Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What kind of DLC would you pay for, for WOHD?

new music? cold storage would be a good move.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How about craft skins representing different countries [national flag sort of thing]that can be used during online play.
    IE:USA,France,Australia...etc...sort of WOHD Olympics.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Mmm... or just the flag in a square on the side of the craft representing what country your from, automatically loaded on by whatever country's version of Wipeout you buy... that's a good idea...

And yes... I so want Cold Storage and some more WO 3 type artists...

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    chill wrote
    "Howabout "Wipeout XL/3 physics engine"? Or can that only be done during the production of the game?
    Hey... that's why we're paying for it... Or is that not right? And the option for pit lanes on or off, and our style of energy (absorb/energy pack or pit lane) and turbo (barrel rolls or energy drain)...
    P.S. I like W3O's energy drain better than Pulse or HD..."

I will ditto this, although no way this is happening. The only thing I want for downloads are fixes to any bugs in the game. 16 tracks is enough for me. Maybe a zen speed class though, whoever wrote that, I'll agree with you as well

Cool with me JABBERJAW!!! Yeah a zen speed class isn't a bad idea...
    Last edited by Chill; 19th September 2008 at 03:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

heheh...just had a random thought...anyone ever propose multiplayer Zone Mode???

2-player...or 8-player full grid??? should be interesting...

last craft on the track wins...

PSN ID

Yeah that's not a bad idea... those who survive longer get placed higher up...

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    heheh...just had a random thought...anyone ever propose multiplayer Zone Mode???

2-player...or 8-player full grid??? should be interesting...

last craft on the track wins...
    Actually, it was discussed back in the early days of the ^WipEout Future^ section.

PSN ID

[Off Topic] Lance you are definately the best Moderator in these forums, as you are the one making the most corrections and doing most of the work as a moderator... their should be some kind of reward for you... [/Off Topic]

Alright I'm done posting for today...
    Last edited by Chill; 19th September 2008 at 04:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

pardon me Lance...did a check and yes...insertcoin did propose a Zone Eliminator mode...

you gonna be online when HD hits us next week???

[is saving cash for digital flat-panel tv, then maybe, maybe PS3.] PS3 cost heaping large pile of cash considering value I might get from it compared to a back-up self-defense tool or some little luxuries like high-quality tea, DVDs, and other luxuries I've not been able to get for the last eight years. It's a lot of money to spend so I could play just one videogame. Right now I can't rationally justify it, and maybe can't emotionally justify it either. Can't tell what my future will be till it gets here.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

fair enough...here's wishing for a severe price drop for you leading up to Christmas...

*puts on wishing hat*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    representing what country your from, automatically loaded on by whatever country's version of Wipeout you buy...
    Flag could be a good idéa but they should not load it from version of game or version of Ps3. Take it either from country chosen in the PSN account settings or make you choose it yourself in the game. Lots of people have imported ps3 and/or games.

Also a big reason to have global online in the games. So you can always find people with lowest latency no matter where you are and what hardware/software you are using. Would be best for everyone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

There are flags in online mode. I think they are set according to your PSN account, seeing as mine was Austria by default. (btw props to SL for including the Eagle on the Austrian flag, few games have that )

PSN ID
    Axellink

Lol very nice!! I have a feeling I will be getting that 100 online races trophy in no time.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

LOL, Lance! High-quality tea instead of Wipeout HD! (Alright, I'm leaving a fair bit out.) This is the reason WipeoutZone rules. People here have taste.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

C'mon Lance, I don't think you're giving the PS3 the credit it deserves here bro. It's definately the best home console at the moment.

Anyway, it's time to moderate my own thread. Can we please get back on topic here? This thread is about DLC, and what type you'd be willing to dish out your money for. Let's keep it to that, thanks guys.

Whether it is the "best" or not, the thought of spending about 600 dollars on the machine and one game just to play that one game instead of buying a bunch of stuff that fulfills a lot of other needs is just crazy. I'm thinking that the only reasonably practical solution is to get a used one and only after getting the digital tv. Not to mention a new toaster-oven and some decent bourbon! Which is a downloadable content that I will willingly pay for!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Something that removes the respawn feature permanently. I would pay for that.
    Then again it depends if I even get the full game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

lol dont pretend like youre not gonna get it, we know thats a lie

i wouldnt pay money for that option btw

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Then again it depends if I even get the full game.
    >evil cackle<

Let's see how long your will holds out on the 25th, sir, when the forum is buzzing

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Shh, that was the incentive.
    Secret broken.

Ok I admit I may have been a little too hot-headed but really please work on this feature as fast as you can; well not as fast as you can but you know what I mean. I hope it comes out soon