Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What kind of DLC would you pay for, for WOHD?

Lots of things are being worked on...

The thing is, I could have calmed your rage anytime, if I'd have thought of posting this:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=316

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    >evil cackle<

Let's see how long your will holds out on the 25th, sir, when the forum is buzzing

oi, I thought I was the designated Insomniac on the WO team?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Colin, Egg, please, PSN Gamer Icons? Gonna happen? Sooner, later? Not gonna happen?

Not really our call to be honest (Eggy might know more being an arty type? but its not generally something we deal with) its something I can bring up next week in the office.
    Cant promise anything though

Personally I hope there are fkin loads though, and some themes

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

The themes would be nice, even if they are just icon and sound fx sets (we can use photo mode to make background pictures). PSN Gamer Icons though would be great, if you could mention something to the right people. I mean, even just 2 more would be awesome. I've been using the ASSEGAI logo since ps3 launched (and i freaked out when i saw it because i immediately knew that there had to be a ps3 wipeout coming!)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Funnily enough, I'm happy with the Wipeout icon thats on offer now

I was surprised to see it though, would have expected AG-S or a Feisar logo instead, glad they choose the correct team for a change

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Thing is everyone's using it. My PSN Friend list is full of Assegai A's xD
    We need more icons
    And a theme or two that release with the game wouldn't be so bad. I would like something as involved as the Pulse theme, but with the HD 'clean menu' style, that would be very cool. Custom sounds for scrolling and all would be awesome ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

you gonna be online when HD hits us next week???
    I'm on the wrong side of the world till October 1st. =D
    I've been home every other time, but I'm away when HD is finally released
    That said, I'll be happy to start blowing chunks out of everyone else when I get back.
    //ontopic
    Being Wipeout mad as I am, I'll probably pay for anything except ship decals for HD.
    (I didn't however buy the Pulse DLC)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Themes and gamer icons are both something I'd be interested in as well.

Thursday can't come soon enough. I hope my connection is solid enough to get some fun first night races on.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Lots of things are being worked on...

The thing is, I could have calmed your rage anytime, if I'd have thought of posting this:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=316

wow, i admit sol 2 looks good in HD, i feared it would be a bit jazzed up like some of the other tracks.

kinda want game...but..ps3...expensive.....arrrrrrrrgh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Even if I'd be pleased to see additionnal skins and WipEout themes, the only thing I REALLY want is new tracks. 8 (~16) tracks is good, but 2 or 4 more real tracks, remakes or not, would just make the game PERFECT to me

Is there something planned in this direction? I mean, can we hope for something or definitely not?

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

im kind of ashamed that it just hit me, but the probable reason for wipeoutHD's low price is the expensive (multiple) DLC they are working on...

Here is hoping it's not as bad as pulse.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

Since The Designers Republic was responsible for the design in old times, why not haul 'em back and design some odd looking ships and even odder looking tracks, Omega-style? Sure, Omega pack kinda broke the whole credibility of WipEout with its artistic silliness, but TDR could cook up something wild.

DR never designed the ships or tracks; basically they just did team logos, fonts, billboards, and menus. After all these years, they are still being given credit for things they didn't do. Ships and tracks were designed by the in-house staff of Studio Liverpool on WO1 and WO2, and on WO3 by Studio Leeds.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    DR never designed the ships or tracks; basically they just did team logos, fonts, billboards, and menus. After all these years, they are still being given credit for things they didn't do.
    That I fully knew. You got the wrong idea, buddy. It would be only logical to think that a design company designs logos, fonts etc not relating to the real content of the game.

But my whole idea was that if Designers Republic could design a ship or some maximum-minimalist WorkBuyConsumeDie tracks, the result would be interesting to say the least. Always loved DR's design, even outside WipEout their album covers for Autechre are beautiful. Aphex Twin's Windowlicker cover's just plain disturbing.

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

</lurking>

I'd like to see some amusing old Psygnosis artwork in the tracks... perhaps climbing around on the EQs with their little umbrellas...

*sigh*

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

They could do the same as what Namco did with Ridge Racer Type 4 and add a super fast flying Psygnosis owl, which players have to keep up with for rewards. Snrt, did that make any sense?
    Last edited by Lance; 24th September 2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation of prior post removed. Read the guidelines, please.

PSN ID
    CaptainGrim

Awesome! Although I don't think modern day Sony are too keen on the old Psygnosis image... or the owl...

Quote Originally Posted by Shozovulnai View Post
    That I fully knew. You got the wrong idea, buddy. It would be only logical to think that a design company designs logos, fonts etc not relating to the real content of the game.

But my whole idea was that if Designers Republic could design a ship or some maximum-minimalist WorkBuyConsumeDie tracks, the result would be interesting to say the least. Always loved DR's design, even outside WipEout their album covers for Autechre are beautiful. Aphex Twin's Windowlicker cover's just plain disturbing.
    Not merely logical to think so, but the actual fact In the case of the WipEout games. But anyway, what is the most recent tDR work that you like? They have different designers now than they had in the 'old days'.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

Most recent as in DR's most recent work or what I have seen from them most recently? I haven't really checked what their present stuff is all about, though I found a nice picture index with loads of DR pics. http://www.oakneo.com/dr/ My friend has a couple of those Autechre albums I mentioned and what appealed to me most was Confield's cover. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4134HZWHDAL.jpg

Yes, I have no idea what that ...thing is supposed to represent (same can be said about the music) but it's cool in its own way. But isn't this getting a bit offtopic here?

Edit: Ok, I'm not 100% sure that all Autechre's covers are from DR, but I'm assuming it's so.