Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WO HD Reviews

Timezone
    GMT -6

While games such as F-Zero had come before it,
    How dare they compare this with F-Zero...!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah I think they should start comparing it to Unreal or Call of Duty. :x

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

IMO the Gamespot review has valid points-- in particularly, that the tracks are re-designs from the PSP games-- but the final score seems inflammatory and inconsistent with the text of the review.

Really? A 7.5 for a polished $20 PSN title with 1080p, 60FPS and "strikingly artistic visuals that are gorgeous to see in motion." That sounds like an 8.3 or 8.5 or 8.7.

Ah well, WOHD seems to be getting lots of gamer attention, from what I have seen at other sites. I think the low price point was a smart move on Sony's part.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

In 5 days I wont't give a about reviews like this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I am sick of reviewers (and internet people) downplaying HD because it's 'just a quick graphical overhaul of old stuff'. Those people understand nothing.

A nice 5 stars from Yahoo Games...

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com...hd-94909e.html

That should help boost us back up the Metacritic rankings. ^_,^

Quote Originally Posted by Kscorps View Post
    How dare they compare this with F-Zero...!
    in fairness they're a similar style of game, granted they play and feel differently but pulse and HD have a lot more in common with the 'look' of f-zero than previous wipeout's. it's not an insult, i think it's an accurate comparison on a certain level.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Uh huh, another good review, really who needs anymore proof that Gamespot have little credibility and is full of crap.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Sucks how there's a lack of reviews...didn't SL give out 'review copies' in the press kits to a whole bunch of press people to write reviews on???

I reckon they've sold the kits on Ebay and didn't even bother to review the game...

Hanging for a gametrailers video review on youtube...just love seeing the game in motion...absolutely style in 1gb of downloadable content...(I think it was around 1gb)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm sure we are gonna see tons of reviews this week.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I still can't get over how Gamespot compared this to F-Zero.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

They are pretty similar games...and I believe F-Zero was out before WipEout...F-Zero had all the ingredients for a futuristic racer...speed...I believe they were anti-gravity crafts too...pit lanes...

Only thing F-Zero didn't have was weapons...but rather they had some kind of spin move that you could spin your craft to attack opponents with...

I tried it out on the Nintendo Gamecube...sure it had the ingredients, but they just didn't know how to cook...(weird analogy)...with WipEout, it just has so much more going for it...graphical style, flawless gameplay, music, and most importantly, speed, speed and more speed...

On a more random note...anyone here knows how I can get into trying my hand at writing game reviews online??? I figured...it might be a fun exercise...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 21st September 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

F-Zero DID have the speed, yes. But what it lacks is that floaty feeling that Wipeout has.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

it also lacks art direction. while the speed is definitely there, and the driving physics, while not as cool as wipEout's, are certainly enjoyable, the one thing that always turned me off was the fact that F-Zero looks like wacky racers in space...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kscorps View Post
    I still can't get over how Gamespot compared this to F-Zero.
    "I still can't get over how X compared Call of Duty to Medal of Honor."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

But, eL, as said before, Pulse and HD look a lot more like F-Zero than the previous games did.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Sorry but no, they don't. Just take a look at all the design that's in Pure/Pulse/HD. Team logos, ship design, other brands to make it feel like a complete world.
    Now look at F-Zero with it's cartooney pilots, fisher-price colors and racecraft that don't really look like they follow any rule of physics or aerodynamics.
    You can compare them gameplay-wise, if you must (even though I find that pretty generalising, like comparing F1 to Nascar), but in terms of design and overall feel, they are worlds apart.
    And I am NOT saying that as a wipEout fanboy and F-Zero hater. F-Zero is a great franchise, I enjoyed it both on the SNES and the Gamecube, for a time even more than the wipEout franchise (blame Fusion ), but in terms of sophisticated, precise, believeable fururistic racing there is no other choice than wipEout.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Not even Fatal Inertia...(I'll probably get flamed...)

Anyone ever try Quantum Redshift??? I nearly bought an XBOX just to try Quantum...but got mixed reviews on it...

Anyway...back on topic *looks around for Lance*

Cmon...gametrailers video review...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

wipeout > fzero, and i dont think theyre visual design is that similar

quantom redshift was pretty awesome but overall its not a that great of a game, especially when compaired to wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Elenova View Post
    Ok, wipeout is no piece of cake for newcomers, but "Incredible steep difficulty curve"? "Even seasoned players will struggle from the fifth tier onward"
    I can't understand this thread in the gaming industry. New generation of gamers must have some kind of problems ... Games nowadays are becoming slideshows where there is no skil required, no learning curve.

These casuals should stay with their casual games and don't ruin long time running series like wipeout and many others.