Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

That list is from SCEA, not SCEE.
    All WO releases were later in the U.S. so it still may come to European countries soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

@ egg

mario kart and gta4 are infact perfect example of how to market a game.

dont get me wong I love wipeout I just dislike sonys inabillity to correctly market a game.

Ah, but you can release a Mario Kart game on the same day as a GTA game and still be fairly sure you'll sell pretty well, as they're different markets and different consoles, that was my point. MK is a huge franchise with an assured fanbase.. Wipeout on the other hand is still pretty niche (as sales of Pulse show).

Quote Originally Posted by Ota View Post
    All WO releases were later in the U.S. so it still may come to European countries soon.
    I hope....

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

again pulse was very poorly marketed I dont beleive i've even seen a tv ad for it down here.

it's sad for me to say but the wipeout franchise suffered when psynosis died and and spat out the sour tasting fusion on the ps2.
    pure and pulse were execlent games with just one thing missing "a neGcon".

I can tell you right now if I was a non serious gamer and I saw the Wipeout HD trailer on comercial tv or in a movie theater I would wet myself and want to buy a ps3 in an instant.

It's a serious maketting flaw to not advertise somthing that is considered niche.
    niche means someone stumbled across somthing good
    imagin the possibillitys if somthing good was thrust apon the wider community
    ohh the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ota View Post
    Strangely, SCEA seem to have a fuzzy idea about WoHD in general. I read an interview with a SCEA guy on Crispy Gamer, where he speculated the Motion-Sensing might not make it into the finished game ... first I've heard of it :/

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

well, I hope you're right. I'd really really really like to get my mits on this gem. You guys could always follow the strategy Criterion uses: update the game with new content after launch (and if it is succesfull enough to warrant it) might even give a boost in sales then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

I really hope you're right Ota. In fact, that's exactly what I thought. The game has been delayed several times, but for the first time we were given an (what seems to be according to some French sites) official date. Even if a delay is yet possible, I REALLY hope it won't be the case.
    If the game was unfortunately delayed till September, it would mean a total delay of almost a year! ( nov-dec2007-sept2008 )!!!

PS: Come on Egg, please give us a clue!!!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What else comes out this month, whats the crack here are Sony afraid of HAZE or something?

It would be really annoying if the game was ready but being held back because it would supposedly sell better in X month, no, it would sell better if people knew it existed, all this Pulse tanked. Don't tell me no one at Sony knows why.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

@ Rapid
    thank you, finaly someone who undestands me

microsoft and sony are both playing the brand game

on the other hand Nintendo has the brand and a clever marketting stratgy.

I mean s**t the wii is not much more powerfull than the game cube and or even an xbox1 or a ps2 and it's sell more units than 360 and ps3.

Liverpool Studio and Sony, "Wipeout is a brand name, go out and sell it".

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

actually out the end of may on PSN is Fatal Inertia Ex, by all accounts a piss poor ripoff of wipeout.

Sure i can see the logic of not releasing both together, but it makes no sense that sony would delay their own game in favour of this?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I've got this on the 360 you cannot even start comparing it to Wipeout, I mean its fun for a week or so but meh. Clearly it would get slaughtered it would be slaughtered if it were released at the same time as HD.

Might have something to do with it being a middling racer, a poor man's WipEout that was met with a collective "meh."
    lol!! Poor mans Wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well, the fact that Egg didn't instantly call bullshit on the September release rumor means it's not totally impossible (which SU-U-UCKS).
    Let's face it, if it really came out in 2 weeks, we would know by now. It wasn't even on the Sony newsletter AT ALL this week.
    I'm not the kind of fanboy who starts swearing at SL or Sony if my favorite game gets pushed further and further away, but even I am slowly starting to get pissed off. I ordered a Dualshock 3 this week, now it looks like it's gonna be available here anyway before wipEout HD comes out.
    Just tell us what's up, SL. If you say it got pushed because of marketing, we'll accept that. If you tell us you're having trouble finalizing it, we'll accept that. If you tell us you don't know how long it's gonna be, we'll accept that, too. But not commenting at all to your most loyal fanbase is kind of a bad move imho. :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Besides, ThreeSpeech has a WO HD banner running. They usually do this as some kind of countdown, and they're pretty well informed as the semi official site they are. Have faith.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

I had also noticed this detail Ota!
    After "lets be friends" (where both AG-SyS pilots!), lets hope together!

PS: what elhabib says makes sense too... Not a word at Sony's gamers day, no news 2 weeks before the supposed release date... Hum...
    Last edited by ColdRem'S; 17th May 2008 at 02:50 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm seeing things saying summer for the US, I don't think Europe would get it after the US so with that in mind, September is hardly summer.

"Just tell us what's up, SL. If you say it got pushed because of marketing, we'll accept that. If you tell us you're having trouble finalizing it, we'll accept that. If you tell us you don't know how long it's gonna be, we'll accept that, too. But not commenting at all to your most loyal fanbase is kind of a bad move imho. :/ "

almost exactly what I said. if it is a stealth release, expect this

stealth release = vector sales

So the release date now is the same time as wipeout pulse for ps2? I was really looking foward to HD soon, and pulse on the ps2 with a regular controller.

Fatal Inertia. have you played the entire game? It gets much faster, and floatier. It is not as polished as a wipeout game, but the floatiness is there. A couple of stupid things I did not like was the sound of the brake boost, and the weapon assist when you are behind(which the programmer told me was complletely toned down for the ps3 release, and possible taken out with a download to make it random. He also said the game is smoother and faster than the xbox version. I'll give it a shot, especially now that Hd probably won't be coming out anytime soon.

A note to developers. Cut the crap with assistance to the person behind. Noone who is serious about the game wants this, unless it is an option.

OK, half of this is off topic. end here

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

@ColdRem'S: Yeah, sure.
    There may be some tactical depth in the team mate feature if there is one in the end.
    However, AG has lost a lot since 2097. I fly whatever team that has me contracted.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Arrow

You all going to hate me for this!

To me, it`s perfect for me, when HD comes out and I will be ready by then after my gruelling golf schedules and I`m getting renovate my house, so my timing might be just about right.

*runs away and hide!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

TRAITOR! Men, ready the plank, throw some bloody meat in the water to tease the sharks!