Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of DLC would you pay for, for WOHD?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Amon I have you on my friends list on the PSN. Hit me up when ever you wanna give this a try. I'll humbly accept thy challange
    This is great ! I'll add you wen i'll be home

Timezone
    GMT + 10

pimped up HD remakes of wipeout 1 , 2097 and wip3out tracks oh and i'll pay for mesij sound track

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'd pay for more tracks/ships, probably game modes but I won't pay for youtube upload and other stuff like that. These should be free patches.

Quote Originally Posted by chri5 View Post
    I liked the coca-cola pack for pure ..
    Oh, no.

Medic! We've found one!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Lol Egg

More tracks but not released in a short time : give us time to learn those new tracks and enjoy them

I had that idea couple of months ago in another thread : Set a race of 10 / 15 / 20 min or 1 hour racing (ala Amon) The 24 hours endurance Sol2 race : fancy anyone

Zen speed class

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm in!

lots of great ideas here, tracks (at a slow release pace like Arnaud said), game modes (Free Play would be great), I`d pay for anything really as I`m a complete sucker for DLC with any game.

HD Omega pack or similar would be my number 1 choice, probably. 1080P Burgertown would be scary.

About Zen speed class - I think I`ll wait and see Phantom before I join the request for such a thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Don't worry about free play - I just found out the new 'Speed Lap' acts as free play, giving you 99 laps to race (possibly more, haven't tried ).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ryuuku

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax1978 View Post
    ... oh and i'll pay for mesij sound track
    Well you can settle this directly with Tim Wright himself Making a donation directly to an artist feels waaaaaaay more square than buying a CD !

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html

BTW, I hope he is about to finish his personal Wipeout HD soundtrack he already talked about !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I just thought about this.
    I've been playing Spore for a while (Good game, highly recommended) and there is some sort of skin editor in it to change the colours of creatures/buildings you create. It's very simple but it allows for great customization at the same time. I don't think making something similar for HD would be very complicated. All that you need is a colour picker, a lot of patterns, and as an additionnal onto that some decals like sponsor logos to rotate, shrink or grow and apply on the ship. Obviously with that only official content will be allowed, but if a sufficient number of patterns, a good colour picker (More involved than in Spore would be great) and a sufficient number of decals (racing stripes, logos, heat dissipating vents, etc.) would still allow for a great deal of customization, and it would be a very simple tool to use indeed.
    If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I recommend you try Spore for PC and especially the coulour tool: you can choose between set patterns and colour palette, but also choose a pattern for various parts of your creation and choose which colour this pattern will be.
    Liverpool, it's up to you to try Spore and see if it's a good idea worth implementing in maybe a patch for HD or in the next WipEout on PS3

if it were up to me, i would make HD officially a compilation game of classic stuff before the next wipeout. full on remakes of loads of the old stuff, new fans won't have played them and everyone else seems to love a good remake, then two years down the road (a wait made easier by the new content for HD, the aforementioned tracks, ships, eliminator, theme's e.t.c.) release Wipeout 2297 or whatever and have loads of new stuff!

to answer the question if i were to buy a ps3 and HD and then pay for content, i would only really be bothered about more tracks, hopefully a bit more reserved with the bright colours and mostly remakes as i suggested above, but two remakes/two new tracks every so often in a pack would be good. SL should get some kind of in-game survey going to see what people want, or on the psn (is that even possible?)
    Last edited by DawnFireDragoon; 17th September 2008 at 02:53 PM.

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

I'd love to see more tracks! I'd pay good money if the tracks from the first 3 games were released as premium download packs. That would be cool.

Say, the Wipeout 1 track pack, which included HD versions of all the tracks from the first game for, say, £15. I'd be up for packs like that!

Also, I've said in a previous thread, but I'd love to see 123Klan revisited in HD. That would be TOO COOL!

How about vintage team ships too? That would be uber-cool also...

I'm not sure about the limitations to the photo mode, but if it hasn't got it already, I'd love to see an update where you can actually move the camera to get dramatic shots (kinda like Forza 2, PGR4 and GT4).

That'll do for starters!

yeah, a premium pack of sorts for each games tracks would be amazing. sadly from a business point of view it's not viable, a hardcore fan would probably buy it but a casual gamer wouldn't fork out £15 for a track pack. i suspect HD will sell well, but only have a certain lasting fan-base who will invest in DLC.

i think with the packs, if they make any, we'll be looking at a couple of tracks and a ship for £2.99 or something like that. maybe around next spring/summer or something.

quick off-topic question: any of you guys who've played the game know if you can switch off the shakey HUD effects and the zoom effect when you hit a speed pad/chevron, this is my biggest complaint and really puts me off the game if it's optional i might actually buy a ps3...maybe. it is wipeout after all.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Hahahahahaaaa

Please tell me that was a joke. Have you any idea how long this stuff takes to test? We could've done a whole new game in that time.
    No I wasn't kidding, and no I didn't know how long it took. I'm just listing what I'd LIKE to see, is that not the purpose? Thanks for the educational benefit and laugh...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

I'd like to see the Pulse DLC nicely tucked into a folder on the HD disc, damn right.

- F

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    No I wasn't kidding, and no I didn't know how long it took. I'm just listing what I'd LIKE to see, is that not the purpose? Thanks for the educational benefit and laugh...
    Sorry, I was in a grumpy mood this morning. Been listening to too much prog rock

Anyways, I don't think you're likely to see a downloadable physics engine (in any game) anytime soon. It's bloody hard enough for the designers to get the tracks and ships balanced, using the one we've got.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

I'll pay for :
    skin editor
    zen class
    ALL the old tracks like my beloved valparaiso, new tracks
    new ships
    The more you can add into would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, big thanks for finally turning my ps3 on.

I would like to see the equivalent of Pure's Omega pack; to once again have artists in other fields design tracks and environments for an 'extracurricular' experience that is novel.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    I had that idea couple of months ago in another thread : Set a race of 10 / 15 / 20 min or 1 hour racing (ala Amon) The 24 hours endurance Sol2 race : fancy anyone
    ****. Endurance races in Wipeout like GT, but at Phantom/Zen speeds, lol that ill do a good job frying a few brains around here. Would be cool to see it in the future. See how many pilots drop like flies from having a sesure from playing a not stop race after a few hours. I completed the GT4 24Hour Nurenburg race, it took me 9 hours to complete via B-Spec mode. Felt like **** at the end.

BTW bring back eliminator, this will be a ****in' awesome feature viewed in 1080p!!!! XD!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

I'd pay for any and all DLC... of course, that is if they decide to support those of us in North America at all. *glares in anger at Pulse*