoroughly enjoy it. I'm sure I still will, but after seeing the neat effects of the previous builds, I have to say I am quite disappointed.

Here's hoping unlockables with seizure warnings

hmmm:

"But we certainly weren't going to take it lightly. We had to think long and hard about how we approached it, because there were ways and means of doing it, but in the end we managed to actually solve any issues without any detriment to the game. That was our worry, that the game would suddenly look poorer as a result of it, but no, it's all gone really well."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wait til you play it on Zone 40 upwards. Don't worry, it still rips your eyes out, throws 'em on the floor and dances cha cha on 'em.

It also depends on which soundtrack you choose. Though, like I said before, I prefer the newer track graphics.

Moot point, innit. It's changed now. Most people probably won't know, or won't see the difference.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ok, from what I understand the equalizers don't appear until the game gets fast enough. And then when they do appear they are a bit attenuated but they are definitely still there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Brilliant maneuver. Get the average Joe to sit in front of HD while the epilepsy meter rolls on, have him crash 'n burn before zone fourty and the test ends. Meanwhile the zone 41 lightshow awaits to fry your synapses, well, only because those better than the average deserve 'em fried.

- F

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I hate that it is annoying me so much, but the truth is that it really has a "meh" tagged onto this release for me now, which I know is silly...but still. It's there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    Brilliant maneuver. Get the average Joe to sit in front of HD while the epilepsy meter rolls on, have him crash 'n burn before zone fourty and the test ends. Meanwhile the zone 41 lightshow awaits to fry your synapses, well, only because those better than the average deserve 'em fried.
    Heh, true enough!

I doubt that 90% of folks that buy WOHD will play Zone mode past 30 or 40, if at all.